Happiest Haunts Tour 2017

V.I.N.CENT.

DIS Veteran
I searched previous posts and could not find any info, other than a few mentions in the Halloween thread about some people being disappointed with the tour this year.

Anyone go on a tour yet? I am confused because some people posted that it had not changed since last year (no rides during tour, only receive HM fast pass at the end), but when I called the tour line this morning, they said that the tour guide will take you on HM, Big Thunder, Snow White, and SMGG. They also said the tour includes visits from several villains, and treats along the way.

Booked our spots early this morning anyway, we will be there the Sunday prior to Halloween. Figured the tour would help counter any potential last weekend rush to see Halloween decorations. Hoping the cast member on the phone had the correct info, sounds like a lot of fun.

Will post pictures when we get back!

Thanks in advance for any additional info!

I'm curious about this, too. We loved the tour a few years ago, but last year's sounded lame.

Until someone posts a trip report, we may never know. What you are describing sounds like a fun tour. What I read about last did not sound fun to me.

I searched previous posts and could not find any info, other than a few mentions in the Halloween thread about some people being disappointed with the tour this year.

Anyone go on a tour yet? I am confused because some people posted that it had not changed since last year (no rides during tour, only receive HM fast pass at the end), but when I called the tour line this morning, they said that the tour guide will take you on HM, Big Thunder, Snow White, and SMGG. They also said the tour includes visits from several villains, and treats along the way.

Booked our spots early this morning anyway, we will be there the Sunday prior to Halloween. Figured the tour would help counter any potential last weekend rush to see Halloween decorations. Hoping the cast member on the phone had the correct info, sounds like a lot of fun.

Will post pictures when we get back!

Thanks in advance for any additional info!
Ok, I just called & booked the tour for 10/30. I got a different description than they gave you. I was told the theme this year is the history of Halloween at DLR (which, I think last year was just history of HM maybe). As for rides she just said a FP for HMH, not all the others that you were told. Which was disappointing. But she said there would be character meets & said this year the characters are from the HM. That was enough to put me over the edge, so I went for it.

It would still be great to here a real first hand review from someone who's been this year though.

Please do post your reviews so ill know if its worth it for our trip next year. Both of you have trips after mine so, I'm skeptical about booking this for this year.

Ok, I just called & booked the tour for 10/30. I got a different description than they gave you. I was told the theme this year is the history of Halloween at DLR (which, I think last year was just history of HM maybe). As for rides she just said a FP for HMH, not all the others that you were told. Which was disappointing. But she said there would be character meets & said this year the characters are from the HM. That was enough to put me over the edge, so I went for it.

It would still be great to here a real first hand review from someone who's been this year though.

Strange. I booked yesterday morning, then called back immediately to ask about tour details and received the info about going on the rides. She was very specific too, could tell she was reading something. Just called a few min ago and got the description you received. Maybe old info from last year? Hope so!

I am anxiously waiting too, except we are committed. ;) I have tickets for 10/12.

Searched Facebook yesterday, someone posted an overview of the tour. Looks like HM fastpasses is it. With a photo op at the end with hitchhiking ghosts. Although one person replied to the post that their tour was totally different? Dunno if its worth it now, will need to figure out if family wants two hours of Halloween info without rides mixed in.

Searched Facebook yesterday, someone posted an overview of the tour. Looks like HM fastpasses is it. With a photo op at the end with hitchhiking ghosts. Although one person replied to the post that their tour was totally different? Dunno if its worth it now, will need to figure out if family wants two hours of Halloween info without rides mixed in.
I'm actually a huge HM fan, so a picture with the Hitchhiking Ghosts is enough for me. Still would've been better with the rides, but it could be worse. It could be the meet n greet with a Tiki Room flower that was last year's tour highlight.

I want to know too! On the fence about purchasing this for 10/27. It is likely to be our last trip for a few years, so I am tempted. I scoured the internet for reviews of the 2017 version and came up empty handed. So, I called too. History of HM and a FP for the ride later. That is all she said. plus it is now sold out the entire week we are there anyway :(

I know I'm really late on this, but I took the tour on 10/22. There was no fast pass, there were photo opportunities with Hitchhiking ghosts, we were given a treat of a black rose cake pop, they were out of the special pin and said they would mail them to our home in about 6 weeks. It was okay, but I didn't really feel it was worth the price. Maybe $50, but not $72.25 (with discount). Tour guide was good, some of the things were interesting. The hearing device they gave me was breaking in and out depending on how it moved around. You can bring your own headphones (recommended) - the ones they give you don't work nearly as well. The lack of a fast pass to the mansion was disappointing since others said they got one. We'll try the Christmas tour and see how that one goes.

1022171741a.jpg 1022171637a.jpg 1022171639.jpg

I know I'm really late on this, but I took the tour on 10/22. There was no fast pass, there were photo opportunities with Hitchhiking ghosts, we were given a treat of a black rose cake pop, they were out of the special pin and said they would mail them to our home in about 6 weeks. It was okay, but I didn't really feel it was worth the price. Maybe $50, but not $72.25 (with discount). Tour guide was good, some of the things were interesting. The hearing device they gave me was breaking in and out depending on how it moved around. You can bring your own headphones (recommended) - the ones they give you don't work nearly as well. The lack of a fast pass to the mansion was disappointing since others said they got one. We'll try the Christmas tour and see how that one goes.

View attachment 282576 View attachment 282577 View attachment 282578

That really sounds really disappointing. That tour use to be incredible but it sounds like Disney has ruined it. Why? Anyone know why they gutted one of the best tours at Disneyland? Its certainly not worth 72 bucks. It does not sound like its worth 20 bucks.

I'm so thnakful me and DH got to experience the Happiest Haunts tour during the 60th anniversary becuse after that it has severely gone downhill. We had the most amazing guide and group and I am so grateful for that experience. This was also around the time they killed off the DCA tour and the cultivating the magic tour about the topiaries/gardens etc. around the park. It's a shame really.

What flavor was the black rose cake pop?

If the Christmas tour is the same as last year you will be disappointed. No fast passes for Christmas rides and 2 hours of guides trying to stretch out information. The only good thing was a seat for the Christmas parade but you could have found a good spot easily yourself. Save your money.

Really glad I was able to cancel my tour. I called to cancel based on some of the summaries I read here and on Facebook. Also, I was told the tour was different when booking. Complicating matters further, I had Blue Bayou Fantasmic reservations booked 2 hours and 15 min after the Haunts Tour. Some people were reporting the tour lasting 2 1/2 to almost three hours. I called the reservation line with the primary priority of cancelling to open up a spot for others, did not want to slots to go to waste. After 50 min on the phone with the CM and supervisor, they made an exception and refunded the tour price. Was really surprised, the money helped fund the conversion of our 5 day hoppers to AP's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter