Handbag?

Disneychick75

DIS Veteran
Hi y'all, trying to decide on a handbag for our trip. Can't do backpacks due to spine problem. I want something lightweight. Any suggestions? Thanks!

At WDW I carry either a Coach or D & B crossbody bag. D & B has two crossbodies, one of which is big enough to hold everything and the other small enough for the parks. I typically bring 2-3 bags on a trip (or two and buy a new one!) Enjoy!

Hi y'all, trying to decide on a handbag for our trip. Can't do backpacks due to spine problem. I want something lightweight. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I do a wristlet, cross body or belt bag-Bagasak is a Canadian shop on Etsy. She makes absolutely lovely bags and I’m Pooh sized so she made the adjustable belt longer. i got one with several pockets so I can fit, pads, tissues, lip balm, money, keys and a hair clip inside. There is a clip for my pocket bac.

Last edited:

I use a crossbody bag due to back issues. I like that I can adjust it from one side to the other instead of having the weight in one place all day.

I have several bags to choose from, depending on the time of year and the weather. If I need to carry an umbrella and/or poncho, I have a cloth bag that has pockets on either side for water or umbrellas and a large, open main bag. It was discontinued a few years ago, but you can probably find a similar item. If it’s not rainy, I have a few smaller D&B and Coach crossbody bags that just hold the necessities (phone, wallet, hand wipes) and I just carry a water bottle or get water at QS.

I used to wear cargo shorts/pants and go bagless, but my phone is too big for the pockets and I hate carrying it in my hand. If you can find a way to go bagless, your back will thank you.

I use the Ameribag Healthy Back bag. Small is great for my needs- but you can find detail about the different sizes on the Ameribag website. I buy mine on Amazon.

I would avoid anything that is leather, it is heavier. Maybe Lug (good organization and they have some very cute Disney prints) or as someone else mentioned, Vera Bradley.

I appreciate all of your responses! Ended up buying a lightweight nylon bag with pockets. Have a feeling I'll be carrying our grandson's Magic Bands plus I must have my epi pens at all times due to my idiopathic anaphylaxis reactions. Bought the bag in lemon yellow because it's a happy color and Disney World is my happy place!

Another vote for a cross body bag. Look at travel bags. They tend to be lighter weight with nylon options. I have a PacSafe with expanding side pockets for bottles of water, pop, etc and a Travelon that is smaller. Both have safety features which are admittedly more necessary on travels other than to Disney.

I used to have a very tiny Coach cross body bag but it wore out.

I have multiplee Vera bradley sling bags, which I wear to the front. I have neck and shoulder issues and they are perfect.

To the OP, I have idiopathic uticaria, with sudden hives and it is a PITA. Our son had anaphylactic food allergies , and the epipens in the Fanny pack were attached to my body at all times

I have multiplee Vera bradley sling bags, which I wear to the front. I have neck and shoulder issues and they are perfect.

To the OP, I have idiopathic uticaria, with sudden hives and it is a PITA. Our son had anaphylactic food allergies , and the epipens in the Fanny pack were attached to my body at all times
Yep, definitely a PITA. Used to be afraid to go almost anywhere but have decided that was not the way to live my life. Mine started with food allergies but then one day out of nowhere, I had an anaphylaxis episode. Doc said it was idiopathic so basically any thing at any time can bring one on. Ugh

Yep, definitely a PITA. Used to be afraid to go almost anywhere but have decided that was not the way to live my life. Mine started with food allergies but then one day out of nowhere, I had an anaphylaxis episode. Doc said it was idiopathic so basically any thing at any time can bring one on. Ugh
So sorry. When my hives start I have basically 10 minutes for benedryl and cortisone, or I will have permanent patterning on my arms. The upside is I am a Disney expert because when my son was little, Disney was the ONLY safe place to vacation. As I’m sure you know, the people in the first aids are fabulous.

Back to the original question, the VB sling bags can go over your shoulder crossbody , then across your front, which is a better distribution for me than conventional cross bodys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter