Happy stress!!

familydisney

Mouseketeer
Hello, all. It has been a whopping 5 years since I have been to Disney. Prior to that we went once a year but the kids graduated, etc.....anyway, my amazing DH just surprised me with a very short birthday trip to Disney! We will only have 2 full days, which I know in many ways will leave me frustrated after our 7+ day past trips. I also know we now need reservations so we need to choose in advance. I am looking to you for advice as to which 2 parks would be best to choose. Crowd calendars are showing them as both pretty light or average. I am thinking all of the things new in the last 5 years have been put in Epcot or Hollywood Studios, unless I am missing something. I am trying to decide if the new things are "enough" to skip Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom, whose overall ambiance are our favorites. Any thoughts on the new-ish attractions and if they are that much better than the good-old Disney nostalgia?

BTW, we are both a little Pooh sized and have heard some of the newer rides may not be accessible for us s if you have experience there, that would help too.

I am so excited but can't believe I have to learn 5 years of Disney changes in 14 days!!! Thanks for the help!

Hi! If you’re open-to-close people, you could definitely park hop and hit the highlights in 2 (packed) days. I’m assuming you’ve done 7DMT and Pandora but possibly not Toy Story Land and definitely not Galaxy’s Edge, Remy, or Tron.

If you’re prioritizing new stuff, I think you’re right to prioritize DHS and Epcot. Guardians is new, spacious, smooth, and my very favorite ride at WDW now. The ride vehicles are spacious and comfy IMHO. I’d recommend getting a virtual queue AND buying the ILL (for a time close to your estimated VQ). I find Remy cute but “just okay” - but I’m not a fan of the 3D in your face stuff.

At DHS you have Galaxy’s Edge - I’d consider doing the paid LL for ROTR, although standby exists now too. Single rider for Smuggler’s can be very short, although you bypass a very cool animatronic in the preshow so it may be worth waiting if it isn’t too long. If you haven’t done Slinky Dog yet, it’s a great ride (seats are similar to 7DMT with the individual restraints in case that’s a concern fit-wise) and best aesthetically at night. The LLs reportedly go very quickly for it and since there’s a relatively low height requirement it stays busy most of the time. Aliens is cute but not worth a long line, and you’ve probably done Toy Story Mania before.

Tron is very short and I found that disappointing. I also found the seat very uncomfortable and chose the accessible car. It’s more restrictive than FOP and the only ride at WDW that I can’t fit (or it would cause bruises if I did). I wear a women’s XL/20 but have very wide calves (“wide calf” boots rarely fit me even when I’m at the smaller end of my size fluctuations) and I think that’s the most limiting factor.

Happy Birthday & have the best time!!!

Edited to add that ROTR is similar to Dinosaur, fit-wise. A car with rows of 4, individual belts. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway (at DHS) and Remy (at Epcot) are trackless vehicles with the one bar you pull down over the row…sort of like Haunted Mansion but even roomier. I would expect you’d be fine on everything (except Tron) if you’re used to WDW rides pre-2018!

Thanks so much for your reply. It really helped, especially in terms of the types of rides, size restrictions, etc. I don't think we're up for hopping since the parks close relatively early. If they were like the old days of 11 or midnight close, I know we would for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter