Harry Potter Photos

jnjusoioa

I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantas
I was curious about a few things, where are some awesome Harry Potter photo ops in the parks? Or your favorite? Also how does the shutter button shoot work? I am not getting the HP package but guessing you are still able to go in and do the photo shoot? Just not sure how it works, also I have been seeing a lot of photo ops in the parks that are cool, kind of like things you add to the background, how do I go about getting those and setting that up? Thank you.

OK, so I am guessing you haven't been to the parks before? Or at least that's how I am taking it :D

Of course, the castle (in Islands or IoA) best spot is on the bridge between Hogsmeade and Jurassic Park. In line for Hippogryph, you can get a shot with Hagrid's Hut behind you (you can carry all items on that ride) Probably a lot in the line for the castle ride (Forbidden Journey), but this is a locker ride for larger items, so you'd have to be able to fit your camera or phone into a pocket or hip bag.

Diagon Alley (Studios) there are SO MANY, everywhere you turn is crammed with signs, advertisements, little Easter eggs, etc. Hagrid's Motorbike is a fun one, the prop is in Diagon, and there are many windows and displays. I've been more times than I can count, and I am still finding little extra things.

In London (just outside of Diagon in Studios) there is the Knight Bus (if you go to the back, you can climb on the steps and have a picture there, the phone booth for dialling the Ministry and Kreature is there in Sirius' house.

In the NY area of Studios, straight back from the entrance, all the way to the end, is a green subway "exit," it looks just like the one in Fantastic Beasts, when Kowalski steps into the rain :)

There is also a green screen photo op in the Gringotts queue and an on-site photo for Forbidden Journey.

Thank you for all these answers, this is great!!! This is what I was looking for, I have been there before but was just so overwhelmed by all of it, that when I came home I realized I had missed so much so this time I am taking notes to make sure I get photos.

Also I am confused, exactly what are the green screens and how do they work?? Thank you.

A green screen is something used in movies. You take a picture in front of it (looks like a green backdrop or green colored projector screen.) The you can digitally add background scenes, characters, etc; later. The program basically replaces everything green with whatever you pick (like cut and paste.) Just be sure you aren't wearing a green shirt :)
This was taken in front of a green screen:

Attachments

• green screen.jpg
    green screen.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 18
Thank you, this is great to hear, so you can put whatever you would like behind you? Does Universal have a lot of these areas, or is it something I will download when I return home and can put whatever I would like behind my green screen photos? Thank you.

In the NY area of Studios, straight back from the entrance, all the way to the end, is a green subway "exit," it looks just like the one in Fantastic Beasts, when Kowalski steps into the rain

OMG, I missed that. I thought I took pictures of everything.

Thank you, this is great to hear, so you can put whatever you would like behind you? Does Universal have a lot of these areas, or is it something I will download when I return home and can put whatever I would like behind my green screen photos? Thank you.
I haven't tried adding things in. I have heard that sometimes a photographer will have you pose a certain way, then explain if you go in the photopass shop (where you can buy a pass, activate yours, check on your pics, etc) they can add in a character or detail.

In Studios, right next to Schwabb's pharmacy (Hollywood section) is a photo shop. They scan your photo pass, then you pose in front of the green screen. They have a moniter set up, so you can see and pose with the backdrop they are adding in. It doesn't take long, and you go through about 5 different backdrop add-ins back-to-back. Think large fancy photo booth :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter