Has anybody ever flown in to Jacksonville for cruise?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
Airfare is much better if we fly from Detroit to Jacksonville rather than to Orlando for our April cruise. Does anyone know how long it would take to get to the port from the Jacksonville airport? Is 2-3 hours an accurate guess? To anyone familiar with the area, is this a good or bad idea, keeping in mind that we would save about $500 by going this route?

We have had to fly to tampa before for the disney cruise. We couldnt get the price or the days from Orlando, so flew into tampa. My niece lives near jacksonville beach, it takes her about 2.5 hours to get to disney, so with driving straight down 95 I think its about the same time. Go on mapquest and get the mileage/time. If your not doing disney, etc. after/before I would definitely fly to JAX.

We flew in/out of Jacksonville last Oct. We saved big $$$ doing it this way. When we rented our van, we used the same codes you can find on Mousesavers (they work there as well as Orlando). The rental price was identical to what it was out of Orlando! We flew in the day before, drove to port (2.75 hrs or so) and flew out on Sat. at 4pm. We had LOTS of time, even spent an hour or so at Ron Jon's after the cruise before heading to Jax. This Nov. we are actually flying into West Palm Beach as my DH's Dad lives there (it's about 2.5 hrs also).

I priced it out again and we will actually save over $800 by doing this! Guess it's a no-brainer!:D

We will be driving to JAX from home the day before, then leaving that morning to go to the ship. DH said that it took them 2 hours to get from Orange Park (right below JAX) to KSC. 2.5 should be about right from the airport. That is alot of money!!! It would definantly be worth the extra hour's drive IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter