HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mickey head pumpkin is a photopass spot :) He's smiling on one side and winking on the other so make sure and get a photo on both sides!!

Moving over to the new thread! Thanks for all the great info. We just purchased tickets yesterday for our first-ever Halloween party on the last night of our first-ever trip to Disneyland! SOOO excited.

I❤MICKEY;45519102 said:
They arrived in the mail today. :banana: Very strange that it took so long.

Glad you finally got them and there weren't any problems!

We are thinking of attending the first Halloween party September 28. What's that one usually like? Super busy? I ask because we haven't bought tickets in hopes that we might be able to do the Happiest Haunts Ultimate Experience, but those dates/tickets aren't released until 30 days prior so we need to wait.

Anyone with younger kids done the Happiest Haunts tour? It sounds really neat. He's tall enough to do all the rides I saw mentioned, though I'm not sure if he'll go for Tower of Terror. (Frankly, not sure I'll go for Tower of Terror, as I am big wuss.)

Wow, Sherry, this is awesome! Thank you!

I put a lot of time and effort into my threads - a lot of details, a lot of organizational stuff

You do and it's amazeballs. I really appreciate it!! :hug:

The mickey head pumpkin is a photopass spot :) He's smiling on one side and winking on the other so make sure and get a photo on both sides!!

I never realized this and I know that I had photos taken on both sides. I have to have another look at my photos from last year.

Corinna

Awesome, will do! It's sad I didn't get too many "Halloween-ish" photos in 2007 so I am amping up my list of must get photos!

Here are the two sides of the big Mickey pumpkin:

Photo0004FourBySix.jpg

Photo0467FourBySix.jpg

Corinna

I wanted to get your input on costume ideas...
DD and I were Maleficent and Aurora last year. At first, she said she wanted to dress like that again. With the release of Brave though, she is really thinking Merida is the way to go. I have already purchased the Disney Resort dress at a great price on ebay and purchased the bow, arrow and quiver set from the Disney Store this weekend. My dilemma is whether to get the wig or not. DD has very long, curly hair. She could pull off Merida with her own hair, and I could use the spray color to make it orange/red. But...do I want to deal with getting the color out of her hair on the first night of our Disney trip?
I hope Disney puts out a Queen Elinor costume so we can be themed..if she decides to go the Merida route ~ DH will not dress up at this time:eek:

Another option for me that I am thinking of is like a punk rock Minnie Mouse. I have these super cute Minnie ears with a houndstooth pattern with some hot pink and zippers. It even has a button with a Minnie skull in crossbones on it. I was thinking of getting (or making) a pink off the shoulder t-shirt with white polka dots...maybe a leather jacket...and then I get lost on what else I could do with it...Any suggestions?

What a great thread, has our family super excited for our mid-October trip that is coming up!!!!

do kids dress up throughout the season? We are going sept 30-Oct3 so DS would be so excited to dress up!

I wanted to get your input on costume ideas...
DD and I were Maleficent and Aurora last year. At first, she said she wanted to dress like that again. With the release of Brave though, she is really thinking Merida is the way to go. I have already purchased the Disney Resort dress at a great price on ebay and purchased the bow, arrow and quiver set from the Disney Store this weekend. My dilemma is whether to get the wig or not. DD has very long, curly hair. She could pull off Merida with her own hair, and I could use the spray color to make it orange/red. But...do I want to deal with getting the color out of her hair on the first night of our Disney trip?
I hope Disney puts out a Queen Elinor costume so we can be themed..if she decides to go the Merida route ~ DH will not dress up at this time:eek:

Queen Elinor would be GREAT! I don't think you absolutely need a Disney costume...I think you could do pretty well if you found the right Ren Faire/Medieval costume.

Does your DD tolerate wigs well? I don't think one would be very comfortable, though it would look nice. From your signature, I'm assuming she's at that age where if she's not comfortable, she may get a bit whiny. Or is her hair very light-colored? The only spray I've used came out of my brown hair very easily (on my shoulders during the day, inside my car, etc.) and pretty much came out through the course of a normal shampooing. Have you had less luck?

Your Minnie Mouse idea is very cool too, but I love themes. Though if your DH would dress in theme with you as Minnie, maybe you should do that. :) I personally envision a solid shirt/jacket (or a bodice would be super-cute) and a very poofy short polka-dotted skirt. A quick image search seems to indicate someone might sell the latter if you can't make it, or I'm sure someone at Etsy could do it.

do kids dress up throughout the season? We
are going sept 30-Oct3 so DS would be so excited to dress up!

Kids up to 9 can (and do) dress as characters all year around. In years past, I think they let kids up to 12 dress up during Halloweentime outside of party hours, but I couldn't find any reference to that this year.

My dilemma is whether to get the wig or not. DD has very long, curly hair. She could pull off Merida with her own hair, and I could use the spray color to make it orange/red. But...do I want to deal with getting the color out of her hair on the first night of our Disney trip?

My DD has light hair and we sprayed her hair black one year. What a mess! It got everywhere when we put it on and then it came off on the clothes she wore (on the shoulders). Also after all that the black color wasn't even all that dark, it looked more grey. Maybe that was user error though. I wouldn't recommend dealing with the mess while on vacation.

:cool1: I know what I am planning on buying THIS year that I missed out on last year because they were sold out is THE MICKEY GHOST popcorn bucket! I want two of them and will use them as Halloween decorations in my home! :cool1:

Thanks for the feedback eeeeeva and Laura ~
I will probably opt for the wig over the spray. DD was Jessie for Halloween night (she was Aurora at a Halloween party we went to), and wore a yarn wig without problem. I just put her hair in a couple french braids, and it was easy to place the wig.
Now I need to get going on Queen Elinor or my Minnie Mouse outfit. DH bought the Boba Fett hat at Star Trader...he said he is going to wear that for now.

Thanks for the feedback eeeeeva and Laura ~
I will probably opt for the wig over the spray. DD was Jessie for Halloween night (she was Aurora at a Halloween party we went to), and wore a yarn wig without problem. I just put her hair in a couple french braids, and it was easy to place the wig.
Now I need to get going on Queen Elinor or my Minnie Mouse outfit. DH bought the Boba Fett hat at Star Trader...he said he is going to wear that for now.

I think you made a good choice here with the wig! My first thought when reading that you were considering the spray was...what happens if it rains?? Ugh, could you imagine all that mess all over her cute costume??:sad2: And for anyone that says it won't rain....let me tell you that it does indeed rain in SoCal in the fall. Although chances are slim but why risk it, kwim?;)

And to the other poster, asking if kids dress up...YES! Although I will say that it's usually little girls dressed as princesses that I see. And this is really all throughout the year and not just at Halloween.

For my DS, I always make him some special t-shirts for our trip. That way he's "halfway" dressed up & much more comfortable. And maybe it's just my DS, but he's not all that thrilled about wearing a full costume when it's not Halloween.

I found some great Disney Halloween themed t-shirts on Etsy. Super cute and affordable!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter