Harbor Security opening time?

ironband74

DIS Veteran
Hello friends,

Driving down to the resort tomorrow and super stoked to finally get back to the parks! Gonna be there Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Does anyone know the current opening time for Harbor security? If we want to be at the front of rope drop, when should we line up?

Looking forward to rocking the rope drop,

TIA

Last edited:

6:15 put us as party number 5 in the security line. At that point the gate near Harbor was still closed and locked. Just before 6:30 the opened the gate and walked us up to about bus stop 2, where we were put into 4 lines and held up. The lines continued to grow and by 7pm stretched almost back to Harbor.

They announced that they were going to let us in at 7:15 or when the first shuttle arrived from the parking lot, whichever was first. Soon we could see folks entering the esplanade from the other side, most likely from the Grand Californian entrance. It seems they are letting folks in from the GC a bit before they start on the Harbor side. Not sure what was happening at DTD, but we had friends coming from the GC who l was in communication with and got into the secure area a bit before 7.

Even so, shortly before 7:15 they let us come forward and so I got my bag checked, went through the metal detector, and then was able to grab a spot in line at 27/28 behind one other party.

Things were further complicated by the fact that Starbucks no longer opens early, but opens right at 7, and does not accept mobile orders. We had a couple of our party go over there to put in an order, but Starbucks forgot a drink, and so they were unable to join us at the gate before they started letting us in at 7:30.

One of us stayed back at the gate to meet them when they got there, while my son and I rushed into the park to post up at the rope drop at the center of the hub. by 7:40 we were all together again and in good position.

I think 6:30 is probably sufficient to get good rope drop position. We were a little frustrated by the apparent disparity in opening times for security, but it all worked out. Tomorrow I'll probably plan to get there at 6:30, and we'll bring food with us instead of getting Starbucks.

I'll post a morning report separately with regard to hour our touring strategy worked out.

They also let the garage people enter in before Harbor side it seems. When I was there in March, I was on the first tram out, and when I arrived the esplanade was still relatively empty. A few minutes later I saw the rush of people from Harbor entrance around 7:15ish.

Hi! Can anyone answer what time security from the Grand Californian is opening? And is it best to use the DTD to esplanade entrance in the morning vs. the CA Adventure entrance?

6:15 put us as party number 5 in the security line. At that point the gate near Harbor was still closed and locked. Just before 6:30 the opened the gate and walked us up to about bus stop 2, where we were put into 4 lines and held up. The lines continued to grow and by 7pm stretched almost back to Harbor.

They announced that they were going to let us in at 7:15 or when the first shuttle arrived from the parking lot, whichever was first. Soon we could see folks entering the esplanade from the other side, most likely from the Grand Californian entrance. It seems they are letting folks in from the GC a bit before they start on the Harbor side. Not sure what was happening at DTD, but we had friends coming from the GC who l was in communication with and got into the secure area a bit before 7.

Even so, shortly before 7:15 they let us come forward and so I got my bag checked, went through the metal detector, and then was able to grab a spot in line at 27/28 behind one other party.

Things were further complicated by the fact that Starbucks no longer opens early, but opens right at 7, and does not accept mobile orders. We had a couple of our party go over there to put in an order, but Starbucks forgot a drink, and so they were unable to join us at the gate before they started letting us in at 7:30.

One of us stayed back at the gate to meet them when they got there, while my son and I rushed into the park to post up at the rope drop at the center of the hub. by 7:40 we were all together again and in good position.

I think 6:30 is probably sufficient to get good rope drop position. We were a little frustrated by the apparent disparity in opening times for security, but it all worked out. Tomorrow I'll probably plan to get there at 6:30, and we'll bring food with us instead of getting Starbucks.

I'll post a morning report separately with regard to hour our touring strategy worked out.
Lack of mobile order at the DTD Starbucks has been such a bummer in the mornings. They shlr just switch to mobile order only. I’m sure it’s what most people prefer and they could be far more efficient.

For what it’s worth I plan to hit up the Craftsman Grill for breakfast and coffee this weekend instead of Starbucks. 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter