Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

I’m not a storm watcher when it’s happening unless it’s snow due to shoveling but I think I would totally be immersed as you were!

Isn’t it funny when you forget what you had even when there is proof😂

lol.....I have no memory of that lunch! I had to go look at our receipts which I keep till I finish the TR, even Tom said he hadn`t a clue what we did that day.

I hate snow too, but love a good storm, we are very touristy where they are concerned and don`t care who knows it......lol......we`ve seen some of the most amazing storms there.

The calm before…it seems like you had a pretty good pre-storm day with preparing and getting settled into your new room. Of course you wanted to watch it! If it’s safe to watch any storm I’m game.

The hotel did not have to set up all those activities for guests. That was the mark of really caring about the guest experience.

I’m glad the T2 room met expectations. I’ve never stayed there and had this fear you just know pets are about. I love my kitties but am not up for a pet vacation 😽

How nice you had some buddies to enjoy it with! It’s a real bonding experience to go through weather together. 🤗🤗

The calm before…it seems like you had a pretty good pre-storm day with preparing and getting settled into your new room. Of course you wanted to watch it! If it’s safe to watch any storm I’m game.

The hotel did not have to set up all those activities for guests. That was the mark of really caring about the guest experience.

I’m glad the T2 room met expectations. I’ve never stayed there and had this fear you just know pets are about. I love my kitties but am not up for a pet vacation 😽

How nice you had some buddies to enjoy it with! It’s a real bonding experience to go through weather together. 🤗🤗

Yep, storms are fun to watch, I agree from a safe place, I don`t think anyone was silly enough to venture outside. Yes, the activities were fabulous, and they were very popular with a lot of guests, the staff were wonderful throughout.

We don`t like T2 at all, it just doesn`t have as nice a feel as T3 does.

Pets were allowed everywhere during the hurricane, all towers had pets in them, it was odd walking to the lounge and seeing dogs in the corridor. They weren`t allowed in the Club lounge though which we were happy about, I`m not a fan of pets in hotels at all, but they did a good job of looking after familes and staff with pets. But, never seen so many dogs in the hotel ever.

We had a blast with Matt and Rob and now we were dreading them leaving as they`d be gone before us now!

I think the thing with T2 is it feels isolated from the rest of the resort. Our one stay in T2 was very quiet and had a decent view. We didn’t mind it, but given a choice we would definitely pick T3.

Yes, I agree it does feel quite remote somehow, we just didn’t like it at all for some reason. Our view had trees but you could see all the way down to the Orlando Eye, so not so bad. And yes, it was very quiet despite all the world and their dogs in the hotel.

Yes, T3 is our favourite too.

Can I just say.....North Carolina mountains just sounds so beautiful!!! We have a hankering to go to Colorado at some point (not for skiing, not fit enough for that) but folks say we don`t have to go all the way out there, look closer and we`ll find some beautiful mountains and scenery to impress us.

I absolutely love storm watching! I get wanting to go up to a higher floor and watch the hurricane roll through.

Yes, the mountains of North Carolina and Asheville are absolutely gorgeous! They are much closer than Colorado.

Allegiant Air actually has a direct flight from Orlando to Asheville. Y'all could easily do an overnight trip on one of your long trips to Orlando. I think the flight is an hour? Maybe a few minutes longer.

I absolutely love storm watching! I get wanting to go up to a higher floor and watch the hurricane roll through.

Yes, the mountains of North Carolina and Asheville are absolutely gorgeous! They are much closer than Colorado.

Allegiant Air actually has a direct flight from Orlando to Asheville. Y'all could easily do an overnight trip on one of your long trips to Orlando. I think the flight is an hour? Maybe a few minutes longer.

Another storm fan! There is something quite enticing about watching bigger storms, although a few strikes of lightning is enough to get me to the windows too!

We always say we`re going to do an overnight away somewhere or even a couple of nights somewhere, we usually think Vegas, but where you described sounds gorgeous. But, we never seem to get around to it. One day ☺️

Off to Scotland tomorrow, but wanted to stop by to wish you all a wonderful and happy Christmas. I hope you get everything you desire and you are surrounded by loved ones and happiness.

And Thank you for all your lovely company along the way on this Trip Report, I love reading all of them.

Merry Christmas :santa:

Merry Christmas to you too Carole!! It's so interesting reading your account of what it's like to be in Orlando for a hurricane!! Totally get wanting to get out of the restaurant and watch from the room!!

Your anniversary dinner looked spectacular and so special with them making things just for you.

Hope you are having a marvelous holiday over there in the UK!! It's too bad you aren't closer to London, it's finally happening, my son is doing study abroad in London and I'm going over with him in January for a few days to help him get settled!

We headed out to the exit, which was about 375 miles from where Ubers and Cabs would pick you up
Lol seems about right. Told its a staffing issue as that section closed, even tho they did expand a bit further towards the front this year. Maybe next can exit front gate!

a genuine feeling that this event was setting out to impress you and scare you was obvious to us. It didn`t feel like a complete money grab as prices were very reasonable.

Absolutely, has such a nice vibe. The less polished atmosphere enhances the thot that something might actually be a real
Sort of scare
Mainly thanks to Janet who had planned where we would go to maximise our enjoyment and see as many events in the park as possible
Secret is out, unless no need when FOTL
At U, I’m a park commando in good standing
We had to go back to Seaworld this morning due to a mix up in the check
glad that got settled

Never tried that cheddars location. Probably won’t now. One on Kissimmee that doesn’t take res has still been good several times since pandemic. Do agree, the painkiller is not as lethal. I usually get the Texas tea one as not a huge coconut fan

Did find the SW bonefish site not quite as good as the one near crossroads. Guess it all comes down to the mgmt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter