Has Akershus declined?

DashforCash

Earning My Ears
In 2012 and 2015, Akershus was one of our favorites. The buffet was huge and excellent quality. I am reading that the food has declined significantly and I am wondering if we should choose something else. If yes, any suggestions? We have free dining.

I thought it was fine, but it did not blow my mind when we visited in March. The Salmon was good, as was the smoked fish in the buffet, but the other parts of my entree were nothing that impressed me. It was my first time there, so I cannot say whether or not it has gotten worse in the past few years.

We have gone for breakfast for many years, and it has definitely declined. We felt very rushed the last time we were there in June. Princess interaction more brief. Food quality has declined, and a very serious error was made in which my son,who has gluten and dairy food allergies, was given a regular bagel. When I questioned it, the waitress said it was fine. I demanded it be checked with the chef again, and sure enough it was not safe for him. Chef never came out to apologize. I brought the issue to the attention of the manager. I had to wait almost 10 mins after our meal to speak with her. She was barely apologetic. It used to be a real family favorite, but we don’t have it on our list for our next trip.

In 2012 and 2015, Akershus was one of our favorites. The buffet was huge and excellent quality. I am reading that the food has declined significantly and I am wondering if we should choose something else. If yes, any suggestions? We have free dining.
We went last year and I thought it was amazing. Food and experience was great!

This is one of our 'do almost every trip' places (breakfast) - nothing 'special' about it, but it is a nostalgic place for us. I haven't noticed a decline in our experience or in the food. We're planning to go back in January.

Ate there before it was a Character buffet and the food was amazing, would love to go back - but not at the prices they charge because the Characters are there. It was really adult and not kid friendly food, so I imagine they dumbed it down to appeal to kids. Sad that the addition of Characters means food quality declines. We felt this to be the case at Chef Mickey - went once and food was so ordinary for the extra ordinary price, was our last time. Only Character meal we take our grandchildren to now is Tusker House. Everyone enjoys the food there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter