Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

I’m here Carole! I’m excited to follow along and learn as much as I can about HHN. We are doing two nights with Express pass! Your multi day pass with EP is a good deal. Our two nights with EP cost $500.00 for the two of us.
You get 15 days more for around $400.00 more.
I love the original Halloween and think all the others just can’t compare!
Donald Pleasance was such a great actor!
My sister is obsessed with the classic monsters so that will be a good one
I don’t know anything about the Blumhouse series or The Weeknd
I never heard of the singer either :rotfl:
What a perfect way to celebrate your Birthday and Anniversary!
Looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming trip!

I was hoping to find the start of your new trip report! Just finished your last one and looking forward to following along and celebrating with you! Safe travels...your countdown is on...and it's so very short!

:welcome: back to you too jocelyn.......

yep, it`s here.....and we are so looking forward to it!!

Countdown is a short one now....and glad you`ll be along for this one too.....hope you`re all doing good......:wave2:

I’m here Carole! I’m excited to follow along and learn as much as I can about HHN. We are doing two nights with Express pass! Your multi day pass with EP is a good deal. Our two nights with EP cost $500.00 for the two of us.
You get 15 days more for around $400.00 more.
I love the original Halloween and think all the others just can’t compare!
Donald Pleasance was such a great actor!
My sister is obsessed with the classic monsters so that will be a good one
I don’t know anything about the Blumhouse series or The Weeknd
I never heard of the singer either :rotfl:
What a perfect way to celebrate your Birthday and Anniversary!
Looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming trip!

And a warm to you Caroline:welcome:

Oh you`ll love HHN......it is so much FUN!!! Yes, the RoF ticket is a fabulous buy, and I`m glad you have EP....I think you`ll be very glad of it!

Agree, Donald Pleasance is wonderful and he helped make that movie what it became....and yep, the others can`t touch it for scares and originality.

Blumhouse are always good houses, their movies are almost campish and are always entertaining. Black Phone I am particularly looking forward to as we went to the movie and all I could think through it was....this will make a great house!! I`m learning about the Weeknd......lol.....

Thank you....we are looking forward to celebrating both....and I`m glad you`ll be along with us too......hope you enjoy it and hope you`re all good too....:wave2:

i-pL75mGc-Th.gif

Shameless excuse to have a happy, dancing Gorgeous George image....... ::yes::

Because it`s............

⭐⭐⭐4 WEEKS TILL WE FLY⭐⭐⭐

i-kK6gMNq-S.gif

Yep, time has flown so quickly these last weeks, I can`t quite believe it`s so close.

We are more or less sorted for our trip, we have everything we need to fly, drive and stay......and we`ll think about eating when we get there as usual.

Our latest addition to our plans is something rather new to us, and it`s the Howl O Scream event at SeaWorld.

SeaWorld is a place I`d never normally go, but as it`s just for the Halloween event, we`ll give it a bash. It does look good, maybe not as polished as Universal`s HHN event, but from folks who have gone before and from an employee we know there, it does sound like it`s a lot of fun. We know someone who worked on Dead Vines last year on the creative side and we were impressed with the pictures we saw of it and just how much work went into them.

It runs for 28 nights starting Sept 9th through till October 31st on select nights. We`ve decided to go for one night later in our trip and I think we`ll have a blast!

The houses have quite inventive names and sound intruiging to us, and the scare zones also sound a lot of fun.

There are also a couple of shows and we especially like the sound of the themed bars they have.....any excuse for a themed cocktail or three.......🍹

Now we`re going to be thinking about restaurants we want to experience for the first time and maybe some new places to visit instead of the ones we`ve been to many times, although some places we will keep in there!

27 Sleeps till we leave for the airport hotel........😁

sounds exciting to do Howl O Scream!
Bet it will be fun!

It does look good mac.

I remember thinking last year it looked a lot of fun, so couldn`t pass up the chance to go this time around. Much smaller set up than HHN, but folks think its worth a visit. I`m sure we`ll enjoy it......

Heard good things about the cocktails.......lol......we`ll be happy!!! Getting a cab that night for sure!!

Ooh! Just 4 weeks to go until you are heading for all the FUN!
I am eager to hear all about the SeaWorld event.
I'm wondering how scary it is, and of course we need to check out those specialty cocktails 🍸
A cab seems like a very good idea, for multiple reasons, much easier than dealing with their parking, I'm sure.
So, if you did wander into just one animal area, what would you see? My bet is on the sharks, although I think you'd love the penguins 🐧

Ooh! Just 4 weeks to go until you are heading for all the FUN!
I am eager to hear all about the SeaWorld event.
I'm wondering how scary it is, and of course we need to check out those specialty cocktails 🍸
A cab seems like a very good idea, for multiple reasons, much easier than dealing with their parking, I'm sure.
So, if you did wander into just one animal area, what would you see? My bet is on the sharks, although I think you'd love the penguins 🐧

I`m more a lion and elephant lover, but in their natural habitat. We donate to Daphne Sheldrick`s Wildlife Fund, their work with elephants is amazing and the other, not sure if you`ve ever heard of the Lion Whisperer, Kevin Richardson....that guy is God like with the lions! If you`re ever bored Google him and watch him with those lions, he is one of their own. He sleeps in the grass with them and they worship him, it brings tears to your eyes at times how much they adore him and he them.

We are really looking forward to Howl O Scream.......and yes, I`ll keep notes on the cocktails too!!! I suggested a cab to Tom then he could enjoy the cocktails too, as he won`t touch even one drink if he`s driving, so it should be fun!!

The house I saw pictures of from last year did look good and head loads of praise for the SA enthusiasm, so that works for us. So, yes, we are so looking forward to something new to us too ::yes::

I think a few folks are surprised we`re actually going to SeaWorld but not really going to SeaWorld in a funny old way......but this Howl O Scream has certainly intrigued us and we are very excited to get to this event this year, especially as we will be spending the evening with mr and mrs keishashadow who did go last year and enjoyed it immensely, so we know we will enjoy it too.

Now......some "may" have heard me say.....we won`t ever go to SeaWorld :rolleyes1......now we`re going......and I have also expressed my disdain for Magical Dining. It`s something we planned never to do again, much preferring to order off of a full menu where we can choose any dish we please, not from a much diminished menu which they usually are. We have also found the higher end restaurants are filled to bursting, service we noticed wasn`t to the same standard even if you were ordering off the regular menu, seems some restaurants hate the event too for varying reasons. The manager of Ocean Prime told us he wasn`t participating this year and Eddie V`s are the same I`m glad to say.

So, here it comes after me professing my intense dislike for MD.......yes, you guessed it :laughing:........we are reserved for a Magical Dining meal next month and it is Sharks Underwater Grill in SeaWorld.

cv68-M.jpg

cv69-M.jpg

(Pictures from Google)

We thought the day we do Howl O Scream would be a good choice as one of the perks of booking this place is you get into SeaWorld without having to pay park admission, so we could get in early, have a nice early dinner, then enjoy our time at Howl O Scream.

We`ll get a cab down from the hotel as I`m told there are some very interesting bars to see and I`ve seen some interesting looking cocktails 🍹 ahem....thanks Keisha......

The menu is quite decent and the only thing not offered from the regular menu we would choose is the filet....naturally. But, it offers us something we`d each choose.

Appetisers

Cold Water Lobster Bisque, sherry cream, crouton and poached lobster.

Burrata and Beets, fresh burrata, broad bean & avocado hummus, roasted beets, aged balsamic vinegar.

Coconut Chicken Tenders with spicy citrus marmalade.

Entrees

Kobe Beef Sliders with bacon & onion jam, vintage cheddar, herb mayo, hand-cut truffle buttered fries.

Chicken in a rosemary roasted chicken breast, braised greens, confit potatoes, pancetta & shiitake mushrooms sauce.

Miso Roasted Salmon with a miso ginger glaze, sesame, nori, daikon, jasmine rice.

Desserts

Key Lime Martini, tangy, sweet, and creamy made with fresh Key lime juice, crumbled graham crackers, and topped with whipped cream.

Cabernet Chocolate Cake, a moist chocolate cake filled with a mascarpone buttercream and topped with a cabernet ganache.

Brownie Sundae, a chocolate fudge brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, caramel, and whipped cream.

cv66-S.jpg

I think Tom will have the Bisque and I`ll have the coconut tenders......anything coconut will work for me! Entree wise I like the sound of the sliders except for the cheese, onion and Truffle parts.....so maybe not for me, I do love onions but my intolerance stops me from enjoying them....I miss onions, so I think I`ll go for the chicken and hope the greens aren`t the devils own green beans........bleurgh!! Tom will go for the sliders I think even though he`s not fussed on Truffle flavours.

Dessert.....well, easy one....Key lime for me and Cabernet chocolate cake for Tom, although the Brownie has ice cream and caramel sauce which will tempt him too!!

And the best part of the day is we get to meet keishashadow and mr keishashadow for both the meal and for the Howl O Scream event too

We are very much looking forward to this, the meal sounds lovely, Howl O Scream will be an absolute hoot and we get to spend some time with friends too which is always a bonus.

I think that`s the only thing we`ve added recently to our plans.....but we think it`s a good one!!!

cv99-S.jpg

but this September is not only my 55th birthday (how`d that happen) and our first HHN in 3 years, but we are also celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary on September 5th
No way, does England have the fountain of youth on tap somewhere? it’s All that good, clean living:thumbsup2

looking forward to another great read here!

very glad you decided to sample HoS. So many dismissed it out of hand last year. Couldn’t find a soul to come along with us the night we ventured over. IMO they had a very promising start & will only continue to improve.

Will say, despite the often restricted MD menu system, the fare at sharks hasn’t really suffered in quality one bit. We have never had a bad experience there, knock on wood lol
I think it was $915 and some change for two Rush of Fear with Express Passes.
Ouch, still, I’m thinking it’s certainly ‘worth it‘ for as long as you will be in town. Do think the crowds are going to be jacked up this year.
La LLorona
Embarrassed to say we had never heard of the legend of La LLorona before HHN It gave me nightmares then and the idea of it still haunts me…in a good way
They’ve always been very generous with discounts for military members and veterans, including free tickets for family, so I’ve been visiting for many years.
110%, unlike the other parks they often extend courtesies to those not active or retired too. We have kept either an AP or fun pass running for years as the price is always right via past blue friday deals.

it’s usually our ‘down day’ on our trips. Can putter around there for a few hours & be happy, while working in resort pool time too.

It sounds like a wonderful evening, and of course you will have a fabulous time with the keishashadows!

It is funny how we think we wouldn’t enjoy something and then there is a twist that makes us want to have the experience. I predict you’ll love it and can’t wait to hear all about it 🥰🥰🥰

Last edited:
No way, does England have the fountain of youth on tap somewhere? it’s All that good, clean living:thumbsup2

looking forward to another great read here!

very glad you decided to sample HoS. So many dismissed it out of hand last year. Couldn’t find a soul to come along with us the night we ventured over. IMO they had a very promising start & will only continue to improve.

Will say, despite the often restricted MD menu system, the fare at sharks hasn’t really suffered in quality one bit. We have never had a bad experience there, knock on wood lol

Ouch, still, I’m thinking it’s certainly ‘worth it‘ for as long as you will be in town. Do think the crowds are going to be jacked up this year.

Embarrassed to say we had never heard of the legend of La LLorona before HHN It gave me nightmares then and the idea of it still haunts me…in a good way

110%, unlike the other parks they often extend courtesies to those not active or retired too. We have kept either an AP or fun pass running for years as the price is always right via past blue friday deals.

it’s usually our ‘down day’ on our trips. Can putter around there for a few hours & be happy, while working in resort pool time too.

lol......awww thanks!!! I do like a compliment....good clean living, yep, that`s the key.......lol...some might disagree 😁

I have to say I have only heard good things about the event last year, so it was always in our mind to give it a bash, and such a good price for the event too!! We are so looking forward to it and had never heard of the restaurant options there, so it`s all new to us too, but not a bad menu at all.

Yes, we won`t be going all 17 nights to HHN we could do, but agree it`s going to be crowded for sure. Speaking to folks that work there, they are expecting a lot of people!!! Although try explaining paying that amount to someone who doesn`t understand or know about HHN......they`re like....what...how much....are you crazy......lol......

There was a guy worked in the Club Lounge the year of La LLorona and he spooked the boots off of me talking about it....he grew up believing the stories he was told as a child and he did have a way about him, he could have worked at Haunted Mansion!!! But, he was telling us this tale in a creepy campfire horror movie way of telling a story and it was so intense, then someone shouted loudly and I jumped about 3 foot in the air :laughing:......but, like you I had never heard of it either! Good house though.

It sounds like a wonderful evening, and of course you will have a fabulous time with the keishashadows!

It is funny how we think we wouldn’t enjoy something and then there is a twist that makes us want to have the experience. I predict you’ll ove it and can’t wait to hear all about it 🥰🥰🥰

Yes, I think it`ll be a lot of fun, i`m glad Howl O Scream has come to Orlando, we are looking forward to it ::yes::

It sounds like you are going to have a fantastic time at Seaworld

Great food and friends to share your evening with!

Hope you take pictures to share with us… especially the ones where someone in your group screams their head off

lol.....oh there will be pictures for sure!! Brand new event for us, so I`m sure Tom will be in picture mode.

This event just sounds fun, I remember thinking last year it looked good, so we`re glad to be going this time around :)

As someone who has done Howl O Scream at Busch Gardens (which is owned by sea world) you are going to LOVE it! It’s a nice balance of scary and fun houses and areas!

We never wanted to go to Busch Gardens so wouldn`t have travelled down for any event, but this is handy, despite it being in SW I think we`ll love it.

We know a few folks who went to the one in Orlando last year and all said good things about it, so yes, we`re looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter