Hard Luggage Tags with Package?

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
I have not received the hard luggage tags Disney used to send out with the packages in quite some time. Wondering if others have, what's been your experience. I was told they no longer gave them out however I'm hearing from some that they do still get them. We have been four times in the last 12 months and not had them offered.
So? Have you gotten any lately? Was I informed wrong?

When we book a package, the luggage tags have always been included in the box with our magic bands. Two of those have also been within the last 12 months. There has never been a place where they were offered, they were just automatically included with the bands.

The complimentary luggage tags are still given with a vacation package.
They come with your magic bands and are color coordinated to match the band you chose.
I just got my magic bands today and I got an orange magic band and an orange luggage tag with Donald Duck on it.

Only reasons I could see you not getting them is...
-you did not actually book a vacation package.
-you declined your magic bands.
-you opted to receive your magic bands at the front desk instead of them being mailed to you. (not sure if they do or do not give them to you with your magic bands if you pick them up at the resort)

They come with your magic bands and are color coordinated to match the band you chose.
I just got my magic bands today and I got an orange magic band and an orange luggage tag with Donald Duck on it.

-you opted to receive your magic bands at the front desk instead of them being mailed to you. (not sure if they do or do not give them to you with your magic bands if you pick them up at the resort)
We are Canadian and they do not mail them to us, we have to pick up at the front desk. We always book a package so its not that for sure but front desk pick up might explain it. Thank you for your thoughts.

As a Canadian, we get our magic bands at the resort ... any reports of getting the tags & the magical “extras” — which also don’t get mailed internationally — at the resort with the bands? Want those extras! ;)

I am Canadian and have gotten them the last 2 trips (March and last August). They come "hidden in plain sight" inside the grey tube of cardboard your Magicbands are wrapped around. Is it possible you didn't look inside and discarded them in error? We also received the card loaded with all the magical extras upon checkin.

I am Canadian and have gotten them the last 2 trips (March and last August). They come "hidden in plain sight" inside the grey tube of cardboard your Magicbands are wrapped around. Is it possible you didn't look inside and discarded them in error? We also received the card loaded with all the magical extras upon checkin.
What are the magical extras?

Did they change the luggage tags designs? Donald use to come with the blue magic band.

Now that's a very real possibility! I'm not even sure we take the tube with us as we just put the bands on at check in. I probably ask them to discard the tube as I think it's garbage. Even if I were to take it I would think it's trash and toss it the moment we get in the room. I know the first time we didn't get them I asked at check in and was told they no longer offered them so I never asked after. That was more than likely their transition period and we all know how well new information is given to staff.
Thanks for your response. I think you just cracked the code. I'll look closer next time.

Now that's a very real possibility! I'm not even sure we take the tube with us as we just put the bands on at check in. I probably ask them to discard the tube as I think it's garbage. Even if I were to take it I would think it's trash and toss it the moment we get in the room. I know the first time we didn't get them I asked at check in and was told they no longer offered them so I never asked after. That was more than likely their transition period and we all know how well new information is given to staff.
Thanks for your response. I think you just cracked the code. I'll look closer next time.

We got ours a couple of weeks ago and the tags were actually in a side compartment in the box just to the right of the tube. Thought I'd mention in case the location varies a bit.

We got ours a couple of weeks ago and the tags were actually in a side compartment in the box just to the right of the tube. Thought I'd mention in case the location varies a bit.

I think they only come in a box if they are shipped. When you pick them up at the resort they are just on the tube.

I don't know if that's true. We were staying entirely at Universal last year, but in the middle of our UO stay we booked a 1 night room only reservation at POFQ and received luggage tags with our magic bands.

Let's talk about those WDW Luggage Tags...

They are Junk, for more than about 1 trip.

And NOT WDW's fault. You see, long before you GET to WDW? You must deal with the Airline Baggage Monkeys....
1) Those cute "stretchy attachments" on the tag will likely be ripped off at the first airport :).
2) Airline monkeys will do their best to mangle your plastic luggage tag :). They are GOOD at this.

Alternatives? YES. Consider METAL Luggage Tags. AMAZON has a LOAD of these : https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Metal+luggege+tag

Now - having GOTTEN one. THROW AWAY the cute "strap". Instead? Use TWO THICK Plastic Wire Ties:
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ref=nb_sb...=Plastic+Wire+Tie&rh=i:aps,k:Plastic+Wire+Tie

This is what we do... We Fly to WDW twice per year, 12 years. The WDW "tags" are very cute.... LONG ago, we used them. But the Airline Baggage Monkeys were VERY good at educating us :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Let's talk about those WDW Luggage Tags...

They are Junk, for more than about 1 trip.

And NOT WDW's fault. You see, long before you GET to WDW? You must deal with the Airline Baggage Monkeys....
1) Those cute "stretchy attachments" on the tag will likely be ripped off at the first airport :).
2) Airline monkeys will do their best to mangle your plastic luggage tag :). They are GOOD at this.

Alternatives? YES. Consider METAL Luggage Tags. AMAZON has a LOAD of these : https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Metal+luggege+tag

Now - having GOTTEN one. THROW AWAY the cute "strap". Instead? Use TWO THICK Plastic Wire Ties:
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Plastic+Wire+Tie&rh=i:aps,k:Plastic+Wire+Tie

This is what we do... We Fly to WDW twice per year, 12 years. The WDW "tags" are very cute.... LONG ago, we used them. But the Airline Baggage Monkeys were VERY good at educating us :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I agree with Dean.
We did receive ours with our Magic Bands for a trip last April, however we were unable to choose our MB colors since we were so close to our trip date.
But... I kept ours as souvenirs; they would've easily been lost before we made it to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter