• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has any one recently eaten at Restaurant Marrakesh Epcot?

abwdreaming

Mouseketeer
I made dinner reservations at Restaurant Marrakesh in Epcot for our arrival day December 2018. My DH was looking online and thought the Moroccan pavilion was beautiful and thinks the food at Marrakesh will be delicious. There are 4 of us Me, DH, DD, and Granddaughter (10). Please let me know if you have recently eaten there and what you thought of the food and experience. I can't seem to find many current reviews of Marrakesh.

I'm a fan of Marrakesh. Back when our boys were younger, some 10 years ago we went each time we visited Epcot. I enjoyed it and so did they, more then I thought. My wife and I went on our on this past January, and went back and enjoyed it just as much. We beat the dinner rush, so it was pretty quiet but still had the music and belly dancer. They dance invites the kids to come out and join in. My wife is not a big fan of spicy things so Marrakesh gives us a nice blend of great flavors but not being to spicy for her to enjoy.

As I mentioned my boys enjoyed it, but they my oldest told me that it was at Marrakesh that he started to want to try more international foods. Both boys commented they'd like to go back to WDW but specifically Marrakesh, so I think it really did make an impact.

I'd say that Marrakesh is on our must do list when we go to Epcot.

I enjoyed it last January when I went for lunch. There was a "sampler" type plate and everything was very good.

Live music and the belly dancer were fun! A toddler was so taken with the dancer that she got up and danced with the professional...that young woman was so sweet to the little girl and everyone in the restaurant got a kick out of it. :)

The food is very good, service was also excellent last time we went. We were right next to the dance floor, we had a great view of the entertainment.
If you have any questions about the food or menu, ask your server, they should be able to guide you to something you would like if you are having any trouble deciding. Overall a very nice dining experience.

Ate there Sunday afternoon. Our service was fantastic, probably because we were eating at an off time and there were maybe four other parties in the restaurant. The food wasn't spicy, but it was flavorful. I got the chicken kebabs with couscous, which were exactly what I expected out of them. My mom got the lamb medallions and that was by far the better dish. They melted in my mouth!
We did not get to see any dancers, but there was a musician who was very skilled and made for an enjoyable meal.
I will say that we ate here after eating at Sanaa and Be Our Guest (dinner) the previous two days, and we did not enjoy the food at Marrakesh as much as the other restaurants. Our verdict was that we would choose to eat there again, but probably not on the next trip or two.

I made dinner reservations at Restaurant Marrakesh in Epcot for our arrival day December 2018. My DH was looking online and thought the Moroccan pavilion was beautiful and thinks the food at Marrakesh will be delicious. There are 4 of us Me, DH, DD, and Granddaughter (10). Please let me know if you have recently eaten there and what you thought of the food and experience. I can't seem to find many current reviews of Marrakesh.
We went this summer and it was beautiful. Food was fine to good. Definitely a lovely spot and worth going.

We ate there in April and really enjoyed it. Beautiful inside, great food and service. Not rushed at all. Great entertainment.

Thank you for your comments. The airline changed our arrival flight. So disappointing. Canceled our reservation and now just hope we have time to reach Epcot by 8pm.

Thank you for your comments. The airline changed our arrival flight. So disappointing. Canceled our reservation and now just hope we have time to reach Epcot by 8pm.

If you are able to make it in time for dinner, Marrakesh often has ADRs available last minute. We are now on-the-fly type diners, and Marrakesh often pops up in my search when we are looking for a place to eat in the moment.

We went to Marrakesh last week for the first time. It was great! If anyone goes, the mussels in the saffron cream sauce is worth getting just to drink the sauce. ;-)

We always love it. I wish it were spicier but food is good as is service
Have you ever requested a side of Harissa, my Mother always served a spicy component with the cous-cous that could be added individually. And they have it upon request.

OP, sorry about the travel changes, maybe you can make it to Tangeriene Cafe instead.

Last edited:
I am a super picky eater and this is one of my absolute favorite places to eat. Make sure to get the mint tea.

The service is marvelous and the cuisine, while diluted for American palettes, is terrific; besides, bastilla and couscous are not as exotic as they were in 1988. And the portions are massive. If you lunch at Marrakesh, forget about dinner.

Thank you for all the additional suggestions! We plan to stop at Tangeriene Cafe to eat. I do want to still check on Marrakesh if possible as a late
walk in.

My last trip DH and I shared the lamb shank. Some picky eaters may not like lamb but that's one I love. The first time I went I think I got the beef tendloin or the chicken kebabs, very safe for a picky eater. The seasonings are very good, my first concern years and years ago was the word "spice" made me think hot spice as in spicy but it's not so. Really what it is is just very well spiced food using flavors that are traditional in the region that Americans may not be used to eating. I also enjoy shell fish so the mussels are always a hit with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter