Handicapped Parking and GAC question

wswhorselover

I'm finally a Mouseketeer! I have a Hidden Micke
When we travel to WDW we will be bringing my brother. He has MR with Autisitc tendencies and vision and hearing loss. Are reflective captioning devices free in the parks? Do you need to leave some sort of deposit? (license, credit card, etc.) Also we will be renting a car. Can we bring our handicap parking sticker from home? Finally, he cannot wait for long periods of time. We plan to use a lot of Fastpasses, but will a guest assistance card help us avoid some of the really long lines? We know it's not a "front of the line" pass and don't intend to use it as such.

I am typing on my iPod and can't do a long answer , but you should find the answers to all those questions in the disABilities Faqs thread near the top of this board

Definitely read FAQS.

You may use your Handicapped sticker, plates or plaque like at home. IF you have a plate then you may have to notify the parking CM as they might not see that you are disabled. You can park in the blue parking spaces with the sticker on your car. If you want you can use the valet parking for Disney owned resorts and Downtown Disney for free.

The GAC is for guests who are not in wheelchairs and ECVs. I get one just in case I meet a CM who wants one even if I do not need one. Sometimes it is faster but often the same or longer. The disabled entrance for a show allows the disabled guest a leisurely trip to their seat or wheelchair parking spot instead of being stampeded by guests. I have entered shows both ways and it is much easier the disabled way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter