Has anyone had anything stolen from your resort room?

We have never locked anything up. Nothing has ever been stolen. I think mousekeeping is very aware of the trust instilled in them.

It's been a long time, probably 18 years or so we had some cash taken when we were staying at one of the All Stars. I think it was in a suitcase, but it's been so long I don't even remember.

We put cash, wallets, ipad and laptops in the safe. We've forgotten and left DD's ipad out a few times, we leave medication out, and I have a Disney Dooney and Mickey Coach bag that usually are left in the room and never issues with any of those.

Nope, nothing ever taken, but I do use common sense and lock up anything I'd be upset over losing in my suitcase. I trust housekeeping more than fellow guests because it's not always just housekeeping that can nab something, other guests can time a grab when housekeeping is in the bathroom.

According to what I read, it was someone who had it happen to them twice, both separate times at AKL.
I don't live in a Disney bubble, I do believe negative things happen. But I'd be more likely to trust several (= a few, not just two anything ;)) people with single experiences over one person with multiples.

Nope, nothing ever taken, but I do use common sense and lock up anything I'd be upset over losing in my suitcase. I trust housekeeping more than fellow guests because it's not always just housekeeping that can nab something, other guests can time a grab when housekeeping is in the bathroom.
This is really true. Housekeeping keeps the door propped open with their carts and anyone can walk into the room while they are cleaning the bedrooms or bathrooms. Especially in the larger DVC units. Back in 2014 , some crazy guy tried to attack a housekeeper in a room while she was cleaning. He just walked in through the open door.

I don't live in a Disney bubble, I do believe negative things happen. But I'd be more likely to trust several (= a few, not just two anything ;)) people with single experiences over one person with multiples.

That was actually me , over the dozen times staying at AKL we had a piece of jewelry stolen ( club level stay ) and another time medication ( several narcotics) , we never use housekeeping and always put the sign out and let them know at check in not to have anyone enter the room .... so I didn’t think so much but after the second time I purchased a medication safe for travel although I’m sure someone can just walk off with the whole thing lol
We filed a report on the jewelry and never got a response or compensation although it was a special gift from my husband ( a gold badge copied from his work badge ) so couldn’t be replaced anyway .

Nope not in any of the many hotels I have stayed in. I would think that for most people in this world their job is more important than swiping something from a room.

Nope not in any of the many hotels I have stayed in. I would think that for most people in this world their job is more important than swiping something from a room.
For most yes but some do steal from rooms. It was just last May the Disney set up a sting and caught a housekeeper stealing money from a room. They had watched her for a while but needed the evidence.

The point is, I'm glad lots of people have never had a problem. We in the hotel business would love that to be 100% but thefts do unfortunately occur. Take reasonable precautions and don't leave things out when you leave your. And do put valuables in the safe or the front desk safe.

Although it's a low probability occurrence it only takes one theft to totally ruin your vacation. Better safe than sorry.

I never have, but I also don't bring anything very valuable on vacation. I don't have any medication, don't bring any jewelry except my wedding ring which I always wear, and don't bring electronics. The most valuable thing I've ever left in the room is a Garmin 920x watch--basically a GPS for triathletes to measure and record your time and distance. When it was new it was worth about $400, but I'm guessing that most people who aren't triathletes wouldn't really know what it is and how much it could be worth.

I had a t-shirt that went missing at BWI. I can't say it was housekeeping for sure. I had worn it swimming (to prevent sunburn) and left it on our balcony along with the swimsuits to dry. When I was ready to pack our stuff the next day, the swimsuits were there but the t shirt wasn't. Where did it go? I have no idea. It was a Disney t-shirt purchased on a trip a few months prior. We had left iPads in our room (usually we lock them in the safe or a suitcase but on this occasion we forgot) on the same day the t shirt disappeared. Seems a bit strange that a t-shirt and not an iPad would get stolen. I have no other explanation for the shirt, though. It was very wet (and drying across the back of a chair), so I don't think it blew away in a breeze.

That was actually me , over the dozen times staying at AKL we had a piece of jewelry stolen ( club level stay ) and another time medication ( several narcotics) , we never use housekeeping and always put the sign out and let them know at check in not to have anyone enter the room .... so I didn’t think so much but after the second time I purchased a medication safe for travel although I’m sure someone can just walk off with the whole thing lol
We filed a report on the jewelry and never got a response or compensation although it was a special gift from my husband ( a gold badge copied from his work badge ) so couldn’t be replaced anyway .

With narcotics I would have called the police. Especially since I know WDW does not take theft seriously, in my experience.

Numerous stays on property and off, never had anything taken.

And my laptop doesn't fit in the safe, so I leave it unlocked.

This last trip, I simply put it in the chair under the table. It couldn't be seen from the hallway.

I also wear any jewelry that I bring.

Never. I stay in hotels all the time for work and for personal travel. I have never had a problem. I use the safes and I also use my suitcase and lock it.

Never had a problem at Disney. I have left cameras, iPad, and even cash out in plain sight and never had a problem. I have left my medication out too and never a problem.

But, like anything else, things can happen. I just have never had it happen to me.

With narcotics I would have called the police. Especially since I know WDW does not take theft seriously, in my experience.

Yeh I had to file a report because of the type of meds to have them replaced but unfortunately it wasn’t taken very seriously... it was many years ago so after that I do try to keep them more secure . I figured they could see who was in and out of the room but they kinda gave me the run around . It doesn’t spoil Disney for me but with the new policy it does make me more aware again .
I do DCL also but the dates are larger and hold everything easily.

As far as the necklace it was a mistake on my part to take it off , I was going swimming and forgot to put it back on the next morning and left it in the glass on the sink along with some other items but the necklace was the only thing taken .

Of the 2people that had something stolen (that I had noticed, myself and at least one other) the common thing was that management did not much care and did not take it seriously.

The problem is in proving something was stolen. And that is hard to do. Without something like a photo of the item sitting in the room, you cannot prove you had the item to start with. Unfortunately as the burden of proof is on the victim, it makes it hard to get any justice.

Nope, never had a problem anywhere. I have left several electronics out, cash, jewelry, medication, never been bothered.

Nope. I've stayed on property for years with no issues. I also never leave any electronics sitting out.

Years ago, a Polar Express DVD disappeared from the player. I reported it and later received a letter that they would do nothing. I really just wanted the theft known, in case they could reprimand the cast member and prevent a recurrence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter