Handi Room OKW 3415

Nanajo1

DIS Veteran
Just back from a two week stay at OKW 3415 in a HA 1 BR. I did not request a handi room and got it because even though I had requested first floor for medical reasons I was assigned a second floor room. I spent the first night in my DS 1st fl 2BR The only 1st floor 1BR available the next day was the handi room. I thought a lot of the changes were more cosmetic than helpful. The door is heavy and hard to open from an ECV. I think they should have a power assist door. There is no garbage disposal due to the cut away under the sink but it was crowded for an ECV to get at the sink. The raised toilet is very high. I would have liked grab rails around the tub. There is a doorbell that is very loud and sets off a flashing light in the living room. Some of the things others have complained about didn’t bother me. The shower curtain was very long, it dragged on the floor. The shower did not flood. We didn’t miss the under sink storage in that bathroom. Generally, the room looked clean and in good shape but the sinks in the bathrooms drained very slowly, as did the tub. The fan in the master BR didn’t work and the whirlpool tub was broken. The side by side refrigerator had indoor ice and water dispensers that were gross. The stove had a burner that did not work and the oven racks would not slide. I did call and report all of the “problems” and most were fixed.
But I wonder how housekeeping could not notice the backed up sinks and the button broken off the tub. When the fan was fixed the dust that flew off it was amazing.
I don’t think I would accept a Handi room again. I said before that I only requested NS and 1st floor but I'm adding no HA room because don't laugh, the toilet was just too high!

I agree about the toilets. I wonder who decided the appropriate height?
My DD is baerly 5 feet tall and very unsteady if she can't have her feet on the floor. When we are in a bathroom with the raised seat toiles, I often have to stand in front of her and let her put her feet on top of my feet. Not the easiest way to use the bathroom.

My DB who is involved in building rehab told me that there is a range of 15 " to 19 ". It looks like Disney went for the max. We used the phone book as a step stool for our DGD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter