Hard to get ADRs with party of 9

tgbanks3

Mouseketeer
We're heading back in mid August. Bringing 3 first timers (2 18 year olds and an almost 2 year old), so wanting to give them the best experience we can.
Going to be looking for BOG, CRT, Space 220, and Sci-Fi (and hopefully Garden Grill if they open up for breakfast anytime before our trip). I know these will be almost impossible to get but hoping it will maybe be slower than it is now so I may get lucky. Anyone with larger parties have success with these hard to get places? I'll definitely be signing up for all of the ADR alert sites.

We're heading back in mid August. Bringing 3 first timers (2 18 year olds and an almost 2 year old), so wanting to give them the best experience we can.
Going to be looking for BOG, CRT, Space 220, and Sci-Fi (and hopefully Garden Grill if they open up for breakfast anytime before our trip). I know these will be almost impossible to get but hoping it will maybe be slower than it is now so I may get lucky. Anyone with larger parties have success with these hard to get places? I'll definitely be signing up for all of the ADR alert sites.
I tried to get reservations for a party of 9 for our trip next week and found very limited choices. It seems as though the cutoff is 8 for many restaurants. We were able to get Biergarten, Teppan Edo, Boma, and Storybook Dining. I noticed that if I switched the search to 8 many more restaurants popped up.

We are trying a split reservation of 5 and 4 for Hollywood and Vine for one of our dinners. It seems most are reporting being able to check in early and get seated together.

We were a group of 9 last month and were able to get Space 220 and BOG, didn't try for the others. However, we did two reservations for groups of 4/5 or 3/6 at times within 15 minutes of each other, then checked in early and explained that we would like to be seated together. We did this at several restaurants and only one of them was not able to put us at the same table, and in that instance the two tables were side by side. Good luck,

I booked for 7 and was able to get Sci-Fi, GG, Chef Mickey’s, CRT, etc by putting them at the second half of our trip. There was nothing in the first half. We have 8 park days.

I have a group of 9 going in June. I booked Space 220 as far out as a I could and got one for a group of 5 and one for 4. Multiple times showed that overlapped but 9 is impossible for one reservation. We are within 5 minutes and will ask to be seated near each other and check in super early. We had to do the same for Liberty Tree Tavern too for some reason! But a group of 9 at Story Book and Biergarten were no problem.

I have a group of 9 going in June. I booked Space 220 as far out as a I could and got one for a group of 5 and one for 4. Multiple times showed that overlapped but 9 is impossible for one reservation. We are within 5 minutes and will ask to be seated near each other and check in super early. We had to do the same for Liberty Tree Tavern too for some reason! But a group of 9 at Story Book and Biergarten were no problem.
do not think they have tables 9 or 10

FWIW, Space 220 was one of the restaurants that was able to seat all 9 in my group together. There was only 1 table that I saw that could have fit us all and it was down by the kitchen entrance, but it had a long booth not unlike a sectional sofa and then regular chairs on the opposite side. I will caution that 1 of our group was DD, not quite 3, and she was in a high chair but I honestly think if we had to that we could have fit 1 more adult with our group as we were.

To the OP, something I failed to mention was that DW and I were both up early and logged in and one of us would make a reservation for one group and then the other for the rest. We just went to the same restaurant at the same time to make certain that the times were at least close enough to attempt being seated together. BOG was the only one that couldn't accommodate us and while Space 220 is obviously much newer, as popular as BOG is I can't say that I am entirely surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter