Has anyone ever had bad luck and not gotten Tron?

newfiegirl

Hello Mickey!
Let’s say i am not successful in getting a boarding pass at 7am and I’m staying off site so I cannot use the ILL. Then 1pm rolls around and again, I’m not successful. Does this mean my Tron riding is out for that day? How likely is it to happen? I’m going end of August. Thanks

Missing the 7am one is a regular occurrence... Not being able to buy ILL never happened to me and the 1pm drop is far easier to get. And to add to that end of August should be a relatively slow time so you should have no problem either buying ILL or getting a group at 1pm. As I said 7am one it's pure luck as it's available for less than 1 sec.

Let’s say i am not successful in getting a boarding pass at 7am and I’m staying off site so I cannot use the ILL. Then 1pm rolls around and again, I’m not successful. Does this mean my Tron riding is out for that day? How likely is it to happen? I’m going end of August. Thanks
It was pretty crazy, on Sunday, 7/9 I was able to get. Tron with no issues, honestly way earlier than what we would've preferred (group 12). Tried again same way, same place, same time on Friday (7/14) and they were already out..
both times were right at 7. I do believe Fri. was much more crowded than Sunday, but it seemed so crazy. Honestly, we really weren't fans anyways so it wasn't devastating for us. Now, had we been shut out of Guardians that would have been a different story lol.

We will be there the end of August also and I hope we can get a VQ each of our Epcot days but I know it's not guaranteed and there are people each day who miss out. If it's something you really want to do you may wish to budget for ILL$ to be on the safe side.

Let’s say i am not successful in getting a boarding pass at 7am and I’m staying off site so I cannot use the ILL. Then 1pm rolls around and again, I’m not successful. Does this mean my Tron riding is out for that day? How likely is it to happen? I’m going end of August. Tha

It's a pain to do this, but on my Android phone, I go to the Disney World App, open the storage and clear the cache and data. I do this around 6:50 AM. You have to log back into the Disney World app but now your phone won't use the data it has already stored and go get new info. The only thing I do on my phone until 6:59:55 is get ready to join the virtual queue. This also sound trivial but is very important, make sure you have something open looking at time.gov. That will tell you the official time and from what I've researched, its what Disney uses to keep time on their devices. I start my virtual queue attempt at 6:59:57. This has always worked for me for every virtual queue that I have attempted to get into.

We went about two weeks after Tron opened in April - we waited until after 2:15PM to try for Tron since some of our family weren't positive they wanted to do it so we didn't make it a high priority (we didn't want to take a spot from those for whom it was a high priority); we had no problems getting the VQ at that time, but our boarding group was the last of the day (which was not a problem and we all rode and enjoyed it)!

It's a pain to do this, but on my Android phone, I go to the Disney World App, open the storage and clear the cache and data. I do this around 6:50 AM. You have to log back into the Disney World app but now your phone won't use the data it has already stored and go get new info.
What is the purpose of clearing the app cache? I'm not sure what "new info" you would need to get when trying for the virtual queue, outside of a spot in the queue itself, which is what it will be retrieving.

7a is generally available for at least 5 seconds.
Less than that for us - it was crazy - I still can’t believe it.
Thank God for ILL - it was worth every dollar.

What is the purpose of clearing the app cache? I'm not sure what "new info" you would need to get when trying for the virtual queue, outside of a spot in the queue itself, which is what it will be retrieving.
Cache is used to store information downloaded to the App. Your phone and PC will look for information in cache before it goes out to the Internet. If it finds what it needs in cache it will use that vice downloading new info. Clearing the cache forces the app to go out to the Internet and download the information you requested.

Last month we were offsite did not get a 7am VQ (we were a bit late so on us).

We were able to get ILL without issue so don’t rule out trying.

I've never done ILL. Can you pick the time? I'd like to go for VQ and buy a ILL for the evening.

I've never done ILL. Can you pick the time? I'd like to go for VQ and buy a ILL for the evening.
There are timeslots that become available at 7 am and gradually disappear as they sell out. You can pick as long as it hasn’t sold out yet, I’d think you should be able to get an evening ride as long as you’re going for it once they open up availabilities.

Late night ILL$ sell quicker than any other. If I were you, I’d buy to ride at night and try for a 1pm drop, too. The second VQ drop has lasted for minutes to hours for most of the summer.

A couple of months ago, I failed at the 7:00am despite following a lot of detailed steps to maximize my chances. It surprised me because I'd had a lot of success when ROTR was doing the VQ a few years ago. However, as noted above, 1:00pm tends to be much easier and I did get a slot then.

How early in the day do ILLs usually sell out? We plan to buy them for all four parks.
For Tron? According to Thrill Data it's been very random lately. Yesterday it appears to have sold out at 10:30 but the day before it took until 1:15 and the day prior to that it was 3:05. It's still available today.

Cache is used to store information downloaded to the App. Your phone and PC will look for information in cache before it goes out to the Internet. If it finds what it needs in cache it will use that vice downloading new info. Clearing the cache forces the app to go out to the Internet and download the information you requested.
I think maybe you misunderstood my comment. I'm asking, why would you do this to join the VQ? It is unnecessary - no cache is involved in getting a spot in the VQ. From a technical perspective, it wouldn't make any sense to have something like that cached, and it's certainly not something that 99.99 percent of people joining the VQ do, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter