Hardest ADRs to get?

Duckiedee

Every Day is Better at Disney
Good day!

It's been a minute (2016) since we were last at WDW. I know there are a whole bunch of new restaurants/experiences (those that are running) since then.

Knowing this - what are currently the hardest ADRs to snag? We will be arriving mid-October.

Thank you!

I would add that the Space 220 Lounge appears even more difficult to get than the Space 220 restaurant. Many prefer the lounge due to not liking the menu in the restaurant (which is a fixed price, so in the lounge they can just get drinks/apps), so they want to book the lounge to still get the experience. When I was making my ADRs, I did see some limited availability for the restaurant but nothing at all for the lounge.

In addition to what others have mentioned, I think 'Ohana has also been difficult for some folks.

I would add that the Space 220 Lounge appears even more difficult to get than the Space 220 restaurant. Many prefer the lounge due to not liking the menu in the restaurant (which is a fixed price, so in the lounge they can just get drinks/apps), so they want to book the lounge to still get the experience. When I was making my ADRs, I did see some limited availability for the restaurant but nothing at all for the lounge.

In addition to what others have mentioned, I think 'Ohana has also been difficult for some folks.

Yeah, I didn't expect to have the challenges I've had looking for an 'Ohana reservation for our upcoming trip for my family of 5.

Was able to snag Sci-Fi and Cinderella's Royal Table on our reservation day but was kind of surprised there was no 'Ohana availability. Signed up for alerts the day we'd like to go (6/18) after booking everything else and have only had one come through that we missed. Hoping that now that we're two weeks out, some cancellations will start to pop up.

Beyond the restaurants others have mentioned, I notice a lot of people looking for CRT (easier to get later in your trip, especially if you have several days) and Chef Mickey's.

Reactions: KSL
My top 3 for most difficult ADRs to get would be:

Space 220 lounge is the most challenging ADR of all imo. Availability was almost all gone at 8 am for 60+10 (wanted to modify my time).

Toppolino’s breakfast is also very challenging.

Storybook dinner at Artist Point.

Honorable mentions: Oga’s, Sci Fi diner, BOG and Beaches and Cream.

+1 to Space 220 - we were unable to find a single time for either the lounge or restaurant at 60+6.

Last edited:
+1 to Space 220 - we were unable to find a single time for either the lounge or restaurant at 90+6.
You can book space 220 at 90 days out? I thought it was 60 days? Also, can you confirm the time , is it 5:30am eastern?

You can book space 220 at 90 days out? I thought it was 60 days? Also, can you confirm the time , is it 5:30am eastern?
It’s 60 days for all ADR and Enchanting Extras bookings. Time reservations open is 6amEST for ADRs and midnight for Enchanting Extras such as Savi’s, droid depot, Capture your Moments or firework dessert parties.

Ohana dinner has always been one of the most difficult and it is still difficult although maybe not quite as bad. Sci Fi can be challenging but you can get it if you keep trying. Beaches and Cream is almost impossible, it is so small. Yak and Yeti is also very tough since people are only trying to get the lunch times there, typically.

Some ADRs that used to be harder but I see come up often now: 50s Prime Time, Oga's Cantina, Chef Mickey's, Be Our Guest. I am seeing tons of Oga's reservations available for August. Maybe the novelty is wearing off there and since you can't get food...

My overall experience is that if you are persistent, don't have a large party, and you are willing to eat at off times (putting in 230, 3, etc.) you can usually get in where you want, with the exception of Space 220 and Beaches and Cream, and maybe Topolino breakfast right now.

What would off peak times be for Topolinos breakfast?

Experiences can vary I am sure, but the earlier the reservation, likely the less backup, and consider if your priority is the food (which is great) or the character interactions (also great).

I booked a 12:10 pm brunch last week at Topolino's and it took nearly 30 minutes to seat me. Characters were very rushed as the restaurant was trying to shut down the breakfast shift, but I was not rushed out. In contrast, for a 7:45 am reservation, I was seated immediately, and got plenty of time with the characters, also was not rushed out. Table spacing is also good and feels the least crowded of just about any place.

Mid-morning may also be good; we had 9 am and 10 am reservations back in December and those were stellar meals and experiences too, and were seated quickly.

We have been trying to get a Chef Mickey breakfast for August for 3 and haven’t found a time so far. Was hoping with it being after school starting it would he possible but beginning to doubt it.

We have been trying to get a Chef Mickey breakfast for August for 3 and haven’t found a time so far. Was hoping with it being after school starting it would he possible but beginning to doubt it.
August is still Summer Break for many school . It can be crowded with families trying to get the vacation before school starts .

Our dining window opened today (staying on site so the first 10 days available to book). Managed to secure 11.30am Space 220 lounge for Sunday 21st August, which was my main goal. It'll just be sliders and a drink for us but we want to experience the restaurant for ourselves. We had no issues with all our other choices (Sci-Fi diner, Grand Floridian Cafe, Chefs de France, The Boathouse), all other meals will be QS and snacks. Our favourite signature, Narcoosee's, is closed unfortunately.

Looks like we have the wrong size family. Way fewer options for a family of 5 vs 2,3 or 4.

Last edited:
Looks like have the wrong size family. Way fewer options for a family of 5 vs 2,3 or 4.
I hear you! I was able to get everything I wanted this morning when my window opened, but did book Beaches and Cream for my last day (60+7). I went back to try to change the time and it was too late. So it goes fast. I really wanted space 220 lounge, but max seating is 4 and my kids refused to draw straws lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter