• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Handsome or ugly?

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
This is a "Tower of Power", a console stack of time past that arguably killed Sega's hardware business. Some people swear by it and say it is one of the most beautiful setups ever whilst others curse it and say it's just disgusting.

Thoughts? A poor quality example would set you back about $400.

367394925_281217517872116_571817677403602043_n.jpg

While I prefer the classic styled Genesis/CD system, the 32X is aesthetically matched to the newer style systems, so I actually prefer this:

1692040058428.png

That is with the 32X. Otherwise, the original is better, maybe with a Master System Powerbase Converter on top:1692040120392.png

Last edited:
I never played much Sega growing up, just Paperboy and Sonic every once in a while on my cousin's Sega Gensis, so I have no opinion, but if that setup allows people to play the games they love to play then it sure is pretty.

I still have my playstation 1 and 2 and I still play them (because Spyro and Sly Cooper).

If you're a collector of retro gaming I know where you can get an Atari 2600 system AND a Coleco Gemini system AND just under 200 games all in really cool, retro 70s/early 80s genuine fake wood laminate display cases because I am now the proud owner of them after my mother dumped them on my doorstep.

Is that one system or several stacked? If they’re stacked, I’d be worried about the lack of proper ventilation.

I’m a Nintendo girl so no opinion on usability.

Is that one system or several stacked? If they’re stacked, I’d be worried about the lack of proper ventilation.

Stacked. Starts off with the middle bit - a Sega MegaDrive/Genesis, then the lower bit, a MegaCD and then finally the top module, a 32X.

Those systems barely needed ventilation as they don't generate that much heat. The Sega CD maybe, but it was designed to work that way. There are vents in the back plus a metal plate that goes between the two units.

I never played much Sega growing up, just Paperboy and Sonic every once in a while on my cousin's Sega Gensis, so I have no opinion, but if that setup allows people to play the games they love to play then it sure is pretty.

I still have my playstation 1 and 2 and I still play them (because Spyro and Sly Cooper).

If you're a collector of retro gaming I know where you can get an Atari 2600 system AND a Coleco Gemini system AND just under 200 games all in really cool, retro 70s/early 80s genuine fake wood laminate display cases because I am now the proud owner of them after my mother dumped them on my doorstep.

What type of 2600 is it specifically? Does it work? It may be pretty valuable depending on the variables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter