Handicapped consideration planning

Or perhaps even offer to assist with the cost of an ECV, not.oay for it outright, but help a bit. It will save you a lot of headaches.
But if the Family member decided at the last minute to join YOU...is it up to you to make it work for them?
Only the OP knows that family member and what else they would demand...start as you mean to go on. Set appropriate boundaries.

But if the Family member decided at the last minute to join YOU...is it up to you to make it work for them?
Only the OP knows that family member and what else they would demand...start as you mean to go on. Set appropriate boundaries.

I understand @Evita_W's point though... Sometimes it's easier/better to offer a limited form of assistance (in this case, help pay for an ECV rental, rather than pushing a wheelchair) that will help preserve your own vacation and help keep the peace within a travel party.

I understand @Evita_W's point though... Sometimes it's easier/better to offer a limited form of assistance (in this case, help pay for an ECV rental, rather than pushing a wheelchair) that will help preserve your own vacation and help keep the peace within a travel party.
Exactly, especially if they are around the people on a regular basis when not on the trip. But ultimately only the OP can decide if it is worth it to them or not.

Having read too many stories about toxic family members that trample boundaries, I just urge you to examine previous behavior of this group and set boundaries accordingly.

Is it lovely Aunt Irene who always wanted to go to Disney and can barely afford it and needs a little help and you are glad to so?

or is it Aunt Edna who will say she "has to sleep in" but then you "have to push my wheelchair" so you must wait until she gets up and gets going and forces you to eat at cheap restaurants because you have to push her chair?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter