Status
Not open for further replies.
You say Hunname.
I say Hanname.
Hunname.
Hanname.
Let's call the whole thing off. :teeth:

[SIZE=+0]Holy hanname!

Those of you who complained about having to get through 20-something pages... try reading all 42 pages in one sitting!! Guess that's what I get for being a latecomer. :crazy:

I totally ignored this thread when I first saw it weeks ago when quickly checking in w/ the DISboards... but this morning, I kept seeing references to "hanname", so I finally had to see what this was all about.

I just had to remark about this post (sorry I can't find the original post/username/what-page-of-this-thread-it-was-on, I'd only copied the quote itself):
Hanname!
When I was at SSR yesterday, I noticed that the migs do not say "Saratoga Springs" on them. Just "DVC Member"
that it made me think I'm gonna have to design a mug for myself that says:

On the front: "Official Disney's Sasatoga Speings Resort Mig"
On the back: "HANNAME!"

BTW, I'm in the minority about the pronounciation. I think of it as HAH-naym. Kind of like "Her name is her name" said w/ some kind of accent. :p

Okay, now I'm an hour late starting on the things I'd been hoping to get done early this morning![/SIZE]

disneyberry said:
[SIZE=+0]BTW, I'm in the minority about the pronounciation. I think of it as HAH-naym. Kind of like "Her name is her name" said w/ some kind of accent. :p
[/SIZE]
I'm glad I'm not the only one. As much as I try to see it as HAH-na-may like most others, I still hear it in my head as HAH-naym.

The fact that I even hear it in my head concerns me greatly.

OK, time to bring it to the next level of social engineering. Hanname has now spread (I was going to use another word, but it sounded a little plague-like) outside our little community here.

Now, remember when Regis and Kelly were at WDW and people here got excited because a person wearing lime green got on TV? Now, how funny would it be if they filmed someone with a sign that just said Hanname. Then on the Today show in NYC, where they always pan the camera over the crowds: again, Hanname. In the audience of the Tonight show: Hanname.

Across the nation, people scratching their heads: "There it is again! Hanname?!? What the heck is that?"

Slowly, across the country, awareness of Hanname, if not understanding. An semi-obscure literature reference might be familiar:

"Who is John Galt?"

"What is Hanname?"

Hanname to all!

Wait a second. Now, maybe someone should do a poll to see how the majority of people pronounce hanname. I mean, let's say I meet a DISer and say, "Do you HAH-na-may?" but they don't know what I'm talking about because they pronounce it HAH-naym.

And who's to say that either of these pronunciations are correct? Maybe the H is actually supposed to be silent.

There is so much to think of in the world of hanname.

Karen

TLinden16 said:
Wait a second. Now, maybe someone should do a poll to see how the majority of people pronounce hanname. I mean, let's say I meet a DISer and say, "Do you HAH-na-may?" but they don't know what I'm talking about because they pronounce it HAH-naym.

And who's to say that either of these pronunciations are correct? Maybe the H is actually supposed to be silent.

There is so much to think of in the world of hanname. Karen

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

A poll is a good idea! I wil post one over on the regular community board, since any hanname outside of this one, may not find a home on the DVC community board. This is the original hanname, we would not want it to feel like other hanname's were moving in.

Disney1fan2002 said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

A poll is a good idea! I wil post one over on the regular community board, since any hanname outside of this one, may not find a home on the DVC community board. This is the original hanname, we would not want it to feel like other hanname's were moving in.
I don't think posting on the regular CB is the right place for a poll about HANNAME. I think it should be right here on the DVC-CB.

dianeschlicht said:
I don't think posting on the regular CB is the right place for a poll about HANNAME. I think it should be right here on the DVC-CB.
Besides, this CB is much better IMO than the regular CB. DVCrs rock! :cool1:

HANNAME has extended to the other DIS boards! I have seen mention of it on several other of the DIS boards, including the main CB! Look what we all started, folks! I feel a little sad though, that it isn't something special to the DVC board! :bitelip:

Thanks for posting a poll, Disney1fan2002. I'll go respond to it.

Maybe we can get James Earl Jones to be the spokesman for Hanname. Can't you just hear his big booming voice saying:

This is Hanname.

Karen

Rash said:
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to hanname.

OMG I was thinking this same one!

I've got otheres:

"Honeeeey - where's my hanname?"
"Your mother puts hanname in your underwear, how do you sit?"
"Training? What kind of training?
HANNAME TRAINING SIR!"
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a hanname."

Count me in as another who finally got through all the pages. I keep sending my kids out of the office with "Mommy will be done in just a minute!" "Just one more minute!" "Mommy's almost done!" But it will never end! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh well, hanname you all later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter