HARMONIOUS SEPTEMBER 29, 2021

I watched the livestream last night and was underwhelmed. I just watched the DIS’s recording on YouTube (which was much better than the Disney livestream) to give it a second chance. I still don’t like it. After seeing those barges in person last month I was hoping for something spectacular since they are such an eyesore during the day. This wasn’t it.

Technically awesome, visually beautiful, but no storyline to follow at all. Seriously, EPCOT Forever was a better storyline, and it pales in comparison to Illuminations. Even considering No Fireworks because of the animals, Rivers of Light was a better show story. It seemed to almost be a random IP mashup, though it is obvious they tried to highlight stories from different continents worldwide. But I agree, I may have a different impression in person, but with the live webcast, it didn't come across as having a storyline. Though I imagine the storyline was supposed to a universal theme of everyone getting along on Planet Earth, the ending seemed to almost be a nod to individual activism instead of world-wide harmony. An expanded version of EPCOT Forever would've been better. Or even highlighting a classic and a new ride from each park for the 50th, with snippet recordings of Walt and Roy.

I was looking forward to seeing EPCOT Forever, even though I never had the opportunity, I'm not nearly as excited about Harmonious.

Last edited:

I was thinking the barges might move and provide some actual footage of the countries (IE Canada Far & Wide). Disappointed in the arrangement of songs and over lacking of a theme. Agree with the post above in regards to how they should have matched the songs to an the order of the pavilions in World Showcase.

Also, the beginning starting out with Moana with isn't represented yet in the park, seems to be another clear IP grab as if they didn't have enough to work from in World Showcase (very disjointed).

Intellectual Property - Movie Characters

Disney Movies are an Intellectual Property, Star Wars is an Intellectual Property, Muppets, Marvel, Pixar Characters and so forth.

I’ll see this show in person eventually. But, things for any naysayers to keep in mind:

- Most people only see this show once in a lifetime after a long day in the parks, they want fun catchy music and cool fireworks. Does this fit the bill?

- Change needs to happen, even if you or I don’t prefer it. If it doesn’t change it turns into Ellen’s World of Energy - boring and dated.

- You can always skip EPCOT fireworks, plenty of other stuff to see and do.

- In a few years there will be a new show.

I’m looking forward to whatever they did with the Spaceship Earth Globe.

I asked a page back or so, about the viewing angle from a fireworks cruise. After seeing some pictures of Harmonious, it looks as though the barges wouldn't have a good view of the projections at all. I will continue to try and investigate this a bit more, but sure won't be booking a fireworks cruise if I'm not able to see it from the side.

The fireworks got several "wow!' moments but it was basically fireworks synced to music. I think it lost the nostalgia for us with other vocalists singing the songs and changing the animation. I'm waiting to see it live but it may very well be a one and done for us. I agree with others...now I'm worried about Enchantment.

It appears that the best view is between Mexico and Canada & Japan to Italy on the other side. Anything else you can't see the ring, there's either barge obstruction or you're looking at the side.

This takes away from the dinner packages where you won't be able to see the ring from either SRT or R&C. Good guess they will use the viewing angle to increase the cost of dessert parties exponentially.

Intellectual Property - Movie Characters

Disney Movies are an Intellectual Property, Star Wars is an Intellectual Property, Muppets, Marvel, Pixar Characters and so forth.
Thanks, Chuck. That’s what I thought, but since we abbreviate all things Disney here, wasn’t sure if it meant something else.

made it halfway through watching and then just stopped. THIS is what they came up with? It looks awful. No thanks will not wait to see this when we are in Epcot. The barges sitting there all day leading up to a mostly projection show with the same disney songs rehashed didnt feel like an ending to an EPCOT day. I'm so sad to see what Disney is doing.

Remember that the original EPCOT plans called for some sort of elevated viewing platform structure which was cancelled, so I agree, the viewing angle was likely optimized for those high end private parties.

sdmfner93475932875-1024x576.jpg[img]
sdmfner93475932875-1024x576.jpg

It’s funny, because the preview center’s teeny, tiny, minuscule bit about the new show, I had actually impressed me… lol.. I had thought the music possibility from that small tidbit has great potential…

Oh well, needed a good deflation this week…

I’ll see this show in person eventually. But, things for any naysayers to keep in mind:

- Most people only see this show once in a lifetime after a long day in the parks, they want fun catchy music and cool fireworks. Does this fit the bill?

- Change needs to happen, even if you or I don’t prefer it. If it doesn’t change it turns into Ellen’s World of Energy - boring and dated.

- You can always skip EPCOT fireworks, plenty of other stuff to see and do.

- In a few years there will be a new show.

I’m looking forward to whatever they did with the Spaceship Earth Globe.

lol, in summary don’t be so disappointed that Disney created an inferior show to its predecessors while still jacking up admission costs?

"On the upside its a good time to go catch rides and not feel like you are missing out. "

I get the philosophy, but in this case, I doubt Harmonius will be the crowd magnet Illuminations was.

When did DIsney lose their ability to tell a story?
Just finished watching and really underwhelmed. Reminded me of the first time I watched Rivers of Light.
Multiple short snipets of IP does not make a story.
I keep hoping that seeing it in person will be much better. However listening to the crowd, I don't think I've ever heard that little cheering for a good night time show (especially when it was over).
Technically it looks good, just has no soul. It lacked the soul of Illuminations or Wishes.
I was hoping the show would make up for the loss of a beautiful view across the lake. It doesn't.
I may be wrong, but this looks like a one and done.
Was really hoping for more.
Disagree...the area where I watched it had tons of screams and cheering. The ending is awkward I will say but everyone where I was watching (near Canada) loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter