Harmony Barber Shop reservations - post June 28 release

mpb2000

Mouseketeer
Had anyone been able to get a reservation at Harmony Barber Shop since the reservations opened June 28? I needed one more than 60 days from June 28, so I couldn’t try June 28. Every day at midnight, the next date becomes selectable on the calendar but no times are available, which isn’t a surprise because times are supposed to become available at 6:00 am. But, I have tried multiple days right at 6:00 (like, to the second) on the website and MDE and it always says there is nothing available. It just doesn’t seem possible that they are filling up instantaneously every day at 6:00:00 am. Are they actually coming open at a different time? Are the times not actually coming open at all? Is there any way to check with Disney that reservations are actually full in a given day? Given Disney’s IT issues, it wouldn’t surprise me if something isn’t right.

I was able to make a reservation for September 4th. It opened a few minutes past 6am. I tried it first, couldn't get it, made a dining reservation and tried again, and then was able to get times to come up. The times were going quickly though and I was trying to make the reservation for the fourth day of my trip. If you're not staying on site, it might be that the reservations are selling out before they open for exactly day 60. Just a speculation!

I was able to make a reservation for September 4th. It opened a few minutes past 6am. I tried it first, couldn't get it, made a dining reservation and tried again, and then was able to get times to come up. The times were going quickly though and I was trying to make the reservation for the fourth day of my trip. If you're not staying on site, it might be that the reservations are selling out before they open for exactly day 60. Just a speculation!

I need mine for the week of July 16-23, so I'm nervous for this!

It's a very small venue so the spots are going to go fast. But, I would try again up to 15 min past 6am if you don't get anything at first.

Help! So our reservation starts on 10/22 so my 60 days out will be August 23rd correct?

So on Aug 23rd at 6am or a little after I should try for the reservation? The date of the reservation I want is 10/24. I know it’s hard to get it at the beginning of my trip but I’d like my son to have it early in our two week trip 😂

Help! So our reservation starts on 10/22 so my 60 days out will be August 23rd correct?

So on Aug 23rd at 6am or a little after I should try for the reservation? The date of the reservation I want is 10/24. I know it’s hard to get it at the beginning of my trip but I’d like my son to have it early in our two week trip 😂

Start checking a bit before 6am and you can do 10/22+10 like you can for dining. I was able to get a reservation with no problem, and I checked again around 9am that day and there was still availability for my trip, but if you want a specific date, definitely do 6am!

On two long weekend trips in September, I initially couldn’t make reservations when the 60 days came up, but I didn’t know you could make reservations at 60 days from check in like dining reservations. I had two cast members on the phone tell me it didn’t work like that; they said it was 60 days from the day you were trying to book. On a third call, I eventually spoke to a cast member who gave me the correct information, 60 days from check in for the duration of your stay, unless it’s over 10 days. She was able to find a time on a check out day for a first haircut that probably won’t work for us given nap time, but it was the only option. I sure wish I had been given the right information initially. We’ll try for a walk up and hope for the best.

On two long weekend trips in September, I initially couldn’t make reservations when the 60 days came up, but I didn’t know you could make reservations at 60 days from check in like dining reservations. I had two cast members on the phone tell me it didn’t work like that; they said it was 60 days from the day you were trying to book. On a third call, I eventually spoke to a cast member who gave me the correct information, 60 days from check in for the duration of your stay, unless it’s over 10 days. She was able to find a time on a check out day for a first haircut that probably won’t work for us given nap time, but it was the only option. I sure wish I had been given the right information initially. We’ll try for a walk up and hope for the best.
Hello, what number did you call to speak to someone? Does this mean if my check in date is 10/3 for 3 nights I can book on any of those dates tomorrow?

Yes, 60 days before check in (tomorrow), you can make reservations for any of those days. I just called the general number and said Harmony Barber Shop at the prompt. They connected me to “right people.” You may get bad information like I did, depending on who you talk to. I would just make the reservation online and save yourself the aggravation. Note that you have to be logged in with your on property reservation linked to your account to make the days beyond 60 selectable.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/enchanting-extras-collection/booking-harmony-barber-shop/

I posted this elsewhere but wanted to mention that when my window opened earlier this week, time slots were available when I logged on at 5:40. So you might want to try earlier than 6am!

Thank you, have been trying for past two days to book on the app for the days before I check in to our Disney hotel. I have been on from about 5:45 and not once has availability came up for a single appointment. So I might have better luck phoning. Will try both tomorrow though. I do have my reservation in my hotel bookings section of my account is that what you mean by linked to my account?

I posted this elsewhere but wanted to mention that when my window opened earlier this week, time slots were available when I logged on at 5:40. So you might want to try earlier than 6am!

I would even try at midnight just in case. I don't know if it's the case with the barbor, but a lot of the "extras" are bookable at midnight and not 7am.

Thank you, have been trying for past two days to book on the app for the days before I check in to our Disney hotel. I have been on from about 5:45 and not once has availability came up for a single appointment. So I might have better luck phoning. Will try both tomorrow though. I do have my reservation in my hotel bookings section of my account is that what you mean by linked to my account?
Yes, if you can see your reservation on the website, it is linked.

I would even try at midnight just in case. I don't know if it's the case with the barbor, but a lot of the "extras" are bookable at midnight and not 7am.
The dates definitely become selectable at midnight. I can’t say whether times show up then, as I was never able to find times because they were already full, but I would guess they do. As you said, other things work that way. Mickey’s not so scary did.

A whole bunch of dates just popped up for September. Check it out now!

I can only guess that they are doing away with the walk-up option and will announce it soon.

I randomly checked earlier today and saw they had availability when I needed it and was able to grab one. I wonder if they hold some back and release them as the dates approach so everything doesn’t go immediately at the 60 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter