Has anyone ever heard of the National Honor Roll?

AFgirl325

Addicted to the DIS!
Has any ever had a child or they themselves been part of "The National Honor Roll"? Can you tell me anything about it? I just got a letter from them stating that I'd be nominated and I'm part of a "small percentage of high school students", but I'm not really sure about it because I've heard about these kind of things before and that they aren't really exclusive or important. Plus, the spelled my name wrong.... lol

Any info would be great! Thanks!

Do you mean the National Honor 'Society'? I was inducted into that in my senior year, as was my daughter when she was in high school.
Diane AKA Whitegloves =0)

No, it's definitely the National Honor Roll. I thought it was the National Honor Society too- something tells me this program is trying to copy the Nat'l Honor Society, but we'll see...

There was some book that contacted my daughter, they are some kind of registry...they make it sound like you are one of the chosen few... they will list you in their book for a fee. Are they the ones who contacted you?

My daughter got the same letter. It's just an attempt to get your parents to spend money on a useless book. My daughter gets them all the time, French, English, National Honor Roll, etc. All the same thing. Someone nominated her (ha) more likely they got it by checking the school records. Don't get me wrong my daughter is an excellent student but none of her teachers would send her name in for something so useless. Throw it away. Be proud of your GPA and work to maintain it but ignore junk mail like that.

Thanks a lot everyone! I figured there was it was useless, but thought I might as well check- leave it to the DIS to help me find out!

Thanks again!

My DD got one too, we threw it away. She WAS recently inducted into NHS, we figure that got her on some kind of mailing list :rolleyes:
;)
Congrats on your accomplishments...keep it up! But I agree with ToriLammy...throw it away!

Actually, some of my sons college apps have used this as an example of an honor that you may have recieved in HS-you are not required to purchase the book to have your child listed.

Sounds like one of those "Who's Who" books/lists that are scams because they essentially include you only if you order one of their "expensive" books. Don't know for sure that's what it is, but I'd be cautious.

I remember "Who's Who Among High School Students" as the one that they used to have "back when."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter