Happy Birthday DLP!

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Today marks the 30th birthday of DLP and I guess we all have our memories over the years about this happy place . I have spend so much great times with my family there and I will keep all those fun and laughters forever in my mind. Still planning for our next trip and we can not wait to go "back home".

I am also collecting Disney stuff and due to this special day today I want to show you something from my collection:

ABLy4EwAwzu4IbuLWU0hiA8vYPyS2pXhBFsZVtddSDw3guEJ_zoRJ33u98Qe7vYci4UrCPoP-Z_KMgoeR55J9226k085l35We4bFkHGKhKSxOFszCIIDA338ih-QXXvrZGjqTFZjPPAh7JxAwXrnv548oMs=s0-d

It is a limited edition cel released for DLP opening in 1992 signed by Michael Eisner. And not only it is signed by Eisner but there is a long dedication for Mickey Steinberg who was Disneyland Paris Project Director at Walt Disney Imagineering!

Here is the transcript of Michael Eisner text:

"Mickey – What an unbelievable team you lead in designing, building and opening EuroDisney !! I really feel that only you guys could pull something like this off !! Congratulation for keeping American entrepreneurship alive- I also appreciate all the travel you had to do over the past couple of years – boy was it worth it ! And it opened in time – And it is beautiful – And being perfect is good because people came – 60.707 people came on Easter Sunday – WOW !!"

Happy Birthday DLP !!
Thorsten

And the birthday has started! Following ED92 and Pixiedust.be on social today.

They are handing out flags and special park maps for today :)

Today on the 30th anniversary of Disneyland Paris there are several things going on:

- There is a panel with the imagineers from 1992.
(Currently going on, more info later)

- Decorations at the hotels

- New Magic shots

- Walt's restaurant has reopened after the refurbishment and the pandemic.

- More and more merchandise

- The Main Street Quartett (1992 - 1995) returned for this occasion

The atmosphere looked great, but busy ;-)

DLP Welcome made a 20 camera pov video of the 30th anniversary show (Un monde qui s'illumine / Get ready for the ride), filmed over 7 visits and 5 days of post production

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter