Happy Saint Patrick's Day 2024

Have you traced that family line back?
Back from where? She was born in Dec 1920, her birth was not recorded until May 1921, which caused some problems when she applied for SS in the US. Her father died when she was a baby; her mom remarried and her stepfather didn't want her around, so she was mostly raised by her grandparents. When she was 16 she wrote to an uncle in the US who sent her money for the boat, and picked her up in Boston in 1937 when she landed.

She helped 2 of her half brothers and 2 of her half sisters get established in the US. She found it funny that a couple of her US born grandchildren went back to Ireland for school and/or a job.

Back from where? She was born in Dec 1920, her birth was not recorded until May 1921, which caused some problems when she applied for SS in the US. Her father died when she was a baby; her mom remarried and her stepfather didn't want her around, so she was mostly raised by her grandparents. When she was 16 she wrote to an uncle in the US who sent her money for the boat, and picked her up in Boston in 1937 when she landed.
Before her, so records of her parents, grandparents, etc. Records do exist to at least 1850 usually in the UK and Ireland I believe.

Before her, so records of her parents, grandparents, etc. Records do exist to at least 1850 usually in the UK and Ireland I believe.
Honestly not that curious. We know of her mom's sisters and her cousins there, all the first born daughters were named Mary Ellen for some reason. I have so many first cousins that is enough. My sister did an ancestry DNA test and found a 2nd cousin whose grandfather was a brother of our grandfather who we really know nothing about.

On my dad's side there are some ships's logs of when they left during the potato famine.

My nephew who has lived there since 2010 is wanting to get out. He's been working some in Florida and really prefers the weather there.
Many of my nephews and nieces who were born there, but have lived in UK, US and Australia on and off are looking to get out as well. Weather is no doubt a big factor. There are other factors. as well.

Winter is tough as the days are much shorter - summers can be nice and the days long, but the rain can get monotonous.

As a NYCFC fan, please win tonight against Disney FC (the match is at 7pm ET on FS1 if anyone is interested).
Done ☑️

Have you traced that family ancestry farther than that?
I just now found Great Grandmother's Baptism papers so that gave me a few more clues. Unfortunately her parents names are VERY VERY COMMON Irish names as is the marriage of one to the other. I'm still hunting and hoping with newest find more will come to light.

Been interesting the complete walls I've hit with some and the incredible depth I've found with others.

I’ve always been told I’m half Italian and half French, my mothers French. But turns out I’m only 5 percent Italian, 45 percent Irish, 20 percent Germanic European and 30 percent north Western European. Had no idea I was Irish at all.
My family had an issue with ancestry and French/italian. It said my FIL was mostly French, barely Italian, my kids who took it weren’t Italian at all. My FIL’s parents were born in Italy, came to the US as adults, spoke only Italian. Turns out there was a glitch and it was corrected, FIL is mostly Italian again, my kids are Italian Americans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter