Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Wish I would have seen this earlier. This answers alot of my questions but I have a few more before I tackle this project. When you mention acrylics you mean the paint that is for crafts correct? I have bought the metalic acrylic paint in gold and silver and light pearl blue. Each bottle was only $1.77 in Walmart. I also see the same colors in a nail polish but it would cost me around $18. I don't mind spending it if the polish will work better but if they are about the same then it is a no brainer to use the cheeper paint verson. Any one done both and have a prefrence? Also if you do go with the acrylic paint do you still need a base coat clear nail polish before and after the paint? These are my last questions and then I am ready to create:artist:

I used nail polish for my first band and liked it. Right now I am trying acrylics on my second band, so no verdict on which wears better. As for application....the jury is still out.

I do like being able to mix and blend colors with the acrylics, and get subtle effects that I couldn't quite manage with nail polish, so there is a certain freedom there.

I did notice that most of the craft paint does not say that it is appropriate for plastic. I purposely looked for the brands that did say that they worked for plastic in an effort to avoid peeling.

Update: I was trying to get the band to lay flat to photograph and part of it cracked and started to peel. I am attempting to fix it, using sealer under and over the tear, and I will repaint to fix it. I will be really sad if it doesn't work, because I don't think that I could recreate it with nail polish and I love it.

Since I'm going to Disney World next week (EEP!) and have been drooling over the custom bands on this forum -seriously, you guys are TALENTED! I knew that I wanted to do something. Since I'm a huge fan of Mary Blair, I realized I wanted to do a band based on Its A Small World.

These are great. Love the colors.

I love it! I wanted to do something with IASW, but couldn't find anything that would work on the band and I can't draw/paint worth a darn.

Aww thanks! I promise, you can do something like this SUPER easily... Just use masking tape to section off parts!

I love the Lion King. Going to Disney in less than three weeks! There are four pictures. Pride Rock, Mufasa (or is it Simba?) from the musical, Simba's painting on the family tree, and the famous sunrise in the opening scene. Hope you guys like it. BTW I didn't paint the mickey head in fear of it not working.

1ed4b2d494b740acd7562e6c6ec59d97.jpg

8c40fdbd87f0d23bd90894d7f940c2c5.jpg
I LOVE this!

Just finished up my second magic band, this one for my husband and his love of the Adventurers club! :D

Gorgeous!

What did you use to do all of the small detail work? I am working on a band right now that I am having a tough time finishing because of some tiny details.

Here are my recent bands redecorated.

Had some fun with nail decals. Looks ok but not one of my favorites.
image_zps2a010fd1.jpg

image_zps87a5edac.jpg

Zebra band for Animal Kingdom Park.
Done with white nail polish and black permanet marker.
Colored the band black only to were it is seen while closed.
image_zpsc596f3d6.jpg

image_zpsa689ec73.jpg

I was playing with an old band and I found that scotch tape works really well for creating lines and such. I put a piece over the Mickey head and, using an exacto knife, I cut out the Mickey head (removing the tape). It created a good cut out for painting just the head and when I removed it, it didn't take off any of the already painted polish.

Here's my Elsa magic band. I think I overdid it with the glitter but I still love it! It held up very well on the trip. It started cracking but no nail polish fell off.
352c30c91d2313976ed924377cb5e879.jpg

b3d70e559121ad0829d5604624e75f92.jpg

:goodvibes

Love everyone's magic bands! I have to say the 99 cent Party City temporary tattoos are really long lasting! I used the leftover ones (that I didn't use on my magic band) on my arm.

I put them over sunscreen on my arm and they stayed on for days! Through all the sweat, heat, and even showers and soap.

Here's my Elsa magic band. I think I overdid it with the glitter but I still love it! It held up very well on the trip. It started cracking but no nail polish fell off.
352c30c91d2313976ed924377cb5e879.jpg

b3d70e559121ad0829d5604624e75f92.jpg

:goodvibes

Glad to see what the metalic silver outline looks with the blue since this is my plan for my next MB. I just got done with a metalic green blue over a green band and used metalic gold for the outline. I am hoping to post it soon. I just love how the that melalic looks as the border. I also like the glitter,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter