Has Anyone Gone To The Silver Springs Park?

ilovemky

DIS Veteran
Saw a special on this park on Travel Channel yesterday--looked really fascinating. Is it worth taking a day to go see it? Any and all info/advice would be greatly appreciated!

We are of course spending most of our time at Disney but hubby wants to see the wildlife--hope this does not go against board rules?

thanks

Disney Institute May 1997
POR 10/15-10/22/01

Nothing against the rules - just moved to the appropriate board. Hope you get answers to your question...

Now, I haven't been for a few years, but I would definately say that this is NOT worth the trip. SS is pretty rundown. The attractions are all dirty, and the park is not well kept up. The attractions are interesting enough, but not very original.

Demosthenes,
I'm sorry to read your comment regarding Silver Springs. I visited
in 1994 and truly loved it. The natural beauty of the place was
awesome. Attractions were water oriented, boat rides; nature walks,
animals (My then not quite two year old fed a giraffe--quite an
experience!) All in all, a beautiful day and one that I have often
longed to repeat.

Hi

We went to Silver Springs once in 1996. It was part of our tour. We thought that it was a waste of our limited time in Florida. There was not much to do and we thought that the admission was too way too high.

I can imagine that some people like it (especially with children), but we didn't.

Have been to Silver Springs several times years ago. In March 2001 we went for the first time in many years. We were so disappointed with the park. It's definitely not what it once was. We probably won't go again. Also, the drive from Orlando to Ocala was not a good one. The traffic was absolutely terrible.

I live in Ocala and can tell you there have been many problems with SS due to new owners. They have reduced the number of days that they are open and many people in town have not renewed their passes. The rates to get in are outrageous. All you get is a couple of boat rides and a few glimpses of animals. Pass this one up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter