Has Anyone Done The Destination Magic Flight?

PigSoldier

to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand wav
Hi there!!

Just wondering if anyone's flown on this Air France flight before?

If anyone could share their experiences with me, that'd be great!

I was also wondering if you're given food on the plane, and if there's reserved seating?

Many thanks! :)

Hmm, I've never heard of this. I'm assuming it's a flight from London to Paris?
Does anyone know if it's only for UK or European residents?

It's an Air France flight from Heathrow to Charles de Gaulle, I think only offered to people who book through Disney. One flight a day is designated Destination Magic, where children get free gifts, and I think there are a few other special treats. :)

We've done this flight a few times from manchester. We have just been allocated seats when we got there - never thought to ask if you could prebook!

Plane - fine, nice staff, IMO more space than BA.

Food - well this is a bit hit and miss. Once it was fabulous, a full meal and desert, and once when there was turbulance we only got a packet of crisps or biscuits. In the morning you generally get hot drinks and croissants which really get you in a French mood! Bear in mind the flight time is only about an hour, so you tend to be stuffing the meal in before they take your tray back off to land.

Kids pack - very sore point with us, we have never received one yet, they have a limited amount to give out and if you are more than half way back along the plane you seem to miss out. Last time they gave the packs to the 2 kids in the seats in front of us and then said my kids couldn't have any as they had run out! I was very unimpressed. :mad:

Overall though I like them for a short trip. The only problem we had with them is that check in at Paris is appalling. We queued for 2 hours last time, panic increasing by the minute as it got to 10 mins before our flight time. They called our flight to the front of the queue (they were trying to board 10 flights through one set of desks) threw our bags on the belt, checked in and were then told we were on stand by! We tried arguing our case, but they were putting couples on and family groups were practically being ignored until it was too late. Then they said they were looking for 'volunteers' to step down as they had over booked. At this point it wasn't really a case of volunteering as the flight was leaving. The response was typical French shrugs and walking away.
However then the manager appeared and things started to improve. We were given phone cards, drinks vouchers and promised a seat on the next plane out (2 hours later) we were also told we would get 150 euros compensation. Not too bad we thought - although we were brassed off we had had to leave the park early - then out they came with 150 euros each! (we could also have chosen 1200 euros of flights if we wanted) So we ended up 600 euros better off for a 2 hour delay ...... not such a terrible thing after all then.....

Sorry if I've wittered on - but you did ask ;)

Thanks for the description- it was all really helpful!

I'm quite worried about checking in at Charles de Gaulle, everybody seems to have nothing but bad experiences :(

I flew CDG-MAN a few weeks back. BA flight (CitiExpress) was fine. CDG is without doubt the worse airport I have ever been to. I have experienced the hut type airports in some locations, but they are not 'major' airports serving a capital city! CDG is horrid.

Anyway, don't bother queing at checkin. Just head down the concourse to the self checkin terminals. Put your credt card in (assuming you booked your flight that way) and follow the onscreen questions. The whole checkin process took less than five minutes including dropping the bags at the appropriate desk.

Thanks for the advice! My flights were booked through Disney, do you know if this system will still work for me?

My last flight was booked through expedia. It was an e-ticket and the self-checkin went fine.

I think as long as you have the booking/ticket reference you should be able to use the machines?

I should reiterate that I was flying BA - not Air France. However, I would assume they offer a similar service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter