Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Has anyone ever laser engraved their magic bands? My friend has a home business and she just got into laser engraving Apple Watch bands. She is not sure if she could do the magic bands because a description I found of the bands says there are electronics inside. Is that just the puck part or are there any electronics in the band part too?

That's really cute!

The electronics are just in the puck. You can change the puck between bands if you have multiples.

Has anyone ever laser engraved their magic bands? My friend has a home business and she just got into laser engraving Apple Watch bands. She is not sure if she could do the magic bands because a description I found of the bands says there are electronics inside. Is that just the puck part or are there any electronics in the band part too?
That looks amazing! And yes, the electronics are only in the puck, so you’ll be fine. Please do post the results!

Just finished my nephew's second request for this year's trip, Pirate Mickey. July can not get here quick enough. The longer the kids are on lockdown, the greater number of Magic Bands that will be purchased out of boredom and sent to me to paint. pirate:

View attachment 491467
You are so talented. These MBs are fantastic. The Baby Yoda one is so adorable. Our daughter paints ours - and this was the first summer she didn't get to paint any since we had to cancel our trip. So so so sad. Keep posting!

You are so talented. These MBs are fantastic. The Baby Yoda one is so adorable. Our daughter paints ours - and this was the first summer she didn't get to paint any since we had to cancel our trip. So so so sad. Keep posting!
Thank you! I do have two more to paint, but kind of lost the desire when our summer trip(s) were cancelled. I will paint them this winter for sure. We won't be receiving anymore free ones as our next trip will not occur until summer 2021. Not sure if APs will still get a free band with each renewal at this point. Disney has not specified as far as I've seen. I don't think we will know until our APs are activated next July. My MB painting days maybe coming to an end. We're not going to be buying a lot of bands as we all have a rather healthy collection right now. :flower:

Thank you! I do have two more to paint, but kind of lost the desire when our summer trip(s) were cancelled. I will paint them this winter for sure. We won't be receiving anymore free ones as our next trip will not occur until summer 2021. Not sure if APs will still get a free band with each renewal at this point. Disney has not specified as far as I've seen. I don't think we will know until our APs are activated next July. My MB painting days maybe coming to an end. We're not going to be buying a lot of bands as we all have a rather healthy collection right now. :flower:
When we found out that they are trying to do away with Magicbands our daughter was so upset - she loved painting them - actually we all did. We too have so many but we love painting new ones. Such problems. :flower1:

Why are they trying to do away with them? And what is supposed to replace them?
They aren't doing away with them, they make a lot of money selling the specialty bands. Disney is claiming they are improving their smartphone app which will now work as a Magicband, hence not "needing" to give us free ones. You can decide for yourself why or who at Disney decided this was a good way to cut costs.

Hello Disboards! I'm brand spanking new, found these forums since I was looking for ways to customize my magic bands for my first ever trip to WDW - and Pinterest led me here! I'm super impressed by the amount of people who are taking it into their own hands to paint their bands, but as I can't go browsing 255 pages of comments (haha) what would you recommend for someone who plans on using nail polish to paint with? I saw someone mention not to use quick dry top or base coats because it is too brittle, but are there any other pointers? Thanks!

Hello Disboards! I'm brand spanking new, found these forums since I was looking for ways to customize my magic bands for my first ever trip to WDW - and Pinterest led me here! I'm super impressed by the amount of people who are taking it into their own hands to paint their bands, but as I can't go browsing 255 pages of comments (haha) what would you recommend for someone who plans on using nail polish to paint with? I saw someone mention not to use quick dry top or base coats because it is too brittle, but are there any other pointers? Thanks!
Welcome!! I think the most important tip for using nail polish is paint in the round (wrap the band around a plastic bottle or something) and don't try to straighten the band too much afterword. Keep it closed as much as you can to avoid stress cracking.

IMG_2245.JPG

We've been back for weeks and I remembered I never posted pics here. Since this trip was the first time DH and I would see Black Spire Outpost and experience the new Star Wars Rides I thought it appropriate to put our favorite line, characters, and vehicles on our bands. Dh personally requested what was going on his, so it was tough as I'm no artist, but I think I got the gist of what I wanted to show.
IMG_4838.JPG
IMG_4839.JPG
IMG_4840.JPG

We've been back for weeks and I remembered I never posted pics here. Since this trip was the first time DH and I would see Black Spire Outpost and experience the new Star Wars Rides I thought it appropriate to put our favorite line, characters, and vehicles on our bands. Dh personally requested what was going on his, so it was tough as I'm no artist, but I think I got the gist of what I wanted to show.
View attachment 531508
View attachment 531509
View attachment 531510
How can you say you’re no artist?? These are great!! So fun!

Been a bit and now I'm back - with my new custom MB! I decided to forgo the band all together, and I'm going the keychain style route, but with an added twist by making it a pocket watch! I just finished it tonight (surprising I went so quickly since it just arrived today lol) and used a watch I've had forever I found at a dollar store, hollowed it out, and mounted the puck inside after painting it with a few holo nail polishes, and then installed a ring into the lid of the watch, where it used to just be clear, also painted with iridescent nail polish.

....I went a little too extra, considering this is my first ever MB and I've never even been to WDW lol

:earboy2:

Been a bit and now I'm back - with my new custom MB! I decided to forgo the band all together, and I'm going the keychain style route, but with an added twist by making it a pocket watch! I just finished it tonight (surprising I went so quickly since it just arrived today lol) and used a watch I've had forever I found at a dollar store, hollowed it out, and mounted the puck inside after painting it with a few holo nail polishes, and then installed a ring into the lid of the watch, where it used to just be clear, also painted with iridescent nail polish.

....I went a little too extra, considering this is my first ever MB and I've never even been to WDW lol

:earboy2:

Wow, that’s awesome!!! Make sure to take a cute pic with it by the teacups!

Since Disney has now eliminated complimentary Magic Bands in lieu of using the MDE, I thought I would post all of the bands I've painted throughout the last few months of winter boredom as my small protest against their actions. I won't be giving up my Magic Bands anytime soon.

First up is my second Ink & Paint version created from my Nephew's wife.

Ink & Paint 2.jpg

Next up goes back to the Pirate Mickey Treasure Map band that I painted for my nephew last year. I liked the map so much that I painted one for myself with no characters. I struggled with what I would add to the map and decided that I didn't need anything.

Pirate Map.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter