Has anybody???

B3LM

Disney Fan
I'm trying to figure out ways to save some money, but we're flying, so taking a lot of food/drinks with us isn't an option. It's me, my DH, and our 3 kids (8, 5, and 2). We'll be arriving in Orlando around 1:00am and using Tiffany Towncar. I know they will give us a grocery stop, so I'm keeping that in mind as an option. Unfortunately, I think Goodings is the only place that will be open at that time of night, and I've read that they're not very reasonable. Also, with our late arrival, we'd prefer to not stop for groceries if we can somehow avoid it.
I'd like to purchase bottles of water, juice, and soda, as well as a few snacks to try to save some money.

Has anyone ordered groceries on-line and had them delivered to your resort upon your arrival? Is something like that available in Orlando?

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!!!

I believe that you can do that with www.netgrocer.com I've never done it though. Can anybody verify that????

P.S. Even if you are flying you can still take some goodies with you. I don't know what airline your flying with but I know on United your allowed 2 bags per person. That makes 10 bags for your family!! One bag can be for your clothes and another bag can be for goodies. If you do that for every person, you'll have 5 bags worth of goodies!!! And just think of all the extra space you'll have for souviners!!! ;) :smooth: :D :)

Publix (which is a local store in Orlando) has a website. They were in the process of starting a program to order groceries on line and delivery service. I'm not sure when this program is going to be fully functional but, their website is www.publix.com and I believe the program was called publixdirect. You will find this hyperlink towards the bottom of their website. Hope this helps

You can definitely fill one duffel bag or suitcase with boxed items such as poptarts, granola bars, small boxes of cereal, peanut butter crackers, etc. We have even carried bottle water and soda with us! My husband thought I was crazy at first but now it doesn't phase him. When the suitcase is empty we have an extra bag for souveniers (or dirty laundry) for the way home.
;)

Thanks so much for the replies!
I am planning on taking some snacks with us, but wouldn't bottled water and soda make a suitcase incredibly heavy? (Also, how does soda do in the baggage compartment of the airplane?)

I would love it if we could actually take 10 bags with us. But, with only 2 adults and 3 young children, I don't know how we would handle all of the luggage. I did purchase 2 duffle bags on wheels and am planning on having each my older kids pull one of those.

Can you tell that I don't travel very much?

I have been using the Brita water bottle for a year at home and it has been great. I would make your load alot lighter if you bring the filter instead of all the water bottles. I do know that there are some people who have shipped a box of groceries to the resort and called the resort prior to delivery and checkin to make sure that the front desk hold the things for you until checkin.

Isn't there a Wal Mart in the area? I'm not sure maybe someone can confirm that. Most Wal Marts are open 24hrs a day. Most Wal Marts sell pop and snacks and everything. Maybe you can check that out.

I plan on shipping snacks, soda and especially bottled water..lots of it hopefully...via UPS....I've heard that others have had great success with this strategy.

I have no desire to carry these items with me on the plane.

Good Luck and have fun!!!!

about carrying your luggage in the airport..we have 4 kids, so what we do is check our luggage curbside when we get to the airport...you just pull up, show the skycaps your tickets and they check your luggage right there. (You usually give them a tip). you just need to haul whatever you're going to put on the plane (carry on) with you...and if you have a stroller, you can even throw some of that in the stroller. Strollers can be checked at the gate, so you can use it until you actually board the plane and they give it back to you right when you get off the plane. I'd recommend backpacks in the airport...they're easier to keep track of when you also have kids to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter