Hard Rock Club Level

jackglick

Mouseketeer
Staying club level at the Hard Rock for the first time in November. How is the club level there? How does it compare to Portofino (if you have stayed at both)? Thanks

Jack
You can compare the club lounges in the hotel stickies

Quite a few pictures are there thanks to Schumi

I’ve stayed at both, and I love both. Two different “feels” to the lounges. Portofino is more ahhhhh relaxing and comfy with more offerings. Hard Rock has a smaller lounge and more snack like offerings but it’s nice to have everything all on one floor and the 7th floor feels serene and chill. Both have amazing staff so IMO enjoy the proximity to the parks and Rock Royalty!

I've not stayed at Portofino but have stayed at Hard Rock's twice. I gave it a 2nd chance thinking it couldn't be that bad. I was wrong. The 2nd stay it was worse than the first. Stays were a year apart.
The offerings they have are really, really bad.
Breakfast was barely more than cartons of yogurt, store bought donuts and some really bad chopped fruit. Biscuits are inedible.
Mid day was bags of chips and protein bars. That is it.
Dinner was basically frozen eggs rolls and chicken nuggets heated up. And those tasted like they'd been done in the microwave.
The drink situation was really pitiful too. Long lines and they will only give you 1 at a time and what they offer was poor.
I was VASTLY disappointed in what they put out there. I love Hard Rock, it's my favorite Universal hotel by far. But they should be ashamed of what they put out for CL.

If you like donuts for breakfast every day, they have them. If you like chicken wings for cocktail hour, they have them almost every day. The bar in the hallway was excellent though.

I've not stayed at Portofino but have stayed at Hard Rock's twice. I gave it a 2nd chance thinking it couldn't be that bad. I was wrong. The 2nd stay it was worse than the first. Stays were a year apart.
The offerings they have are really, really bad.
Breakfast was barely more than cartons of yogurt, store bought donuts and some really bad chopped fruit. Biscuits are inedible.
Mid day was bags of chips and protein bars. That is it.
Dinner was basically frozen eggs rolls and chicken nuggets heated up. And those tasted like they'd been done in the microwave.
The drink situation was really pitiful too. Long lines and they will only give you 1 at a time and what they offer was poor.
I was VASTLY disappointed in what they put out there. I love Hard Rock, it's my favorite Universal hotel by far. But they should be ashamed of what they put out for CL.

What a shame it wasn’t good for you!

I know all the Club Lounges will only give one drink per person at a time.....just their policy. And they all serve similar style of drinks. They do have to serve drinks outside the lounge on occasion as they don’t have a lot of room.

But, sounds like their offerings weren’t up to much.

For me HRH Club Lounge is just too small........not always of course, but when it’s busy some folks don’t get a seat.......the others can get busy of course, but they are much larger. I’m sure many folks haven’t had that issue, but it does happen.

I’ve stayed at both, and I love both. Two different “feels” to the lounges. Portofino is more ahhhhh relaxing and comfy with more offerings. Hard Rock has a smaller lounge and more snack like offerings but it’s nice to have everything all on one floor and the 7th floor feels serene and chill. Both have amazing staff so IMO enjoy the proximity to the parks and Rock Royalty!

Agree. Have done both in the past year. I like the offerings, especially the hot breakfast items at PBH better, but I like the convenience of club being on one floor at HRH. We did HRH in Dec and PBH the other week and I think PBH is better for summer as we spent a lot of time back at the resort during the day.

I know all the Club Lounges will only give one drink per person at a time...

I’ve never had a problem getting two drinks at PBH. I don’t know if that’s because they know DH is with me somewhere though?

I’ve never had a problem getting two drinks at PBH. I don’t know if that’s because they know DH is with me somewhere though?

Yes, if they know there’s two of you......no issues.

When they don’t know who’s with who they will often say it’s one drink unless they point out the other........

we get two drinks as everyone and their grandmother knows there are two of us. Although usually we’re topped up before we need to move.....lol.....

I dare say at times some will get two drinks with no issues.....there’s always an exception.

Yes, if they know there’s two of you......no issues.

When they don’t know who’s with who they will often say it’s one drink unless they point out the other........

we get two drinks as everyone and their grandmother knows there are two of us. Although usually we’re topped up before we need to move.....lol.....

I dare say at times some will get two drinks with no issues.....there’s always an exception.
HRH flat out refused to give me 2 drinks, with DH standing right there, and his saying what he wanted. Said they could never hand 1 person 2 drinks that 1 person can only be given 1 drink. Both trips were the same. This is something we encounter everywhere at Universal. I remember once at the park I was standing outside the line, DH in line to pay and I was out of reach of the TM. She wouldn't even allow DH to pass me the drink with her watching us. She said she had to put it in my hand herself. Between that and the insistence at the CL at HRH I decided it had to be some rule on their property.

HRH flat out refused to give me 2 drinks, with DH standing right there, and his saying what he wanted. Said they could never hand 1 person 2 drinks that 1 person can only be given 1 drink. Both trips were the same. This is something we encounter everywhere at Universal. I remember once at the park I was standing outside the line, DH in line to pay and I was out of reach of the TM. She wouldn't even allow DH to pass me the drink with her watching us. She said she had to put it in my hand herself. Between that and the insistence at the CL at HRH I decided it had to be some rule on their property.

Wow, never heard of it being that strict.......

DH buys our drinks in Citywalk at Fat Tuesdays for example......he points me out and that’s good enough, he gets our two drinks.....never had an issue anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter