Halloweentime is over, hope you all had fun! Until next year....TTFN!

Hello!! I'm back from vacation and I think the front page is all updated now. If I missed anyone just let me know. :thumbsup2

Cute pics too!! I added links to them on the front page. :cool1:

Thought I'd let everyone know that we were at the party last Friday the 17th. The first thing we did was Toy Story. 2 times in a row, cuz no one was there yet! :banana: Shortly aftr it started to fill up. We then went Trick or Treating, and on the other rides. Even though the lines going into DCA to the party looked scary, there really wasn't anybody on the rides. We walked on everything. The biggest lines were for candy and Toy Story. Dancing as fun and all the costumes were fabulous!!!

My biggest complaint is the timing of the party. My grandsons fell asleep too soon, and missed alot of fun.:sad1: I wish they could start it earlier. But I realize that it would be hard to do. They'd have to kick everyone out of DCA really early, in order for them to get ready. As far as I know, WDW never closes things down. They just start kicking people out without special wristbands. Can anyone elaborate on that?

As far as I know, WDW never closes things down. They just start kicking people out without special wristbands. Can anyone elaborate on that?
We did the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in October of 2006 and you are correct, they never fully shut down.

If you have tickets for the party, you are supposed to check in and get a wrist band. They even let you check in early. I think it was supposed to start at 6 and we checked in at 4 or so and were able to get in early using our MNSSHP tix.

They have tons of CMs walking around looking for wrist bands and if you don't have one, they'll ask you to leave. And I believe they won't let you on whatever rides are left open for the party.
It wasn't the best system though and I think since then they've made some changes. Not sure what though.

I will say the night we went to MNSSHP it was a zoo. Made the MToT party look empty by comparision. You could not move. They have special Halloween fireworks that were awesome. And of course their parade is the wonderful. It starts off with the headless horseman riding down the street. So cool!

I doubt I'll ever be in WDW for Halloween again, but if I was I still probably wouldn't do the party. Too busy. I wish DCA would expand their parade/calvacade to be more like the MNSSHP one.

We did the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in October of 2006 and you are correct, they never fully shut down.

If you have tickets for the party, you are supposed to check in and get a wrist band. They even let you check in early. I think it was supposed to start at 6 and we checked in at 4 or so and were able to get in early using our MNSSHP tix.

They have tons of CMs walking around looking for wrist bands and if you don't have one, they'll ask you to leave. And I believe they won't let you on whatever rides are left open for the party.
It wasn't the best system though and I think since then they've made some changes. Not sure what though.

I will say the night we went to MNSSHP it was a zoo. Made the MToT party look empty by comparision. You could not move. They have special Halloween fireworks that were awesome. And of course their parade is the wonderful. It starts off with the headless horseman riding down the street. So cool!

I doubt I'll ever be in WDW for Halloween again, but if I was I still probably wouldn't do the party. Too busy. I wish DCA would expand their parade/calvacade to be more like the MNSSHP one.
You know, maybe someday they will jazz it up more. Especially the headless horseman. How cool! As far as fireworks go..........I don't think DCA could do them. But, how about the new "World of Color" water show with all of the famous villain songs choreographed to them? Right now the song from "Fantasia" is coming to mind.
Dum de, dum de, dum,
dum dum dum,
dum de, dum de, dum..............And the fountains go up every time with the beat.............Wouldn't that be awesome?? And in color?? :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: You know what I'm talking about, like Bellagio's. :love:

One of my friends from another board just got back from WDW. They went to the party. I'll have to ask her what they did about wristbands and stuff.

You know, maybe someday they will jazz it up more. Especially the headless horseman. How cool! As far as fireworks go..........I don't think DCA could do them. But, how about the new "World of Color" water show with all of the famous villain songs choreographed to them? Right now the song from "Fantasia" is coming to mind.
Dum de, dum de, dum,
dum dum dum,
dum de, dum de, dum..............And the fountains go up every time with the beat.............Wouldn't that be awesome?? And in color?? :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: You know what I'm talking about, like Bellagio's. :love:

One of my friends from another board just got back from WDW. They went to the party. I'll have to ask her what they did about wristbands and stuff.
Yeah, see what she says. Maybe they do it different now.

I wouldn't mind not seeing any fireworks, but I honestly don't know why they can't do a longer parade. :confused3 The little one they did was so cute, why not expand on that? Oh well. Perhaps they will at some point.

A world of color show would be really cool too. I'm scared to see how much more crowded it would make it though!! :eek: :rotfl:

Here is a link to the parade with the headless horseman if you are curious to see some of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkwavQno3Q

Yeah, see what she says. Maybe they do it different now.

I wouldn't mind not seeing any fireworks, but I honestly don't know why they can't do a longer parade. :confused3 The little one they did was so cute, why not expand on that? Oh well. Perhaps they will at some point.

A world of color show would be really cool too. I'm scared to see how much more crowded it would make it though!! :eek: :rotfl:

Here is a link to the parade with the headless horseman if you are curious to see some of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkwavQno3Q
Well that put DCA's to shame. Geesh! :sad2:

DCA needs to get with it. Of course the more it has, the busier it gets!! :guilty:

Well that put DCA's to shame. Geesh! :sad2:

DCA needs to get with it. Of course the more it has, the busier it gets!! :guilty:

Yeah, lol, it kind of does. But as you said, the more they offer, the more people it will attract so it's good and bad.

Did you see the Blue Sky Cellar preview? (or whatever it was called)
It was so cool to see it all, but honestly, at the same time, I couldn't help but thinking how CROWDED it was going to make both parks once it's all done!!! :scared1:

Right now, DCA is our escape park. When DL is too crowded, we can usually hop over to DCA for a break. Kwim? It's usually not as bad. But once all those changes take effect, it will be a whole different story.

Maybe we'll wait until 2013 to go back........when all they hype has died down. :laughing:

\

Did you see the Blue Sky Cellar preview? (or whatever it was called)
It was so cool to see it all, but honestly, at the same time, I couldn't help but thinking how CROWDED it was going to make both parks once it's all done!!! :scared1:

Right now, DCA is our escape park. When DL is too crowded, we can usually hop over to DCA for a break. Kwim? It's usually not as bad. But once all those changes take effect, it will be a whole different story.

I feel the exact same way, Beth. BLEH!! :headache:

After the near fiasco of DH accidentally buying first WDW MNSSHP tickets instead of MToT :eek: We are now going to MToT on Oct 29th!!!! I will be in costume and making DH dress up some too!

I was so looking forward to the fruit leather (or smooshed fruit) that some people were talking about, but apparently they are not handing that out any more as one of the treats. Instead we got this funky dried Asian pear thing - has a texture kind of like cardboard - sweet cardboard :lmao: Oh well...... Did get Ghirardelli though - yummy!

Hi guys, it's me again, :P
So today is the day!!
Anyone else going today??
If so look for an Aquaman and a crazy Alice, heh heh
I was just telling my boyfriend that the rides have shorter lines and there are dance parties...he's excited...hehe
I'll be sure to take photos and post them.

I'll be looking for Aquaman and a crazy Alice!!! We'll be there tonight!

Here's what we'll be dressed as:

me: 50's poodle skirt wearing gal
DS3: Eyeore
2 year old niece: a little devil
my sister: I dont know yet......maybe a geisha!

I'll see you there and report back tomorrow!

I was so looking forward to the fruit leather (or smooshed fruit) that some people were talking about, but apparently they are not handing that out any more as one of the treats. Instead we got this funky dried Asian pear thing - has a texture kind of like cardboard - sweet cardboard :lmao: Oh well...... Did get Ghirardelli though - yummy!
Same here. No kinky fruit leather for us. Only dried pears. Ick. LOL

Hi guys, it's me again, :P
So today is the day!!
Anyone else going today??
If so look for an Aquaman and a crazy Alice, heh heh
I was just telling my boyfriend that the rides have shorter lines and there are dance parties...he's excited...hehe
I'll be sure to take photos and post them.
HAVE FUN!!!! :yay:

I'll be looking for Aquaman and a crazy Alice!!! We'll be there tonight!

Here's what we'll be dressed as:

me: 50's poodle skirt wearing gal
DS3: Eyeore
2 year old niece: a little devil
my sister: I dont know yet......maybe a geisha!

I'll see you there and report back tomorrow!
HAVE A GREAT TIME!! :banana:

Meh...boyfriend will be late...I'll be with my sister and her boyfriend...they are dressing up as H2O...don't know what they'll look like though...lol

We were there Oct 17 and it was so much fun!

You can easily do everything without rushing!

Did EVERY treat stop and trick or treat trail with many twice.

Did Toy story mania twice (first time was midway through party, 15 minute wait, second time was at very end of party 30 - 35 minutes), did mulholland madness 4 times (i think they sped it up it was so fast!) with literally no wait. Most rides we saw had no wait. Soarin took about 6 minutes.

Saw the cavalcade which was cute. Went to all the dance parties, took pictures with ugly stepsisters, maleficent, buzz, army men.

Even had enough time to sit down with dinner!

You get tons of candy if you wait until the end of the night (about 15 minutes after closing) and head out by the front they pass out all the leftover candy in huge handfuls. Filled a bag and a half!

It was so much fun and well worth it! Dressing up and seeing all the costumes was the best part!

:woohoo: I'll be leaving soon!! I'm so excited! I'll be going as Mulan. I have friends who will be going as Jasmin, Belle, (Sultan) Jafar, Wall-E, Mad Hatter and Minnie.. just to name a few :goodvibes yay!!!

We are leaving very early in the morning and our MTOT Party is on Tuesday the 28th....woo hooo :woohoo: for one more sleep.... Like we will actually leep tonight...lol

After a horrible day of traveling yesterday. We left where we live at 5 pm our time and we're 2 hrs ahead of CA we got into LAX after 1 am LA time (3 am our time). By the time we got to the hotel and to bed it was 2:30 or (4:30 our time and we had been up since 6 am the day before). Our DS went to school for part of the day before we signed him out to head to CA.

I am so looking forward to tonight after what we went through yesterday. DH and I will not be in costume (don't have that much suitcase space). However, our DS will most likely be the only one there in an Indianapolis Colts football uniform. So for the DIS'ers looking for other DIS'ers - just look for the kid in the football uniform and we won't be too far behind. He won't have a helmet - I was not packing that. However he will be sporting a Colts baseball cap - the exact same one the players wear while they're sitting on the sidelinds.

Can't wait to have fun tonight!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter