Has anyone done this before

*123JOANNA123*

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!
We have a one night reservation at the GF at the end of September at a pretty good rate ($234 incl tax). Last night we were discussing the possibility of staying on an extra night and wondered if we would be in with a chance of getting that rate on the day. We have two rooms reserved and the extra night would be a Friday night. We would also be willing to move hotels (maybe try out the AKL, or the YC). We wouldn't be deciding on the extra night until we get there.

I wondered if anyone had
a) had any success trying to extend their rate or did they need to make a totally new reservation

or

b) pick up a good 'managers special' on the day?

Any advice on how to proceed would also be appreciated.

During our stay this past spring at the BWI we were so depressed about coming home we asked about extending our stay. We had stayed on a code with a great rate!! When I asked at the front desk rooms were only available at rack rate. I am sure that time of year and hotel occupancy are huge factors in this. Good Luck!!

Originally posted by *123JOANNA123*
We have a one night reservation at the GF at the end of September at a pretty good rate ($234 incl tax). Last night we were discussing the possibility of staying on an extra night and wondered if we would be in with a chance of getting that rate on the day. We have two rooms reserved and the extra night would be a Friday night. We would also be willing to move hotels (maybe try out the AKL, or the YC). We wouldn't be deciding on the extra night until we get there.

I wondered if anyone had
a) had any success trying to extend their rate or did they need to make a totally new reservation

or

b) pick up a good 'managers special' on the day?

Any advice on how to proceed would also be appreciated.

I've extended my stay on a whim a few times, both at the Grand and at the BWI. Both times, I had good rates due to codes, and both times, they gave me the "good rate" for the extra day ... I guess it depends on the time of year, and who you're dealing with.

I've done this too, and although I've always gotten the extra day at the discounted rate, the CMs made it clear that I could only get it if there were "discount rooms" still available for that day (and, of course, if the discount was available at that time period). In fact, last December at ASSp we wanted to add a day, but were told that there were no discounted rooms available. I just kept calling and calling, and finally a week before we left one magically appeared. :D Call CRO and keep trying, you might get lucky!

I am not sure, but I would think that you could get the rate if any discount rooms were still available. I would not count on getting the rate if the rooms aren't available. I am saying this because of an experience we had last January. We normally stay in either a suite or deluxe type room where there are two rooms. My infant does not sleep well unless she is in her own room. Every little noise bothers her. After the first night, I called the front desk to ask for a second room so that we could have adjoining rooms. I was told that there were no more discount rooms available so the only way I could get a second room was to pay full price. We decided against it since we were only staying a couple of nights. I wish we had thought ahead of time and booked two rooms. We did speak to a manager who also confirmed that the rooms for the discount code were booked so we would have to pay full price. Maybe you can get lucky and a discount room would be available or you find a very understanding manager.

Thanks for the input. We decided to go for a night in the AKL with the special internet code (Savannah view for $180 incl tax).

My 3 yo is going to love it, as will my 1 yo who gets excited if she sees a cat or dog out the window of our house!

What's the distance like between the AKL and MGM studios? Is the bus transport good?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter