Has anyone bought Disney gift cards from Safeway

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
with a Safeway gift card? Is that allowed?

Specifically, I wondered if I could cash in mypoints for a Safeway gc and then buy Disney gc's with it, but I know that some stores won't allow this (I know that Lowe's does not). I'm trying to get the most for my points for our Disneyland trip.

Thanks!

I realize this discussion is a few months old but I've done several advanced searches of the DISboards looking for the same answer and had a follow-up question - DizMe did you successfully use your Safeway GC from MyPoints to buy a Disney GC? I noticed, like you, that it's less points for the Safeway card than it is for the Target card.

I realize this discussion is a few months old but I've done several advanced searches of the DISboards looking for the same answer and had a follow-up question - DizMe did you successfully use your Safeway GC from MyPoints to buy a Disney GC? I noticed, like you, that it's less points for the Safeway card than it is for the Target card.

I have to admit that I haven't actually done it yet, but I did talk to the manager at Safeway here and he said "absolutely!" when asked if this could be done.

I have to admit that I haven't actually done it yet, but I did talk to the manager at Safeway here and he said "absolutely!" when asked if this could be done.

Ok great. I think I will try this route vs getting a Target GC from MyPoints. Worse case scenario I can just use it for groceries and that money I would have spent on groceries, I'll use for a Disney GC. I do 99% of my grocery shopping at a military commissary so I rarely go into the Safeway in my town. After all my searching online and here on the DIS, it looks like you can use Safeway GC to buy Disney GC. I found a ton of "I used mine to buy an iTunes care or a Best Buy card or Applebees." But couldn't find anyone to outright say they used a Safeway GC to buy a Disney one. Lots and lots of people talking about that in regards to Target cards, so I know I'm safe there. I also looked at the Terms and Conditions for a Safeway GC and it looks like it is possible, it just wasn't specific enough for my liking. But if I can get a card for less points and still get a Disney GC in the end, that's the way to go for me.

Ok great. I think I will try this route vs getting a Target GC from MyPoints. Worse case scenario I can just use it for groceries and that money I would have spent on groceries, I'll use for a Disney GC. I do 99% of my grocery shopping at a military commissary so I rarely go into the Safeway in my town. After all my searching online and here on the DIS, it looks like you can use Safeway GC to buy Disney GC. I found a ton of "I used mine to buy an iTunes care or a Best Buy card or Applebees." But couldn't find anyone to outright say they used a Safeway GC to buy a Disney one. Lots and lots of people talking about that in regards to Target cards, so I know I'm safe there. I also looked at the Terms and Conditions for a Safeway GC and it looks like it is possible, it just wasn't specific enough for my liking. But if I can get a card for less points and still get a Disney GC in the end, that's the way to go for me.

That's exactly what I was thinking, too. Whichever one of us tries it first, let's report back here on how it worked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter