• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

OK, let's see if this works this time.

We have 2 sets of bands, since we have a split stay. Finally finished them last night and we leave in just a few days!

This is my oldest sons. He wanted a Lion King Simba cave drawing.

My husbands. He has a thin blue line band and Jack Skellington (he has a Nightmare Before Christmas tattoo sleeve.

Here's one of mine. I painted it a coral with swirls.

And my Sully.

The boys each wanted some sort of stripes.

One boy and the girl each did mini Mickey heads. I used a punch as a stencil for the hearts.

My daughter wanted a Mickey head pumpkin so I made this one for her as well.

OK, let's see if this works this time.

We have 2 sets of bands, since we have a split stay. Finally finished them last night and we leave in just a few days!

This is my oldest sons. He wanted a Lion King Simba cave drawing.

My husbands. He has a thin blue line band and Jack Skellington (he has a Nightmare Before Christmas tattoo sleeve.

Here's one of mine. I painted it a coral with swirls.

And my Sully.

The boys each wanted some sort of stripes.

One boy and the girl each did mini Mickey heads. I used a punch as a stencil for the hearts.

My daughter wanted a Mickey head pumpkin so I made this one for her as well.

These are great. I love the pumpkin one!!

About the base coat questions. I tried 2 brands, 1 made the band crack the other is perfect. The first I tried was Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat because it was all I could find and didn't think it would have much affect. Wrong, it made it crack when bent. I put 2 coats of the OPI base coat on (described below) and it seemed to have fixed my mistake. The second I tried was OPI Natural Nail Base Coat, it has a slight pink color to the liquid but it is perfect! I can bend the bands with no problems even after 4 coats of it (really wanted to make sure they were protected). The OPI was roughly $9 and I bought it at CVS. My trip is fast approaching so I can give a report on how they both fair after 12 days of abuse. :)
Thank you. I was just coming here for a recommendation. Did it color anything pink or does it dry clear? Our bands are painted, but need to be sealed.

Well crap! I forgot to apply base coat before painting ours with acrylics. I haven't sealed them yet. Will they be ok? Or do I need to start over? They seem to be sticking.

Also for acrylics what should I use for a sealer? I want something pretty heavy duty since I forgot the bottom coat of base coat. Should I use base coat? Spray acyrlic? Americana dura color? Something else? Help!

I'm starting to be filled with doubt about my creative ability to paint the bands in any way that anyone would want to wear them in public. Thinking of going with Justin (from Etsy).

He has said I can have the bands shipped directly to him and he will hand deliver them to our hotel.

His prices seem reasonable. He seems trustworthy.

And yet....

My concern is that the bands not be used. So...what are the steps I need to protect us?

Has anyone else had Justin paint their bands? (I thought there were a few of you...). How have you handled it?

Thanks!

I'm shipping my bands to Justin tomorrow. after checking out his site, and his feedback, I feel pretty safe using him. He always responded within 30mins of any message I sent him, followed up with me on the day my bands were supposed to be shipped just to check and see if they were on their way. He is going to deliver our bands to our hotel on arrival day as well. I will keep you updated. I plan to post pictures of them here once I receive them. We are doing a split stay, with a 1 night room-only at the beginning of our trip, so I will have an extra set of bands as back-up incase anything goes wrong.

Well crap! I forgot to apply base coat before painting ours with acrylics. I haven't sealed them yet. Will they be ok? Or do I need to start over? They seem to be sticking.

Also for acrylics what should I use for a sealer? I want something pretty heavy duty since I forgot the bottom coat of base coat. Should I use base coat? Spray acyrlic? Americana dura color? Something else? Help!

We didn't use a base coat on any of ours and they seem to be working pretty well. I love the American Duracoat that I found out about from another person on this thread. If you look back a page on the Magician Mickey one I did, that band used to be a pink band. I didn't use a base coat, but applied a white premium acrylic from Michaels as a base and then used the same brand yellow and red. Hope this helps.

We didn't use a base coat on any of ours and they seem to be working pretty well. I love the American Duracoat that I found out about from another person on this thread. If you look back a page on the Magician Mickey one I did, that band used to be a pink band. I didn't use a base coat, but applied a white premium acrylic from Michaels as a base and then used the same brand yellow and red. Hope this helps.

Oh this makes me feel a lot better thank you! The idea of wiping them off was stressing me out!

I had been following this thread and getting really inspired to make our magic bands special, so when they arrived I had my glittery metallic nail polish all set and went to work first on mine (the pink one) ... and by the time I got it painted in the first coat I realized I needed a "professional"! I took the bands to my manicurist and told her to have at them with her creativity! All I told her is that my DH would want his to look "masculine" and that I wanted some rhinestones. This is the result! I'll post a better photo when I get them - this is the photo she texted me to tell me they are ready. I'm happy!

Help! Does anyone know if rhinestones on the mickey head (they do stick up a bit - although they are tiny) will affect the working of the MB? Does the Mickey Head have to touch flush with the sensor in order to work???

I was following this thread for a bit just after it started but then stopped when I realized that i would NOT want to tackle something at 2:00 a.m. when we finally get to Disney since our bands have no passports and can't travel to Canada :rotfl2: NEVER fear i came up with an idea that i hope actually works! I downloaded a ton of images and printed them onto iron-on transfers. Next bought a couple of t-shirts and chopped them up into pieces and sewed them into little "socks" Next i ironed the nifty designs on and POOF TONS of magic band SOCKS!! Just gotta hope they actually FIT :thumbsup2 Here's a few of them

WOOW mega-big pictures, sorry gang :rotfl2: I folded them up so i could squish more into each picture .. and like I said there are TONS MORE

I had been following this thread and getting really inspired to make our magic bands special, so when they arrived I had my glittery metallic nail polish all set and went to work first on mine (the pink one) ... and by the time I got it painted in the first coat I realized I needed a "professional"! I took the bands to my manicurist and told her to have at them with her creativity! All I told her is that my DH would want his to look "masculine" and that I wanted some rhinestones. This is the result! I'll post a better photo when I get them - this is the photo she texted me to tell me they are ready. I'm happy! http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Jody_Ben-David_Baron/media/magicbands_zpsd9323f4d.jpg.html

This is a great idea actually!

Next i ironed the nifty designs on and POOF TONS of magic band SOCKS!!

Awesome, I've been waiting for more people to do this, I love the idea of changing it up throughout the day because you can carry a handful in your bag or pocket with no problem and change them out as the mood fits. Good job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter