Hard to get Air Miles seats?

SeptBabyMom

Mouseketeer
Is it just me? Just the flights that I'm looking at?

We've always used our Air Miles and Aeroplan points to book flights. I usually found it easier to get flights with Air Miles.

I'm looking at planning a Florida vacation for our family sometime next year, so I have already started to look at flights now. Certainly there would/should be a lot of availability in January and February, that is definitely off season. For several dates that I just randomly picked in January and February, I am getting a message : "There are no flights available at this time for you through the AIR MILES Reward Program for the dates you have selected."

I should add that we live in Newfoundland, so flights would be from YYT to MCO.

I have a renewed interest in collecting Air Miles, especially with the Mega Miles promotion on this month. Now I'm wondering if there's been a reduction in flights being offered? I've never had trouble before. Someone else just recently told me they had trouble getting a flight from NL to Toronto. What's up with that I wonder? Any thoughts?

I am seeing the same. Or the flights are twice the air miles I was expecting. I am trying to decide what to do. Use the AM for hotel instead? Not sure yet but I will keep checking. I am in Ottawa, just for reference.

Yup, they are very high! I have been looking to use our for flights to Miami and there isn't anything available at the discounted rates.

I am seeing the same. Or the flights are twice the air miles I was expecting. I am trying to decide what to do. Use the AM for hotel instead? Not sure yet but I will keep checking. I am in Ottawa, just for reference.

There is a sweet direct flight return to Orlando on Air Canada. AC1262 down and AC 1263 back. It flies Saturday and Sunday year round. I have found that it appears and disappears from the Airmiles offerings regularly. I just booked two one way tickets. Got AC1262 going down but had to book through Toronto coming back. Wait two weeks (I didn't) the direct return flight AC1263 is available. Bummer. Keep looking the flights will show up.

I got the same message for Sept dates from Toronto to Orlando when I looked last month. However, about a week and a half ago, it opened up and I booked my seats at a discounted miles rate. So try again in a week or so. ps I booked around the same time last year & didn't run into this problem then so perhaps there is something new going on.

There is a sweet direct flight return to Orlando on Air Canada. AC1262 down and AC 1263 back. It flies Saturday and Sunday year round. I have found that it appears and disappears from the Airmiles offerings regularly. I just booked two one way tickets. Got AC1262 going down but had to book through Toronto coming back. Wait two weeks (I didn't) the direct return flight AC1263 is available. Bummer. Keep looking the flights will show up.

We have two cruises booked from Miami, so I was looking to fly into FLL and West Jet has direct, but of course I can get the direct there with a non-direct back, but only if I am willing to spend 5100 AM instead of the nice 2800 rate. Hardly worth it lol. I will keep checking though, and perhaps we'll just save the AM and do another big disney trip next year...

if you are just a regular airmiles collecting I believe you can only search/book about 6-7 months out, so you might be too early. as Onyx I was able to look/book over 9 months out.

I'm thinking they just don't have many flights yet as its still pretty early?

I'm Onyx and I can see to mid-April 2018 as of today.

If you are looking at booking for cruises, the airlines know that you need/should book a day prior to your embarking the ship. When I looked up April 1-8 (Sun-Sun), all kinds of discounted rates (2,325) popped up for FLL, nothing for MIA.

We just booked our flights using air miles last week - up until we booked the flights we wanted kept on disappearing and the next day or two - reappearing. We got lucky and booked them (leaving in November)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter