Harmonious: how would you rate it?

9/10. It switched from an American centric view of creating a melting pot to snap shots of different cultures expressing themselves. The mixing of languages is beautiful. Loses a point for viewing angles...

Finally saw Harmonious last night. Crazy amount of high tech and multiple fireworks launch points. I left there not sure what to think... high tech, colorful, But seemed like kind of a "mess".... the transition and to go movie to movie to movie and then in different languages... the only word to me was messy... wish I had a better word. Still good, but kind of all over the place... just my 2cents and happy for those who love it.

We have reservations at La Hacienda during Harmonious. I understand it won't be a perfect viewing spot, as it's not dead-center. But to those who have watched from the sides of the lagoon, is it still worth it? Should we eat quickly and then just head outside? We have always loved watching Illuminations from the Hacienda windows.

We have reservations at La Hacienda during Harmonious. I understand it won't be a perfect viewing spot, as it's not dead-center. But to those who have watched from the sides of the lagoon, is it still worth it? Should we eat quickly and then just head outside? We have always loved watching Illuminations from the Hacienda windows.
Personally, I think it’s worth walking the short distance to be directly in front of the stargate. We were at La Hacienda right before and decided to book it to right in front of the Christmas tree before it began and to us it was totally worth it to get a perfect view of the projections.

Last edited:
I think as with so much else it depends on the peoples attitudes you are with. The first time I saw it I was a couple rows back and looking between heads but the guys behind were amazed and kept saying. “Oh my god, you go Disney” and such as that. In that environment I really enjoyed each major moment to the fullest. The next time we staked out some prime real estate but everyone around us was dead silent. I Was almost falling asleep and could barely remember what I saw. So yea, as with all things Disney, and perhaps life, attitude and company are what will determine your pleasure, more than the actual show itself. Overall they are both pretty good though (enchantment and harmonious)

I’ve seen it in person now. It was not as bad as the online videos when it first came out, but it was not very good either. We chose to walk around the lagoon to see it from different angles and make our way from to back of WS to the front so we could avoid the crush of people leaving. So we saw the side views and the head on views. It definitely seemed like there wasn’t any point in watching it if you couldn’t see the head on view, as the projections were nice but I didn’t at all care for the octopus arms. The singing also sounded off on several occasions (not sure what the word is: screechy? shrill? pitchy?) which made it very hard to get emotionally invested. And it is definitely not worth ruining the views of world showcase all day (the fountains do not even come close to covering up the visual blight). To be honest, I think next time I will go have a nice dinner at Topolino’s and watch the fireworks from a distance rather than staying to see the show in the park. Or hop to another park in the evening on Epcot days.

2/10

garbage IP in a blender and the different language songs are charming at first but it wears off quick. It’s pretty but tells no story.

also what’s up with disney pushing Moana CoCo and new IP so much?

We left before it was over, watched it from Japan so we could see the stargate. A lot involved visually but it didn't seem to have any direction in the show, if I didn't know that they tried to push this as music uniting the world I wouldn't be able to tell anything about the story it was trying to tell.

3/10 - we probably won't spend the time to stake out a spot again.

Walk to the center… experience is completely different in my opinion

We saw it from La Hacienda in October as we have enjoyed several viewings of Illuminations from there. Skip it. The view was bad - nothing like Illuminations, which could be viewed from almost anywhere. Harmonious needs to be seen from a few select spots to actually see the entire show and La Hacienda is not one of them. I'll also add that while we've enjoyed La Hacienda in the past, this was by far the worst dining experience of our trip (both food and service were bad). We were back at WDW in Dec and just stood in the Japan pavilion (you can walk up 5 minutes before the show and find a spot as long as you don't want to hang by the water). The view was 100% better than from La Hacienda, though sadly we still are not fans of the show. Doubt we'll worry about viewing angles in the future. Maybe it's a good time to ride Test Track without a long wait :) .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter