Has anyone ever had an altercation with another guest and/or family while at WDW?

A couple weeks ago we were at DHS and missed out on fastpasses for Toy Story Mania so we were waiting in a long line! The wait time was about 90 minutes. Well wouldn't you know we're about 3 groups of people away from the turnstyle to enter the ride and my 3 year old starts freaking out that she has to go to the bathroom. Very urgently! I knew if I didn't leave then she would have had an accident. Mind you...I definitely did NOT want to leave the line!

So I decided to ask the two groups in front of me if I could pass through with my daughter so I could take her to the bathroom. I figured it'd be easier then backtracking through the whole que. So the one family could tell it was an emergency and let us through. Then the last guy says very firmly NO and stood there with his arms out so I couldn't get by. I asked again and stated I wasn't going on the ride, I was leaving the que and he wasn't budging. His wife (I'm assuming) kept saying honey just let them go and he just wasn't having it. I just said you have got to be kidding me! So I squeezed through this little area on the side to get to the cast member and ask her the best way to get out!

That was the only time on our trip we came across someone like that...and I was mad!

I'd be tempted to let her pee on his shoes.

Next day we get on the bus, long lines behind us waiting for the next bus we are packed like sardines and there is basically no room left but the driver keeps yelling for everyone to move down. When no one is moving he finally says "What's the problem is it those stupid strollers taking up room?" Everyone is staring at us and yelling YES but thankfully people are giving us smiles like this driver is crazy. But the thought of taking the buses after that was turning my stomache. :sick: We eventually started using the taxis.

ok, just playing "devil's advocate here. (and let it beknown that hubby has had 5 foot surgeries, and almost NEVER sits on a bus... ALWAYS gives up a seat for a child, a woman, an elderly person, whatever). I would NEVER advocate parents leaving their children alone on a bus. but they only need ONE PARENT WITH them. so many times, I have seen a family with strollers REFUSE to "split up" on a bus, when there is available standing space behind them. (not saying that was you). If mom and kids got a seat in the front or middle of the bus, dad and stroller can move on down. so more people can enter the bus. you DON'T need to all be together on the bus. BOTH parents know the bus stop to get off at. I only say this cause I have seen it happen numerous times. "we want our family to be together, so 10 more people COULD have fit in, but I'm stopping in the middle with the stroller cause that's where my family is sitting". ... you'll meet back up at the resort stop. OF COURSE! stand there if you are the only adult... stay with your kids. but if mom ORdad is with them...the other need to... move on down

Seriously? She wouldn't have been moving for just a 6 year old, remember there was an assortment of family and 2 strollers. If she would have moved for the mis-behaved child before she knew it the rest of the assortment of family and strollers would have been in front of her as well.

If the poster chose to stake out a spot for the parade ahead of time, then it is her spot and the parents coming later with their children should realize and understand that and plan better in the future.

may i first say, DEVILDUCKIE, that I LOVE that you refer to hubby as "husbandman" (is that from rose is rose?, the comic strip?)

we are now empty nesters. but took the kids twice before they went and grew up! I recall "staking out" a table at the mexican cantina when the boys were young teens.... in the rain... for 3 hours...let the boys go do "It's a SMALL MEXICAN world and Norwegian TROLL world, while we SAT there. and SAT there. then... JUST before Illum., a BIG family rushed up... wanted to stand in front of us.. "they little... they little". sorry, they may be little, but we SAT here for 3 HOURS!
now that we go, just the 2 of us, we stake out a spot. and we DO let LITTLE ones in front of us. IF the parents are nice, and they APPRECIATE it. (doesn't mean mom and dad are standing in front of me, after I staked out the spot for an hour! )
also, I will use WHATEVER washroom stall is available when I am next in line. UNLESS I see a disabled person. If the disability is not apparent... let me know,, you can go in front of me.

Not at WDW, but relevant nonetheless...

him the whole way off the jetway and into the terminal. I turned around after getting into the terminal and my parents, the flight attendants, and the pilots are all laughing hysterically as they are coming off the plane.

This was pre-9/11, so I doubt I could get away with something like this again...darn... :rolleyes1
you go, baby!!! anyone who deals with chicago construction season... I LOVE the way you dealt with the situation.. (but... can you dangle a participle?)

We were at Pirates and the two lines were converging into one spot where the boats were being loaded. The CM pointed at DH and I and asked how many and then gestured for us to get into the boat. As I stepped forward, an older gentleman with a tour group from another country threw his closed umbrella up against my arm and shoved me out of the way as he hurried into the boat which was filled with other guests from the same group. The CM and I looked at each other in disbelief! The CM then turned to the man and told him that he couldn't push other guests, but the man just sat there staring forward acting as if he didn't understand or hear the CM. There were many more people from his tour group still in line so I have no idea why he had to get on that particular boat. Still, it didn't excuse him from pushing me out of the way. The CM apologized over and over again, but I kept telling him he had nothing to apologize for. I told the CM I would wait for the entire tour group to go before I would get on the ride.

Disney claims it's "The Happiest Place On Earth", and while all good intentions are there, anytime you get THAT many people in the heat together, it's not so happy. My biggest pet peeve is the parades (which I love). I will let my husband take the kids for around two hours if it's a busy night, and I will sit and hold seats for everyone. All by myself, just sitting and watching the people go by...then my family joins me and aren't we just the happy bunch. Then, BAM! Here comes a big group of people who plow right into us, over us, and around us, making us so uncomfortable and taking up more than their fair share of space. My thought is, if you want this prime space, you should have given up your two hours too! I did, so it's MY spot! Yes, that inner teenager comes out and as I have told my husband, sometimes this "Happiest Place On Earth" brings out the worst in me, and apparently others as I have read. Just as an aside, we always let kids sit in the front row with our kids...it's the adults we shoo away!!!

See, here's the thing...there is no good reason for anybody to spend two hours sitting on a sidewalk "saving a space'. It irritates the crap out of me. We generally stroll on up about 20-30 mins before the parade, maybe even later. We know we are not likely to get a prime viewing spot, but we take what we get. I have better things to do than sit and wait for a parade. Last time we ended up getting front row seats...snuggled up to the garbage can. We didn't care.

There was a young couple beside us, early to mid-20's, who had staked out their 10 ft of space. They had a blanket, backpacks, assorted snacks. There was no way that those two people needed 10 ft of space! I am sure they felt they were entitled to it because they were clever and disciplined enough to stake it out hours in advance, but we thought they were extremely obnoxious and selfish. I have no respect or admiration for anybody like that. We did not infringe on the space they had marked out for themselves, because we aren't as rude as they were. However, in general my thoughts are that being stupid enough to spend hours sitting on a sidewalk doesn't actually entitle you to more space than you need.

However, in general my thoughts are that being stupid enough to spend hours sitting on a sidewalk doesn't actually entitle you to more space than you need.

Hey now, just because you don't like to get a good spot early, that doesn't make the rest of us who do "stupid". I like to watch Spectromagic on Main Street, and in order to do that I need to get my spot about an hour ahead of time. I have made enough trips to the World that I don't need to spend every minute in the park running from one ride to the other. Plus, sitting on the curb gives me time to take in the park atmosphere, and to people watch. It is something that I enjoy doing. That doesn't make me stupid.

BTW I would never hog a huge hunk of curb. That is not stupid, but rude!

Hey now, just because you don't like to get a good spot early, that doesn't make the rest of us who do "stupid". I like to watch Spectromagic on Main Street, and in order to do that I need to get my spot about an hour ahead of time. I have made enought trips to the World that I don't need to spend every minute in the park running from one ride to the other. Plus, sitting on the curb gives me time to take in the park atmosphere, and to people watch. It is something that I enjoy doing. That doesn't make me stupid.

BTW I would never hog a huge hunk of curb. That is not stupid, but rude!

Thanks for chiming in! Some posters are extremely rude. I don't think it's stupid at all, especially for a local like me, plus I love to watch the people and truly see how much "fun" they are having after a long, hot day in the park! :rolleyes1 There are six of us, so I save enough space for us to sit comfortably - I certainly don't take up "chunks" of sidewalk!

See, here's the thing...there is no good reason for anybody to spend two hours sitting on a sidewalk "saving a space'. It irritates the crap out of me. We generally stroll on up about 20-30 mins before the parade, maybe even later. We know we are not likely to get a prime viewing spot, but we take what we get. I have better things to do than sit and wait for a parade. Last time we ended up getting front row seats...snuggled up to the garbage can. We didn't care.

There was a young couple beside us, early to mid-20's, who had staked out their 10 ft of space. They had a blanket, backpacks, assorted snacks. There was no way that those two people needed 10 ft of space! I am sure they felt they were entitled to it because they were clever and disciplined enough to stake it out hours in advance, but we thought they were extremely obnoxious and selfish. I have no respect or admiration for anybody like that. We did not infringe on the space they had marked out for themselves, because we aren't as rude as they were. However, in general my thoughts are that being stupid enough to spend hours sitting on a sidewalk doesn't actually entitle you to more space than you need.

Someone sitting on the sidewalk "irrates the crap out of you" and anyone who chooses to sit and wait for a parade is "rude and selfish"? :confused3

Interesting theory:lmao:

As a local I must be "rude" several times a year when I do actually watch a parade. We have actually gone into a park JUST to watch a parade. We have parked ourselves on a curb and enjoyed the company of our group until the parade starts. I had no idea I was "stupid" LOL.

I don't really have a stance on the 'to save or not to save' debate. But I do know that thems fightin' words around here! Should make for another interesting arguement-er debate!!!!:3dglasses

Guilty....

We were at Animal Kingdom. As we all know there is not much walking room at Animal Kingdom. It was about to pour rain and we were trying to get my daughter, in her power chair into a covered area until it passed. The place was PACKED (as always) and I was clearing the way for her with me and her service dog leaving her a plenty wide enough space to stay behind us. Some rude man walked right in front of her, cutting her off. She immediately stopped, but she clipped his foot. He said something really nasty like "You obviously should NOT be allowed in that thing" and I went OFF! Oh yes, momma bear came out. That poor man heard a whole lot about safety and disabilities and the fact she had been driving her chair for 3 yrs (she was 4 at the time) and how many trips to Disney and had never hit ANYONE and it was HIS fault for being rude to MY kid. A few CMs gathered to "listen" and in the end the schmuck apologized to my daughter (because he was NOT leaving until he did).

So, if you saw the raging momma and the little girl that was just attempting to stay with mom and get out of the rain yelling at the old fart that was pretty stupid.... then "we are definately that family!" And if you are "that schmuck" then I sure hope you learned something about common courtesy!

Guilty....

We were at Animal Kingdom. As we all know there is not much walking room at Animal Kingdom. It was about to pour rain and we were trying to get my daughter, in her power chair into a covered area until it passed. The place was PACKED (as always) and I was clearing the way for her with me and her service dog leaving her a plenty wide enough space to stay behind us. Some rude man walked right in front of her, cutting her off. She immediately stopped, but she clipped his foot. He said something really nasty like "You obviously should NOT be allowed in that thing" and I went OFF! Oh yes, momma bear came out. That poor man heard a whole lot about safety and disabilities and the fact she had been driving her chair for 3 yrs (she was 4 at the time) and how many trips to Disney and had never hit ANYONE and it was HIS fault for being rude to MY kid. A few CMs gathered to "listen" and in the end the schmuck apologized to my daughter (because he was NOT leaving until he did).

So, if you saw the raging momma and the little girl that was just attempting to stay with mom and get out of the rain yelling at the old fart that was pretty stupid.... then "we are definately that family!" And if you are "that schmuck" then I sure hope you learned something about common courtesy!

Good for you! If the guy couldn't give an inch for a little girl in a power chair, he deserved the wrath of momma bear!

Guilty....

Wow - thats pretty amazing that your little one was able to control a power chair at 1! Good for her! She must have been a sight to see at that little age/size! :goodvibes

I think it's worse when the weather is hot. I'm sure we'll have stories to tell in a few weeks. But we had two incidents last time. The first I have posted about before, but we were at the Star Wars training show. I had hoped my little guy would get picked and we waited in line for the show to start, right before it starts, this pushy woman elbowed her way to the front with her daughter. She put her in front of my son and was jumping and waving furiously and got picked. I was probably too hot to be too upset, but we watched the show next to this obnoxious woman. She screamed her daughters name and elbowed me so she could film the whole thing and kept pushing my boy out of the way so he couldn't see. At the end she realized the lens cap was on the whole time and asked them to repeat the show with her daughter in Jedi training so she could film. She was very huffy when they wouldn't. I was laughing on the inside.

The other was in line for a ride, we had just gone through the queue and were in an open area before we queued inside the building and these two teenage boys were kind of wrestling. I was completely inattentive, I normally am unshakable, but one of the boys kind of ended up headbutting me when the other threw him. I can't even explain it, it was not hard, but it hit me right in the stomach and knocked the wind out of me while it surprised the heck out of me. I ended up letting out this bloodcurdling, wounded scream, but it really wasn't that it hurt, it was just the wind being knocked out of me, and an echo. Everything stopped, those two boys froze and the parents that were already coming to break it up, my enormous ex-dh had rounded the corner, my small children were in shock and time stood still. The line stopped, everyone took a step back. The boy that hit me just looked panic-stricken. His parents were mortified. He could barely speak, but he apologized over and over and his mom came to talk to me. They apologized over and over. She explained they had really broken into a fight in line and she had told me what they were fighting about but I don't even remember. You could tell they just wanted to crawl under a rock, everybody kept staring and pointing like they were gang members. It really wasn't as bad as that scream sounded. I think they thought I was seriously hurt and being nice about it. I have visions that every time they discuss their vacation they bring up the time that poor boy nearly killed a woman in line. I could tell they were good boys, he nearly cried when he apologized, but I could see how the wrong action on either of our parts could have escalated the events. It really was not as bad as it looked or sounded, I felt so bad. I bet he got the beating of his life. So if the nice blond family that was there on Thanksgiving reads this, I was really okay.

ok, just playing "devil's advocate here. (and let it beknown that hubby has had 5 foot surgeries, and almost NEVER sits on a bus... ALWAYS gives up a seat for a child, a woman, an elderly person, whatever). I would NEVER advocate parents leaving their children alone on a bus. but they only need ONE PARENT WITH them. so many times, I have seen a family with strollers REFUSE to "split up" on a bus, when there is available standing space behind them. (not saying that was you). If mom and kids got a seat in the front or middle of the bus, dad and stroller can move on down. so more people can enter the bus. you DON'T need to all be together on the bus. BOTH parents know the bus stop to get off at. I only say this cause I have seen it happen numerous times. "we want our family to be together, so 10 more people COULD have fit in, but I'm stopping in the middle with the stroller cause that's where my family is sitting". ... you'll meet back up at the resort stop. OF COURSE! stand there if you are the only adult... stay with your kids. but if mom ORdad is with them...the other need to... move on down

I know what you are saying, but this was definately not the case here. My poor DH stood all the time while my mom held my infant son and I held my DD3. I even stood a few times holding onto my daughter tightly. It was just awful. But we learn from our experiences and we will be renting a minivan even though it will be costing us an extra $500 but soooo worth it.

And now it seems they are getting even slower with the buses coming only making it worse with the crowds.

And the funny thing is, it wasn't the people on the bus but the actual bus drivers. It was like they never heard of anyone bringing strollers with them.:confused3

Oh gosh I've never had this problem but guarantee I WILL have a fight or two this time...with my DH I'm sure! :rotfl: Seriously, my DH will speak up if he sees any of this behavior....God help me... and THEM! :scared1:

Not at WDW but at MCO going home. My DD (11) was pulling the carry on suitcase and walking a bit ahead of me (but with my DH). When we got to the gate she said, "Mom a woman walked out in front of the suitcase as I was pulling it. I tried to stop but it was too late and I ran over her foot" Well since I had countless people cut me off when I was pushing a stroller and would force me to come to an abrupt stop, I could understand. DH backed up her story. So a bit later she had to go to the bathroom. I walked her to it and waited while she went. When we went in there were two women at the mirror, doing their hair etc.. As they went to leave one stops and takes a paper towel and starts wiping her foot. I thought it was odd. Then she says to her friend "Look at my heel where that kid ran me over. I know I am going to have a black and blue mark there" I could see her heel clearly (she was about ten ft from me) and there was no mark at all. After she left I came to my senses and realized who she was! I am sure the whole paper towel thing was for my benefit. Haha on her since I was clueless. DD came out of the stall and I asked her if that was the woman. She thought for a second and then yep..it was her. I am sure she thought I would give DD heck for running her over but nope. If you are dumb enough to walk in front of someone who is pulling suitcase and cut them off then you deserve to get your foot run over. Keep in mind..she had cut off just the suitcase and not my daughter so how do you even do that? So not really a confrontation but somewhat funny (to us anyways)

I know what you are saying, but this was definately not the case here. My poor DH stood all the time while my mom held my infant son and I held my DD3. I even stood a few times holding onto my daughter tightly. It was just awful. But we learn from our experiences and we will be renting a minivan even though it will be costing us an extra $500 but soooo worth it.

And now it seems they are getting even slower with the buses coming only making it worse with the crowds.

And the funny thing is, it wasn't the people on the bus but the actual bus drivers. It was like they never heard of anyone bringing strollers with them.:confused3

OMG! I can't believe the people on the bus left a grandma standing with an infant, and a mom holding a 3 year old!!! what is WRONG with people? yeah, we're ALL tired and beat, but ... jeez. I'm a grandma, but not lucky enough (YET) to have the grandkids with me. but I SURE can stand easier than someone HOLDING a child! hubby NEBO gets SO upset when he sees young men sitting, when there are children standing, or ladies holding little kids!(or men, for that matter) you'll be back at the resort soon. let the kids or people holding the kids sit. sheesh. (as opposed to the people using up an extra seat or 2 for their "stuff", cause they dont' want to hold it on their lap)

now, what "irks" me. after wishes, illuminations, fantasmic, we ALL have a CHOICE to make. do we "hot tail it" to the bus stop.. or stop for a potty break? ...
i really don't like the people who send one or two people to "save" the spot in the bus line while the rest take a potty break. we ALL have to use the washroom. IF we rush to the bus stop and are there in time for the first or second bus (thus "delaying" our potty break), I don't like all of a sudden missing that bus cause cause suddenly there are 10 more people who went to the washroom, and someone was "saving" there spot in line (even though they were NEVER in line in the first place; I'm not talking, ok, you're in line at the bus stop, susie has to go... save the spot. that's fine).
once we were about to board a bus and all of a sudden there were 8 people approaching from the right, NOT in line. "they're WITH us! they had to go to the bathroom (they were NEVER in line) , do you want them to go on the floor?".....so we had to wait for the next bus. we CHOSE to forego the bathroom break to get in line.
If any in your party need to go, stop at the bathroom... THEN get in line. IF, DURING the line, a child needs to go, by all means, take him/her to the bathroom. you won't lose your spot.
and be thankful you will be on the same bus as nebo and smidgy, cause if we get a seat, chances are we'll give it up to you anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter