Hand Luggage !!

drennan

Disney Nutter - Looking for FUN !!!! Life is what
Hello All !!! Hope everyone has the Friday feeling, just going through my checklists at the moment (even though I'm not going until October) and working out what I need for hand luggage. I will be travelling with my DH and 2 DS, 1 will only be 21 months old when we go so therefore I will need a bit for him alone.

The question I need answering is "Are they still strict with hand luggage since Sept 11th" ? or do they allow you to take some items ?

We will be flying with Delta by the way !!

Any feedback would be helpfull. Thanx in advance !!!

:p :p :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :p :p

hand luggage is back to normal, although it is more carefully checked and you can't take anything sharp onboard.

You should be allowed 1 carry-on bag and 1 handbag or briefcase for each person, (except your son who is under 2, if he is sitting on your knee.)

Bev

we are now thinking about using the twilight checkin and i have been asked to find out what things are allowed in hand luggage

i've had an e-mail from virgin since with the following info:

The following items must NOT be carried as hand baggage:

TOY OR REPLICA GUNS (PLASTIC OR METAL)
CATAPULTS
HOUSEHOLD CUTLERY
KNIVES WITH BLADES OF ANY LENGTH
PAPER KNIVES
RAZOR BLADES
TRADESMEN'S TOOLS
DARTS
SCISSORS
HYPODERMIC SYRINGES
(MEDICAL CASES THAT NEED TO INJECT THEMSELVES (E.G. DIABETICS)
DURING FLIGHT ARE PERMITTED TO CARRY SYRINGES IN THE CABIN. THEY DO
HAVE TO PRODUCE MEDICAL EVIDENCE WHEN THEY CHECK IN AND SHOULD BE
KEPT WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES. (A DOCTORS LETTER WILL SUFFICE))
KNITTING NEEDLES
SPORTING BATS
BILLIARD, SNOOKER, POOL CUES

Thanx guys, that really helps !!! I can get cracking now on what should go in what bag.

:p :p :p

A while ago, you were supposed to pack all electrical items, batteries, etc in your hand luggage; does anyone know if this is still the case, or can you pack electrical items in hold baggage?

Some security personnel will also not allow you to carry tweezers or nail clippers in your hand luggage. I have since checked on the FAA website and it specifically says that these are okay, but are you going to argue with security personnel??? So to avoid being detained (or the full body, rubber glove search...), I just pack them in my checked baggage.

Bizarrely enough (although I doubt this will help anyeone), you also cannot carry christmas crackers in your hand luggage: so I found out whilst going to LA to visit relatives one Christmas....

Boo

I flew to Dublin recently and had to take DH's electric razor out of the hand luggage and put it in the suitcase.

Are aerosols ok in suitcases?

Libby

Just back from Florida.

Flying Continental we had no problem with hand luggage we had two bags and a rucksack. They were all Xrayed but not once were we made to open them. No sharp items though!!

We came back with all sorts of strange things in our bags.

We noticed that the Americans had huge amounts of hand luggage with them. One guy had a hard sided suitcase, a large holdall and a rucksack - all as hand luggage - and nobody batted an eyelid (apart from us!).

We need to carry both DW's [ Diane's ] Epi-Pens with us as hand luggage so we will seek a letter from Doctor ASAP.
They are Auto injector pens of adrenaline .

Thankyou.
As we don't want any hickups @ airports.

Kev

How about round edged scissors in first aid kit ? they are a no no I suppose ?

Any scissors are a no no... Good idea about getting a doctor's note for the injector pens - otherwise you might have some problems...

Yes, Americans make the most of carry-on luggage: most people try to carry everything on, so they don't have to check any baggage (means easier check-in and no baggage claim). Some people's carry-ons seem not too much bigger than my full sized suit case! (Makes you angry when there is no overhead bin space for your little carry-on racksack.... :mad: ). Business class passengers get a bigger carry on allowance too, i.e. for Virgin:
- Economy/Premium Economy: 1 piece of hand luggage (9x14x22 inches) max of 6kg. Two pieces of checked luggage each weighing no more than 32kgs.
- UC: 2 pieces of hand lugage (9x14x12inches) combined weight not more than 16kg. Three pieces of checked baggage each wieghing no more than 40kg.

Can you tell me how anyone can exceed their luggage allowance returning froma holiday (you seem to see it on programmes linke "airport"/"airline")??? Husband and I have one suitcase each (which only wieghs about 25kg each).... Some people must buy half or Orlando...

Boo

Blimey - more than Virgin's UC!

Hhhmmm, moral of the story is - if you are flying peasant class on Continental, "don't habg around when bording the plane" (if everyone took advantage of Continental's generous carry-on baggage policy, the overhead bins will fill up VERY quickly!).

Boo

Correct

Originally posted by Boo Boo Too
Blimey - more than Virgin's UC!

Hhhmmm, moral of the story is - if you are flying peasant class on Continental, "don't habg around when bording the plane" (if everyone took advantage of Continental's generous carry-on baggage policy, the overhead bins will fill up VERY quickly!).

Boo

That was a problem on an internal flight we took. The lockers were bulging. In fact one opened during take off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter