Has anyone gotten trip insurance on a cruise booked on DVC points?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
We have decided to cruise over Easter next year and book our trip entirely on DVC points. We would also like to get trip insurance, which we have not done in the past. How does this work if you need to cancel your trip? Are the points you used returned to your account, or are you reimbursed with an equivalent cash value? I asked this on the DVC board but got no responses, so I thought I would try here! Thanks!

They do offer trip insurance and Member Services should be able to provide you with a brochure. I seem to recall that the reimbursement is $5.00 per point. They do not return points to your account. I have not taken the trip insurance with DVC points myself, however. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter