Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

And I was just able to get that Poly night! Now, I just need to wait for MS to open so I can have that one night merged with the other 3 night reservation.

And I was just able to get that Poly night! Now, I just need to wait for MS to open so I can have that one night merged with the other 3 night reservation.
Congrats!
I have a WL and continually stalking with an automatic refresh November 11 in a one bedroom at BWVs P/G view to complete a 9 night stay. Right now Im in a studio our first night then moving to one bedroom and that day seems to never be available. Days before and after but never that one day.

I had our Beach Club for 4 nights in November show up this morning at 7am but was not taken off our Waitlist we had requested weeks ago. Is this an ongoing problem for others as well? This is very frustrating as a DVC member.

I pieced together a 7 night stay in October, one day at a time. TONS of stalking though, I was quicker than the wait list :)

I've been on the waitlist for a few weeks to change from a lake view to a standard view studio for one night at the Poly the week before Christmas so that I wouldn't have to change rooms.

No movement on my wait list request, but I was able to find exactly what I needed myself by stalking this morning. The waitlist never matched. I modified myself and have what I needed now!
Question about modifying… I am trying to piece together a stay by stalking. Right now I have only one night I’m missing, which I waitlisted. If I see it available by stalking, is it best to book the night and then cancel the waitlist and old reservation (which it would replace) or to modify the existing reservation? I have enough points to do so.

Question about modifying… I am trying to piece together a stay by stalking. Right now I have only one night I’m missing, which I waitlisted. If I see it available by stalking, is it best to book the night and then cancel the waitlist and old reservation (which it would replace) or to modify the existing reservation? I have enough points to do so.
If it's available but not hitting your wait-list, claim the room because it means it's not matching to the wait-list. Based on what you described, it probably doesn't matter if you modify or claim the single night, since either way you will have to call MS to bridge the other nights on either side of your missing day.

If it's available but not hitting your wait-list, claim the room because it means it's not matching to the wait-list. Based on what you described, it probably doesn't matter if you modify or claim the single night, since either way you will have to call MS to bridge the other nights on either side of your missing day.
I had this exact thing happen this week for the middle of a four night stay and even tho the room available matched my wait-list I was on the phone w. MS and they said for some reason it wasn't matching but they could claim the room while I was on the phone as a new rez, cancel out my wait-list, and then just bridge it all together.

Does anyone yet understand how the matching even works??? I had a waitlist for a BWV studio for one night in September. I've also been stalking the site and saw it pop up so I decided to go ahead and modify my existing reservation and got it. I feel like there is absolutely no rhyme or reason for these waitlist matching. I've had maybe one waitlist ever match and I only found that out because I was looking at my dashboard, never received an email about it. Why even have the waitlist option if it just doesn't work.

My august 28 & 29 waitlist ends tomorrow night. Ugh. I though with so many folks canceling it would increase my chances. I’ve been stalking non stop. Of course it’s a standard studio for Saturday &Sunday. I’ve seen one day pop up, but didn’t want to split a 2 night stay.

My august 28 & 29 waitlist ends tomorrow night. Ugh. I though with so many folks canceling it would increase my chances. I’ve been stalking non stop. Of course it’s a standard studio for Saturday &Sunday. I’ve seen one day pop up, but didn’t want to split a 2 night stay.

and now it’s over. No waitlist for me. second time over the last 2 trips. Really thought it might happen since there are so many canceling. In June I couldn’t get my ONE night waitlist, but it was Bwv standard 2 bedroom (so we didn’t have to move). I’ll continue to stalk this week, but leave in 6 days. I enjoy OKW, but BWV is home to me, it’s where I’m most comfortable.

Last edited:
and now it’s over. No waitlist for me. second time over the last 2 trips. Really thought it might happen since there are so many canceling. In June I couldn’t get my ONE night waitlist, but it was Bwv standard 2 bedroom (so we didn’t have to move). I’ll continue to stalk this week, but leave in 6 days. I enjoy OKW, but BWV is home to me, it’s where I’m most comfortable.

If you have time and waitlists are not long, I’d also try and call. I have heard that sometimes within 7 days they can see something we can’t.

ETA: I mean wait times on the phone are not too long.

Last edited:
I had been filling and switching days for a late Jan trip next year. I had the first 2 nights as individual nights in BWV P/G studio (I had gotten them by stalking). The third night I had SSR Std Studio, wait listed for BWV. The next 3 nights I had a single reservation at SSR std studio. I saw there was availability for all 3 nights in a Hearing accessible room in BWV. In order to eliminate the risk of loosing any nights, while transitioning the a HA room..... I called MS. The plan was to:
1. Combine the 2 nights into 1 reservation.
2. Switch those 2 nights into a BWV P/G HA studio
3. Modify the single night (third) to a BWV P/G HA studio
4. Combine to one reservation.

I didn't want to just start switching individual nights incase there really wasn't availability or I had website issues.

The RAT showed no availability for any of the 6 nights in BWV P/G studio (non HA).

I got ahold of MS last night....
Night 3 was available in a non HA room I was told "my waitlist had come through" - they modified my third per the waitlist and then combined. They they asked - I see the next 3 nights you are in SSR too.... Do you want to move those to BWV too? I didn't want to, but what the heck..... The RAT showed no of those as available either? Are they just booking the HA rooms as non- HA rooms? Or is there tons of availability not shown in the RAT? Would my wait list had come through if I hadn't called (I think not)?

If you have time and waitlists are not long, I’d also try and call. I have heard that sometimes within 7 days they can see something we can’t.

ETA: I mean wait times on the phone are not too long.
Are they able to tell you how far down on a waitlist you are when you call? I'm waiting on one night in November to bridge two bookings that I have. Stalking the site every day isn't helping out yet.

I had been filling and switching days for a late Jan trip next year. I had the first 2 nights as individual nights in BWV P/G studio (I had gotten them by stalking). The third night I had SSR Std Studio, wait listed for BWV. The next 3 nights I had a single reservation at SSR std studio. I saw there was availability for all 3 nights in a Hearing accessible room in BWV. In order to eliminate the risk of loosing any nights, while transitioning the a HA room..... I called MS. The plan was to:
1. Combine the 2 nights into 1 reservation.
2. Switch those 2 nights into a BWV P/G HA studio
3. Modify the single night (third) to a BWV P/G HA studio
4. Combine to one reservation.

I didn't want to just start switching individual nights incase there really wasn't availability or I had website issues.

The RAT showed no availability for any of the 6 nights in BWV P/G studio (non HA).

I got ahold of MS last night....
Night 3 was available in a non HA room I was told "my waitlist had come through" - they modified my third per the waitlist and then combined. They they asked - I see the next 3 nights you are in SSR too.... Do you want to move those to BWV too? I didn't want to, but what the heck..... The RAT showed no of those as available either? Are they just booking the HA rooms as non- HA rooms? Or is there tons of availability not shown in the RAT? Would my wait list had come through if I hadn't called (I think not)?

That's really interesting! Now I may have to call and see if they see anything for my one night wait list.

Are they able to tell you how far down on a waitlist you are when you call? I'm waiting on one night in November to bridge two bookings that I have. Stalking the site every day isn't helping out yet.

They don’t because it really doesn’t matter as the fill based on what comes available.

For example, you could be 10th on a waitlist, but could be the next one to get a room because you only need one night and the others want more than one.

From what I am told, it’s order and then exact match. So, say 3 nights open up…they check person one and if they need those 3 nights, they get them, if they need only two of them, they get them, if they only need one, they get it. Then they keep going.

I had a waitlist to add a day to the beginning of our Poly Bungalow reservation for Marathon weekend. I've been stalking it - checking multiple times a day for over a month, but have had no luck. Today I called to switch to another resort so we wouldn't have to change rooms between the Half and the Full Marathons, and asked them to first check to see if my missing day was available. I was told that the waitlist had matched and the day had been put on hold, but the modification just hadn't happened yet. They were able to complete the reservation, and merge my two reservations (replacing a backup reservation that I had made for the missing night). So now I'm all set. But I do wonder how long ago the waitlist matched. It is impossible to me that the match just happened the day I called.

I had a waitlist to add a day to the beginning of our Poly Bungalow reservation for Marathon weekend. I've been stalking it - checking multiple times a day for over a month, but have had no luck. Today I called to switch to another resort so we wouldn't have to change rooms between the Half and the Full Marathons, and asked them to first check to see if my missing day was available. I was told that the waitlist had matched and the day had been put on hold, but the modification just hadn't happened yet. They were able to complete the reservation, and merge my two reservations (replacing a backup reservation that I had made for the missing night). So now I'm all set. But I do wonder how long ago the waitlist matched. It is impossible to me that the match just happened the day I called.

I have heard it can take days for it to process. It’s one change I’d love to see on the website…something that shows its pending and awaiting a CM to process

Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter