HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the hours for 9/9. It also shows that HM and SM aren't closed anymore. There aren't any real updates as far as details but the Happy Haunts tour is listed if you go under tours.

Entertainment has not been updated, but the rumors have it looking a little thin.

We all know Fantasmic is dark. Rumors have it PTN and Pixar Play Parade could be dark. Fantasy in the Sky is supposed to be the fireworks, but it could just be weekend non party days. No word on which version of WOC will be showing.

They've added Mickey's Soundsational Parade under entertainment, but no PTN or Fireworks :(

It looks like the Happy Haunts tour is a morning thing now and a tour of HM. I was really excited to do it for the first time but now, I'm not so sure. I LOVE HM but I need more details to know if I want to spend $85 for a behind the scenes tour. Unless I get an up close of the Hatbox ghost! Lol

I saw the earlier times which I thought was weird (halloween in the sunshine?) but it is curious that its now a HM themed tour. I too am super excited to see what the new tour brings! We are going to do it but not until the end of Oct. It will be interesting to see what the reviews are:) Don't forget the disney visa/debit card holders do get a discount.

Thank you for the super thread! We have tickets for October 19th and I'm so excited! My mom and I are surprising my twin daughters with this trip and keeping it from them has been SO hard! I love seeing the pictures people have posted of past years. Now I've just got to get my girls to decide on their costumes a little early. :tinker:

They always carry some Halloween items throughout the year, e.g. princess dresses, Star Wars costumes, NBC things, etc. I just did a search for "Halloween" and found 4 pages of related items. Are you looking for something specific?

We just bought our tickets to MHP today. This will be our first time going at Halloween time so we are excited. I gave DD (7) the choice of having an 8th birthday party and inviting friends and such (birthdays in Sept) or going to MHP in DL instead. She chose MHP so we are going on 10/29. Our neighbors have two girls close in age with my DD and they are going that day as well.

Any tips from those who have been before? I really don't know much about the MHP so I have a lot of reading up to do I'm sure. Did we make a mistake going on the Sat before Halloween or are they all pretty much the same?

Not all parties are the same. That party will most likely sell out. I would expect it to be very crowded since it is on the Saturday before Halloween. As long as you are organized and flexible, you should have a great time. If you read the first few pages of this super thread, you'll get lots of helpful info regarding Halloween Time and MHP.

They always carry some Halloween items throughout the year, e.g. princess dresses, Star Wars costumes, NBC things, etc. I just did a search for "Halloween" and found 4 pages of related items. Are you looking for something specific?
Specifically the shirts for kids.

We just bought our tickets to MHP today. This will be our first time going at Halloween time so we are excited. I gave DD (7) the choice of having an 8th birthday party and inviting friends and such (birthdays in Sept) or going to MHP in DL instead. She chose MHP so we are going on 10/29. Our neighbors have two girls close in age with my DD and they are going that day as well.

Any tips from those who have been before? I really don't know much about the MHP so I have a lot of reading up to do I'm sure. Did we make a mistake going on the Sat before Halloween or are they all pretty much the same?

How fun!! I think your daughter made the right choice! ;)

• The parties have a set amount of tickets that they sell (which is significantly less than regular park hours). While it may be busy for a Halloween party, there will be significantly less people than during regular park hours.
  • If you want to do trick or treating, line up at a treat trail early so that you get a head start.
  • If you want to see fireworks and the parade, choose a location for the parade that is close to the castle. They do parade/fireworks pretty closely back-to-back, so once the parade goes by, you will be allowed to stand to see the fireworks near the castle.
  • We don't have experience with rides during the party (we're too busy with the other festivities), I've been told that the wait times are lower than during regular hours.
  • There is usually a dance party in Tomorrowland that your daughter might like. Last year it was a Monster's University themed dance party, and they were playing fun music.

The parties are so much fun!! :)

Is Stitch typically present during MHP?

I've never seen him but that's not to say that he won't be there. We've been twice now and didn't notice him at all.

We purchased our tickets for the party! We're going on Halloween again and can't wait!! Last year the future hubby and I went the week before Halloween, just the two of us and had a great time but this time the kids will be with us again, plus some family and friends! Can't wait!

That being said, we're pretty bummed PTN isn't going to be on during our stay. We're there from Oct 30-Nov 5 and were so hoping to see PTN with the kids.

• The parties have a set amount of tickets that they sell (which is significantly less than regular park hours). While it may be busy for a Halloween party, there will be significantly less people than during regular park hours...
Note that the set amount of tickets differs for each party, so a sold out weekday party will be less crowded than a sold out weekend or holiday party.

Is Stitch typically present during MHP?

We got pictures with him last year. He was by TLT.

Specifically the shirts for kids.

Sign up for the DisneyStore.com email list. They send out emails at least once a day highlighting new products and promotions. That way you'll get an email announcing when the Halloween apparel is available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that the set amount of tickets differs for each party, so a sold out weekday party will be less crowded than a sold out weekend or holiday party.

May I ask how it is that you have this information? I was under the impression that Disney did not release the number of tickets sold for a party.

May I ask how it is that you have this information? I was under the impression that Disney did not release the number of tickets sold for a party.

You are correct that Disney does not release the exact number of tickets sold/comped for each party. However, I have asked numerous CMs (including management) and have been told by them and by sources at TDA that there is no one fixed number for all parties, e.g. 20,000 tickets total for each and every party, period. The number varies according to different factors, e.g. weekday?, weekend?, holiday?, convention weekend?, comped tickets?, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter