HARMONIOUS SEPTEMBER 29, 2021

wow.
The amount of entitled and spoiled WDW "fans" never ceases to amaze me.

I think the livestream last night was a not particularly well produced. In other videos I've watched today, I have seen a remarkable and at times even sublime, MASSIVE spectacle thematically unifying the human race using IP music that identifies with a country or region that has been re-recorded with multiple languages and musical expressions.
The fireworks were overwhelming, the water and projections were ground breaking, and the entire production was a marvel.
My only complaint is the ending may need some clarity.

This is not Illuminations, nor was it meant to be.

I like it.
Your opinion may vary.

Wow right back. Entitled? Spoiled? Please explain your harsh language as it seems unnecessary to label someone as either for simply expressing an opinion.

wow.

I think the livestream last night was a not particularly well produced. In other videos I've watched today, I have seen a remarkable and at times even sublime, MASSIVE spectacle thematically unifying the human race using IP music that identifies with a country or region that has been re-recorded with multiple languages and musical expressions.
The fireworks were overwhelming, the water and projections were ground breaking, and the entire production was a marvel.

I like it.
Your opinion may vary.
Our negative opinions of the show doesn’t make us entitled as yours doesn’t make you a panderer of Disney. Both are legitimate. When you love something that changes and in your opinion is not better, criticisizing it’s faults in hopes of improvements is from love and knowing the potential of how wonderful a show by Disney could be.

wow.

I like it.
Your opinion may vary.

how dare we hold the self-proclaimed most magical place on earth to a higher standard?

shame on all of us.

wow.

I like it.
Your opinion may vary.
Am I entitled? Yes I am, just like you are entitled to an opinion and decision making on where and how to spend your money. I am entitled to have an opinion about what I watch my money being used on and this appears to have been a poor use. Disney is blessed to have a large repertoire of IP they could have chosen to use and create a truly cohesive and harmonious show. Instead they chose to take all the time to create an innovative method of delivery but then cheap out in the end and throw in some recognizable IP, as little fireworks as they can, and wrapped it in the hype of the 50th. I was waiting for someone to jump out and say "you've been Punk'd"

I disagree with others in the fact that I wouldn't even want this in MK. Or really any park for that matter.

Signed, a fully paying customer.

wow.

I like it.
Your opinion may vary.
Calling people entitled for their opinion then stating their opinion may vary to yours. In other words, you acknowledge the opinion may vary, but yet say it’s entitled. 😒🤣🤣🤣

I disagree with others in the fact that I wouldn't even want this in MK. Or really any park for that matter.

I could see the barges being integrated in some sort of show at the studios, if they had room. The metallic mechanical arms with shooting fireworks and lasers could be Star Wars themed and probably work well. You know, in a planetary defense grid sort of thing.

The IP tie-ins might have made sense if they went around World Showcase like the old Illuminations did and reflected each country. Coco for Mexico, Frozen for Norway, Mary Poppins for the UK, etc. But this mishmash just seems like they're trying to sell more Disney+ accounts or something. Grateful I got to see the original Illuminations with the holiday tag back in December 2015. That was genuinely moving.
I’ve watched 3 different videos, including Disney’s broadcast. I have yet to hear anything from Frozen. Someone says it is in the middle of the Lion King songs but I still haven’t heard it. So which song was it and which song is it in between?

wow.

I like it.
Your opinion may vary.

Those Fireworks are in no way overwhelming when compared to the standard that Disney has always had for its nighttime spectaculars. The water and projections are not ground breaking, Disney has been using water curtain projection screen technology in Fantasmic and Rivers of Light for quite a few years. Just because it was a massive spectacle, doesn’t make it a powerful, emotionally moving show. Those of us who have seen many different Disney shows over the decades and who are paying customers are 100% entitled to voice our opinion and our disappointment at what we see as a failure on Disney’s part to provide a special show worthy of Disney World’s 50th anniversary. I’m genuinely glad that you liked it, but saying people who didn’t like it are entitled and spoiled is insultin.

So your thing here is to attack others who disagree with you? LOL….
wow.

I like it.
Your opinion may vary.

I’ve watched 3 different videos, including Disney’s broadcast. I have yet to hear anything from Frozen. Someone says it is in the middle of the Lion King songs but I still haven’t heard it. So which song was it and which song is it in between?
I thought they used Vuelie early on but I could be wrong (I watched the Disney broadcast after it aired live). It's brief - I rewatched this one (https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/epcots-new-harmonious-fireworks-show-i-dont-understand/) and it's around the 1 min mark. I don't recall them doing it later - but I could be wrong.

Here's an interesting take on the show:

Who is this guy? "I've never seen so much pyro in one show" then lists lasers and projections in that category? It's pretty obvious Harmonious was suffering from the songs abruptly ending and the next starting up instead of being blended to flow with each other.

I will say for the amount of IP they shot into this it could have been worse, I think they need to add more to it and change the ending. If you're going to represent the pavilions then make sure they're all represented - but they have to have something original to tie everything together. Creativity and new content has never been a problem for Disney before, don't know why they would cheap out here. I still love Illuminations more but they can improve this.

Oh, I wasn't saying that they did, just that IF they had, that would have been a logical way to incorporate a princess IP into a nighttime show at Epcot. I'm not an Epcot purist, I think it's great that they've added Ratatouille to France and would love it if they would retheme the Donald Duck ride in Mexico to Coco, which could be a visually stunning, culturally rich makeover of a very tired old ride. But Illuminations was really special and unique to Epcot and World Showcase, and this replacement seems to just be...none of those things.

I decided to watch the Disney live stream again, hoping that maybe I was just tired and in a bad mood last night. Having your dog cluster 3 seizures in a matter of 8 hours can do that to a person.

So this evening, I queued up YouTube on the smart TV and watched it with my husband to get his reaction since he didn't view it last night (it was his turn to monitor the dog). When it was over the first thing out of his mouth was "Good night. Now get out!" I swear I didn't tell him beforehand that was the same sentiment circulating the internet.

His take was that the actual video was disjointed and somewhat chaotic. It showed too many aerial shots that no one will possibly see without being in a helicopter. He asked how people who had a sideways view of the ring were supposed to enjoy the show.

He said that the music didn't segue smoothly and he felt the message of harmony among nations was lost. He also noted the absence of any original, signature song and said it was a huge error to have neglected having one.

As for the visuals, he was impressed with laser effects. The fountains he said were okay but not terribly impressive. He did remark on how sharp the projections were...most of the time. Much better than the Illuminations globe.

In all, he said that he would definitely want to see it in person. I asked of he would be willing to stake out a key viewing spot hours in advance and he said, "No, besides Disney will find a way to charge for those anyway".

Last edited:
I decided to watch the Disney live stream again, hoping that maybe I was just tired and in a bad mood last night. Having your dog cluster 3 seizures in a matter of 8 hours can do that to a person.

So this evening, I queued up YouTube on the smart TV and watched it with my husband to get his reaction since he didn't view it last night (it was his turn to monitor the dog). When it was over the first thing out of his mouth was "Good night. Now get out!" I swear I didn't tell him beforehand that was the same sentiment circulating the internet.

His take was that the actual video was disjointed and somewhat chaotic. It showed too many aerial shots that no one will possibly see without being in a helicopter. He asked how people who had a sideways view of the ring were supposed to enjoy the show.

He said that the music didn't segue smoothly and he felt the message of harmony among nations was lost. He also noted the absence of any original, signature song and said it was a huge error to have neglected having one.

As for the visuals, he was impressed with laser effects. The fountains he said were okay but not terribly impressive. He did remark on how sharp the projections were...most of the time. Much better than the Illuminations globe.

In all, he said that he would definitely want to see it in person. I asked of he would be willing to stake out a key viewing spot hours in advance and he said, "No, besides Disney will find a way to charge for those anyway".
Craig's video on The Dis is much better than Disney's stream, FYI.

i Didn’t quite catch the full lyrics of the last song, but ‘fair-er‘ and ‘greed’ are among them. Which is really rich when they’ve taken away free FP and will be charging per ride for lightning lane access. I suspect that’s the bad taste.
The last song was Someday from the "Hunchback of Notre Dame"

Someday
Life will be fairer
Need will be rarer
And greed will not pay

Yeah... Bob Chapek is trolling us now... (I think I did a spit take when those lines came up)

SOMEday greed won’t pay….. but that day is not today. So Bob can continue to be driven by greed until “that day”. :duck:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter