Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Love this. Can you please tell me where did you get the castle and fireworks? Did you draw it yourself or is it a decal or tattoo?

I ordered a yellow band, applied two base coats ( clear) used my silhouette to cut out the fireworks and laid those down, painted over with two or three coats of black then two coats of clear; my PLAN was to use a temporary tattoo....that failed and failed MISERABLY, so the castle is just adhesive vinyl that I cut out with silhouette put on and then coated in three more coats of clear.

@mizarmour I think you'll be able to post pictures after you've posted 15 times on the board. :) After 10 you may post an avatar, so it should go pretty quickly. Just go hop into some conversations and that post count will go up fast! Can't wait to see how you customized your Magic Bands! :D
Thanks for the tip. I will get to working on it!

IMG_2590_zpswtavhpu7.jpg

Just finished working on mine for the 24hr trip! (the fireworks have sparkle over but doesn't show up well in photo)
That's really nice! What did you use to make that?

Just finished the last one and can tell you that the Sharpie smeared whill applying acrylic coat on top ! Had hoped that the week dry sharpie would be fine but nope. Had to touch it up with nail polish. The one I just finished was all nail polish ( base first then white and shimmer polishes). LOTS OF TRIAL AND ERROR but thanks to all of you on this thread I was able to achieve what I wanted !!!! Will post pics when I get a chance ( still newbie here ! )

We finished our bands yesterday. My daughter's band(the red and black on top) was a redo. She attempted to freehand a Rapunzel lantern painting and it didn't go as planned. In the end, it looked like a 4 year old had bedazzled it(there was too much glitter polish and stick on beads involved!) Since it was done completely with nail polish the first time, we took off the whole thing with nail polish remover. I was shocked it all came off. But when we redid it, it was done with a fine tip sharpie. My son's(bottom right, Minecraft) was also done with Sharpie and my mom who painted it tried to spray with acrylic sealer and it ran badly. So, acrylic sealer not good.

Not sure how they'll hold up. Interested to see.
They all came out great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter