Happy Thanksgiving 2020: What Are You Thankful For?

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
Happy Thanksgiving to all the DIS Camping posters (and lurkers :) ) in this crazy year that has been 2020.

Let's post about what we are thankful for today.

I'll start by saying how thankful I am for all the wonderful kind people who attended the Fort DISMeet last month and those that followed along in our trip report thread and posted their comments. It was like having ALL OF YOU there and that made the event very special.

So what are you thankful for this year?

Bama Ed

PS - going to put a 22# turkey in the oven in a few minutes. 🦃

I am thankful for the great bunch of posters on the camping board. The information and humor is unsurpassed.
I am also thankful for my family and friends. It's been a tough year for everyone, with a few extra complications thrown in for us.

I am thankful for our great Dis family was able to get together for a safe and enjoyable Dismeet last month. It was so nice to see friends once again. I am thankful for family, and friends, even thru a tough and challenging year, we have managed to stay in touch.

We are thankful for many things, family, health, security, etc., in this crazy place called COVID. We are thankful that we had 15 1/2 years to love and know our Nephew, Carson Hartwig, before he lost his battle with Osteosarcoma, and that his funeral and pre and post days were before the complete Shut Down. We are thankful that we were able to secure sites December 26 - January 7 at the Fort. We know it will be crazy, but these Wisconisinites love much warmer weather and LOVE the Fort. And thankful for all of you who have provided useful information to make our stay the experience it always has been. Blessings. Bill and Barb

Last edited:

I'm thankful for my kids' resiliency through all this mess. They don't seem to even care that they had to wear masks in class and now that they are virtual only through JAN, they got over it quickly.

I'm also thankful for outlets of normalcy like this page. I have enjoyed getting to know everyone even though we've never met in person.

I am thankful that our family has remained healthy and hung in there through the year. Thankful for have my been able to have safe visits with parents and camping trips this past summer to prepare for (hopefully final) winter of being stuck mostly home. Thankful for a place like this (where there are undoubtedly very different opinions amongst us, just as in the non-DIS world) where we are able to still be respectful of differences and enjoy the things we have in common while enjoying each other’s company. Have a Happy Thanksgiving 🦃!

the list is pretty big.

mallory
family
friends
health
job security
dis family. gets a special call out. You guys are great.

but the blessing from covid was working from home all year allowing us to go back and forth to Ohio all summer to visit Bert’s mom.

with a small 3 people thanksgiving we are going traditional dinner, beef tenderloin, Brussels sprouts and acorn squash.

I'm gonna get cheezy here. Fair warning! I'm grateful that I have a warm, clean bed to sleep in (not always had that), a table set with healthy food (and the occasional naughty treats too--love me some Lindt balls!), a roof over my head (not always had that either). I'm grateful for clean water to drink and bathe in.

I'm grateful for a mate that shares my love of travel and DW in specific (funny but true--he won't claim to love Disney but can't wait to get back next June lol). I'm thankful for every day I've been able to spend with the love of my life.

I'm grateful that at 55 years of age I was able to go back to uni and at nearly 60 was finally able to complete my education. I'm fortunate to have use of the most vast library in human civilization--the internet, that my life circumstance allows me this privilege. (And I forthwith promise not to grumble when I have to wait 5 WHOLE EXTRA SECONDS because the 'netz is slow that moment.)

I'm grateful for those who've told me I've helped them in some way, for the stranger who smiles at you in passing, who comment "hey, I like the hat" or "love the sweater." Those comments can brighten a day and maybe lighten the load of someone who's had a hard time.

I'm lucky. I know it. And I never take it for granted, because I know first hand life can change on a dime.

I'm grateful to have family and a close group of friends that love Disney as much as I do. I certainly don't take health and home for granted, but finding creative, safe ways to still do what we love this year is truly a blessing. Having a camper and working remotely has allowed us to travel and maintain a sense of normal throughout this very abnormal year.

All of you have played a part in that.

Thank you!

j

I am eternally grateful for the friends of Bill W and life I have thanks to them. I am grateful for the love of my friends and family. To live in the greatest nation on earth. To be healthy after our scare earlier this year.
Mostly to arrive at Disney 8 days before BJSCHIL and her crew so they won't have sucked up all the fun and magic before I arrive

I am thankful for my wife and kids who gladly go along with all my Disney shenanigans.
I am thankful all my family and friends have stayed healthy and employed through this strenuous time.
I think it's made us all enjoy, even more, some of the simpler things in life.
I am thankful that we were able to pull off The Fort Dismeet (Thanks Ed), and the Northwest Dismeet and got the chance to meet all you wonderful people.
I am eternally grateful for you, my Dis friends. You guys unknowingly helped me through a very rough time (45 years old and unemployed).
Having trip reports and sharing camping adventures helped give me direction and got me through to where I am now :thumbsup2

This has been a tough year for us, as also others. I am blessed to have had a wonderful husband, friend for 56 yrs & 9 months. For our son & his family. All my family & friends have been so wonderful. For our Dis friends. Enjoy all the info we learn from this form. That I have Jesus in my life that gives me the support & guidance that only he can do. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was safe & blessed.

Late on this one, I was working emergency department yesterday then came home to cook for Thanksgiving supper.

I'm thankful also for us still being able to have our Dismeet despite the current circumstances. Great bunch of folks on here as well.

Thankful for fact that with the pandemic my kids have been home more from school and thus we've had more time to spend together.

My family to this point being healthy. All of you as well.

Another one late here, but for me Thanksgiving doesn't end until Sunday night. I have to many things to be thankful for to try and list them. I try to be the kinda person that finds something to be thankful for in every thing. I even found a reason to be thankful for having to winterize the camper tomorrow.... I am thankful I have a camper to winterize.

Anyway, hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving, and now on to Merry Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter