• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone done the 11 day Dover to Copenhagen?

EatdrinkDisney

Exploring Disney 1 meal at a time
We are looking at doing this next summer and I am wondering if this trip seams to long at 11 days or to short because of all you are doing? Any thoughts? It would be two adults and a 14 year old.

I've done the 11 day Norway/ Iceland in 2015. No it's not too long or too short. If your teen likes to stay in the teen club until 1am it's a little tough getting them up for all the port days. The 11 day Baltic is my dream cruise. Next year it's a little out of my budget so I booked the 11 night wbta instead.

thanks for the reply. I'm planning on booking while I'm on board Fantasy next week.

We did the cruise from Dover to Scotland, Iceland and Norway ending in Copenhagen in 2016. It was my husband and myself and our DS 12 & DD 6. Everyone had a great time. Make sure to spend some extra time in Cooenhagen after the cruise if you can. We fell in love with Copenhagen. :)

We did the cruise from Dover to Scotland, Iceland and Norway ending in Copenhagen in 2016. It was my husband and myself and our DS 12 & DD 6. Everyone had a great time. Make sure to spend some extra time in Cooenhagen after the cruise if you can. We fell in love with Copenhagen. :)

Thanks.

We did the 12 night Iceland-Norway cruise June 2016. It was AWESOME! I would recommend getting to England early. Consider touring Dover Castle if you can before the cruise. Also, plan a few days in Copenhagen after the cruise. We did so with Disney booked lodging. One of the day trips we took on our own from Copenhagen was to Roskilde to the Viking Ship Museum. Very easy train ride side trip. Also, while in Copenhagen look a purchasing the Copenhagen Card.

My family and I were also on that cruise last June...It was great!

We are looking at doing this next summer and I am wondering if this trip seams to long at 11 days or to short because of all you are doing? Any thoughts? It would be two adults and a 14 year old.
We really enjoyed the 12 night Iceland-Norway last June. I really enjoy the longer cruises. We had four sea days which are cool to have to relax and recharge if necessary. We had a good embark experience at Dover and a good dis-embark experience at Copenhagen.

no but I did it the other way around (Copenhagen-Dover) and it is NOT a boring trip. PLAN A STAY IN COPENHAGEN!!

We did the 2015 Norway Iceland with an 8 yo and twin 6 yos ... first tine crushing for all of them. 11 nights was not too long or too short (my previous experience was a 7 night DCL Alaska).

Highly recommend arriving in London /Dover a few nights early if you can ... we had planned to arrive in Copenhagen a full day /night before departure and plane issues left us scrambling to get to the port on time.

We did the 12 night Iceland-Norway cruise June 2016. It was AWESOME! I would recommend getting to England early. Consider touring Dover Castle if you can before the cruise. Also, plan a few days in Copenhagen after the cruise. We did so with Disney booked lodging. One of the day trips we took on our own from Copenhagen was to Roskilde to the Viking Ship Museum. Very easy train ride side trip. Also, while in Copenhagen look a purchasing the Copenhagen Card.
I second visiting Dover castle! We took the train from London to Dover in the morning. Once we got to our hotel we enjoyed a nice afternoon tea and then set out to walk up to the castle. We lucked out with a beautiful, sunny day and I was amazed by the castle. We spent a couple hours roaming around and then walked back into town for some incredible fish and chips. We spent the evening down at the beach just relaxing and skipping rocks. So fun!

I second visiting Dover castle! We took the train from London to Dover in the morning. Once we got to our hotel we enjoyed a nice afternoon tea and then set out to walk up to the castle. We lucked out with a beautiful, sunny day and I was amazed by the castle. We spent a couple hours roaming around and then walked back into town for some incredible fish and chips. We spent the evening down at the beach just relaxing and skipping rocks. So fun!
Looks like we were on same cruise last June. Simply amazing and fun!

So excited to be on the 10-nite Copenhagen => Dover cruise next summer. Small cities / fjords in Norway, Rekyavijk, and Inverness. I hope we can stay a few days in London afterwards - there's so much to see there.

My wife and I did the Copenhagen to Dover re-positioning cruise in 2015. I wish I could have taken more time off from work to spend a few extra days on both ends. It was just the two of us and we had a great time. This was my wife's first trip to Europe. I had only been ther before on work trips. We flew Icelandair so actually went through Reykjavik on both flights plus on the cruise.

We were also on the 12 night last June (Dover to Copenhagen via Iceland and Norway). Truly, the trip of a lifetime. We added 3 days in London at the start and 4 in Copenhagen at the end (on our own, none of that booked through Disney).

As others have said, on that one there were 4 at sea days which, given how active we were on port days, felt just right. Lots of entertainment, plenty to do, the downtime on at sea days was welcome. My biggest recommendation: read up on the ports both here and elsewhere, and figure out where you're comfortable doing things on your own. We booked a private guide in Newcastle, for instance, which allowed us to really do what we wanted (lots of archaeology and history) that wasn't offered as a port adventure. Similarly, we hired a private guide in Reykjavik (from a firm that specializes in naturalist expeditions) which made for one heck of a fun day. We also hired a private guide ASAP for Kirkwall- which allowed us to pack in so much, and he was really fantastic. So read up on your ports, decide what's important to you, see if there's a port adventure for that, and if not, figure out if it's reasonable to do on your own. For us, having more time in port doing what we wanted- as opposed to being stuck on a bus- made all the difference in how 'long' the trip felt.

So excited to be on the 10-nite Copenhagen => Dover cruise next summer. Small cities / fjords in Norway, Rekyavijk, and Inverness. I hope we can stay a few days in London afterwards - there's so much to see there.
If you plan to stay in London for any amount of time, I HIGHLY recommend you purchase the London Pass. It is a pass that will get you into many sites, some with skip the line privileges. Also, if you purchase the travel card you get unlimited subway and bus transportation. If done right it is well worth the money. We did this on two trips to London.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter