Halloween Weekend Just Hubby & I ~ Completed

wdwrule

DIS Veteran
This quick trip was just hubby and I. I have to say, it’s very nice to do this now and then. Good to reconnect and feel like we’re young-ins dating again :laughing:😍

We stayed at Aventura in a king room. It was very nice. Nothing luxurious but we are park opening to almost park closing kind of people. We typically use the room to sleep and shower, especially during quick weekend trips.

A8D60CF7-568B-49BF-8527-08B758DF7203.jpeg

F16315FF-E536-48C1-9D9F-FB5104C26385.jpeg

51EFCBB4-14A2-4EDF-BAC9-13A13018CCD2.jpeg

The unexpected view of Volcano Bay was so pretty at night! This hotel is very reasonably priced, especially with an AP discount. We’ve stayed here before and every time we've encountered wonderful service. We also love the convenience of Starbucks in the morning (right in the lobby), great quick service options, easy walk to the parks and the texting feature to check out and request toiletries/towels (which is option at any UO resort). The lobby and decor, to us, is not a wow factor at all compared to other UO resorts we’ve stayed at but for the price it’s awesome!

Coming up… after a late Friday night arrival we were up and at ‘em for an early morning Saturday full of fun!

Besides having fun, I had two main goals outside of rides… seeing the Death Eaters in Hogsmeade and revisiting Dead Coconut Club. Daughter and I had a blast during the last trip at Dead Coconut Club so I wanted to do it all again. I also heard that monsters were visiting and they either weren’t doing this previously or we just had missed them. We also missed the roaming Death Eaters last trip by a few hours due to catching our return flight.

But first, we needed a quick breakfast on our way to our fave, Velocicoaster. We entered the park around 8:15am and tried the breakfast sandwich inside of IoA at Cinnabon. This was really yummy. In fact, hubby and I split it and it was enough to hold us over until lunch. I think it was only around $5 too. We still had our Starbucks beverages in hand from the Aventura lobby. Hubby had Americano and I had chai tea with a little almond milk in it. As we ate on the go, we got in line for “more teeth” around 8:30 and posted time was surprisingly 65 minutes which was odd at that time. When we entered the queue I saw it would definitely not be 65 minutes and it ended up being only 25 minutes total. Phew!

I’m pretty sure Hagrid’s was delayed as it often is during early admission hour. We never got on it this trip because the wait time was oddly 120 minutes or more throughout the day. Usually it dips down during early afternoon, even during weekends but this weekend, it held steady around 120. I’m sure we’ll hit it up next month though.

We then got on Hogwarts Express which we walked right on to head over to Studios. I love Studios in the morning… so calm and quiet!

We got on Mummy with only a 10 min. wait. We were so pleased that the animatronic (Imhotep) at the beginning was working! Last month we were grateful to get on it finally from the refurb but this part was just a projection which was understood since it was in (and still is) technical rehearsal stage. Love this ride… Although it’s still very rough with abrupt stops in certain parts of the ride. Maybe they’re still working on that part. Either way, love it!

We then walked right onto Gringott’s via SR line. This might be my favorite HP ride as far as feeling immersed. Then cruised on MiB twice.

After a bit we were getting hungry and craved some Red Oven Bakery pizza on Citywalk. So… after each of us purchasing The Perfect Margarita from the little bar hut outside of Margaritaville, we walked them over to Red Oven and ordered margherita pizza and Caesar salad to split. Haha margarita kind of day! This pizza was so good!

1F26740B-DC3D-4D50-AE81-4083C79B02C9.jpeg

Nice crispy crust with fresh ingredients. I’m
sure there’s better pizza out there but this was darn good. We had a blast eating this outside at the bar type table and did some great people watching. The weather was gorgeous or we would’ve been inside. It was sunny with hardly any humidity and not a drop of rain the entire weekend.

Next, we headed back to Studios to visit the Tribute Store and enjoy more rides. I just love the seasonal Tribute Store! So much talent and creativity goes into it!

02045ACE-EEF1-4057-9C8B-0B8F2FAE402D.jpeg

92BDBE60-FE46-458F-9D88-0C5FB10B2B30.jpeg

7EBDAC85-118C-4B1E-AAC1-C05443FE0469.jpeg

14EED4FA-E29F-41CC-9C94-7798DF53C280.jpeg

I was so ecstatic to see Casper in the mix!! I have fond memories of waking up early on Saturday mornings, grabbing some Capn Crunch, and watching the Casper cartoons. I just loved his friendly innocent personality. Haha I remember one year I dressed up as him to go trick or treating. I can just feel the sweat and condensation in that little plastic mask!

After this I remember going on ET and Transformers. Autobots, roll out! That’s a rough ride, but I actually don’t mind it as it makes me feel like I’m literally in the events.

To be continued…

This quick trip was just hubby and I. I have to say, it’s very nice to do this now and then. Good to reconnect and feel like we’re young-ins dating again :laughing:😍

We stayed at Aventura in a king room. It was very nice. Nothing luxurious but we are park opening to almost park closing kind of people. We typically use the room to sleep and shower, especially during quick weekend trips.

The unexpected view of Volcano Bay was so pretty at night! This hotel is very reasonably priced, especially with an AP discount. We’ve stayed here before and every time we've encountered wonderful service. We also love the convenience of Starbucks in the morning (right in the lobby), great quick service options, easy walk to the parks and the texting feature to check out and request toiletries/towels (which is option at any UO resort). The lobby and decor, to us, is not a wow factor at all compared to other UO resorts we’ve stayed at but for the price it’s awesome!

Coming up… after a late Friday night arrival we were up and at ‘em for an early morning Saturday full of fun!

I‘am along for your report. Great start and photos.

I have never stayed at Aventura, but when I stay at Sapphire Falls I do go over and get my coffee fix at Starbucks. The lobby is so nice and big.

I have had the fruit bowel in the dining area for breakfast and it is very fresh and delicious.

Nice pictures of your room. The view of Volcano Bay with the lights on at night are awesome.

Nice crispy crust with fresh ingredients. I’m
sure there’s better pizza out there but this was darn good. We had a blast eating this outside at the bar type table and did some great people watching. The weather was gorgeous or we would’ve been inside. It was sunny with hardly any humidity and not a drop of rain the entire weekend.
Pizza looks yummy.

Next, we headed back to Studios to visit the Tribute Store and enjoy more rides. I just love the seasonal Tribute Store! So much talent and creativity goes into it!

They always do a nice job with the Tribute Store. Nice photos.

I‘am along for your report. Great start and photos.

I have never stayed at Aventura, but when I stay at Sapphire Falls I do go over and get my coffee fix at Starbucks. The lobby is so nice and big.

I have had the fruit bowel in the dining area for breakfast and it is very fresh and delicious.

Nice pictures of your room. The view of Volcano Bay with the lights on at night are awesome.

Pizza looks yummy.

They always do a nice job with the Tribute Store. Nice photos.
Thanks so much! I do love the overall feel of Sapphire Falls better than Aventura but we’ve grown to appreciate what Aventura has to offer. Yes their fruit bowls are so fresh and delicious. I usually get their huge oatmeal bowls and top it with fresh fruit, granola and a little bit of yogurt. So good and at a great price!

I also love the small footprint of Aventura. One quick elevator ride to the room. We’re staying there again soon.

Thanks again!!

After a bit, we found ourselves people watching and relaxing outside at the Backwater bar. So nice to slow down now and then and take a break.

Then, Cat in the hat and walked through some stores. Christmas is my favorite holiday and it was so nice to see some of the decorations around.
C8945B49-935F-4830-852D-8900D0EFF688.jpeg

6FB87F34-8039-43F4-9B29-4F9BA103DB34.jpeg

96689B3E-EBC1-417D-84A3-612999D8BF8A.jpeg

Yet at the same time, it was still enjoyable seeing Halloween decor.

E13B7F05-AA9E-4043-9DEB-6EB9DA78C6C4.jpeg

CE413FBC-7D7D-42FB-A288-85462E0F36A1.jpeg

2401E343-0E76-48D0-92C7-ED4A5B420883.jpeg

Then I couldn’t resist a triple/deathly hallows at Hogshead.

A3C26D42-B42C-428F-95FD-65872D3B4940.jpeg

Then we went to Confisco’s last minute upstairs in the AP lounge. We had some of their refreshing Sangria, yummy ahi nachos and chicken quesadilla. Service was very slow today but it happens from time to time anywhere.

2C0D2D2F-49CC-47B9-8E01-DD3B5585DB27.jpeg

E59BCE83-0A52-4200-817B-287BA14C2C0D.jpeg

To be continued…

Last edited:
Crowds were not too, too bad but as I mentioned Hagrid’s was high all day and had 2 delays this morning.

Shortly after dinner, we headed over to Hogsmeade to check out the long-awaited Death Eaters! Beforehand though, we got on Hulk which we rarely never do. We hadn’t ridden this in a long time due to it feeling very rough but we decided to give it another chance and used our after 4:00 EP.

I love the music and the whole concept but man is it rough. I’ll probably get on it again but not every trip. Definitely not a must do for us.

Ok Death Eaters though… phenomenal! The whole atmosphere was eerie and because they wandered, you never knew when one would approach you. So cool!

F5EF2824-DAC8-4FAF-8EB5-B0FA7C51F672.jpeg

We then decided to head to Dead Coconut Club :cloud9:

Saw this along the way…
BC883D14-309E-4936-9C08-DDD62F8D69A7.jpeg

We visited Dead Coconut Club last trip but this trip, the monsters were there!! I saw Dracula from the top level.
52406524-4531-4BDF-BAE5-7C18EB0F0A3D.jpeg

Frankenstein and Bride also wandered around and interacted with guests. They were very amusing! At one point Frankenstein sat down and Bride beckoned him to get up and move along the party. He begrudgingly got back up to move along. So adorable and funny!

8F78FFEA-8125-4C67-9143-062A88DE42F8.jpeg

0D2E656C-94FC-49B6-B65F-70D2AF0CA8AE.jpeg

They were all just fabulous!

More pics inside…
4D68BB68-BDF3-4A95-A7E8-3CAB7A0A3CC7.jpeg

B9A7CFAB-6304-4C63-87E1-4EE07227A226.jpeg

76542E48-A674-4E3C-96B1-14559F3E9527.jpeg
What a great place to be!! I was so happy to hear they’re using this space for the holidays as well with an Earl the Squirrel/holiday theme… at the Green and Red Coconut Club! 🎄:squirrel: Can’t wait!!

To be continued with departure day but a full park day due to 10:30pm flight :banana:

The next day after dropping off our luggage, we took a boat to IoA with not too many people waiting and an empty boat also waiting.

E8E3DB28-E438-4C41-91B3-7305BEFD3CA7.jpeg

I’m Queen Christmas so I loved seeing all of the holiday decorations. Then we split a yummy egg and bacon Cinnabon sandwich. Velocicoaster then FJ then Kong. I love the detail on the enormous Kong animatronic.

After more fun, we headed over to Studios. During our walk, we meandered behind Hard Rock Cafe and took a pic of the Berlin Wall.

E55A8BCD-CA32-4482-9A0B-D9AD80FA3562.jpeg

We got on Mummy which was only a 10 minute wait. Then we were on a mission for some Hot Butterbeer and looking through shops.

6523D1C3-0717-484B-995C-82B500DA8F6F.jpeg

Then one of my favorite Harry Potter rides… Gringott’s. I love how this ride is so immersive!

We then ate at Finnegans as a walk up. Plenty of tables available. We had the Irish Cobb salad and corned beef sandwich and enjoyed the live entertainment. First off a bread service was brought out which included sweet apple butter. It was a great combo.

E7E60503-7177-4F6D-8998-F47C2CDD8648.jpeg

D74FC2FB-84A6-423E-B14B-DE9230364993.jpeg

8AC4A489-7F4D-46D0-A723-798C0A4143BB.jpeg

The food and drink were great as usual. I especially enjoyed that massive salad!

Then onto the Jimmy Fallon ride which always makes me laugh. It’s not priority on our list but we really enjoy it as it’s just some lighthearted fun.

We then hopped on the Mummy again and only waited 12 minutes. We were getting our fill since it had been under refurb for so long.

I then tried a treat that I’ve always wanted to try… the Doughnut sundae at Lard Lad’s. This was delicious!

517EC190-7350-4C61-9632-4D61CD372C8D.jpeg

The combo of cold sweet soft serve and the frosted doughnut was divine.

We hit up Transformers and then walked over to IoA and and got on our favorite again - Velocicoaster. After that we went on Spider-Man (love seeing Stan Lee’s cameo throughout) and Cat in the Hat. The Cat in the Hat book was always my favorite story from Dr Seuss.

Yay for Christmas decorations!!

C7D64658-6B25-4CB9-83F4-4F2910771A59.jpeg
Then we got some fudge to bring back for DD and went to our reservation at Vivo.

Unfortunately after checking in, we had to cancel Vivo because it took way too long to receive the text about a table being ready which never happened. They completely understood though as we had a flight to catch.

So we headed to Jake’s instead and ordered right away. Then off to our flight.

Overall we had an amazing time and it was good to get away and have our ‘date weekend’. One of the highlights was the Dead Coconut Club. I really hope they keep re-theming and utilizing this space. We just returned from another trip and this space was called the Green and Red Coconut Club and it was absolutely fantastic!! It reminds me of how they re-theme the Tribute Store with so much creativity and talent.

As always, hope this helps someone. Take care!

Love all of your trip reports! Thanks for sharing all the details and pictures. They make me homesick.

Love all of your trip reports! Thanks for sharing all the details and pictures. They make me homesick.
Thanks so much! I hope you have a trip in the planning, to get back and carry on the fun! I think a lot of the fun is also in the planning, and the anticipation itself.

Thanks so much! I hope you have a trip in the planning, to get back and carry on the fun! I think a lot of the fun is also in the planning, and the anticipation itself.

We're going to try to sneak in one last trip before our APs expire in late January. Then we're going to take a break until the new park opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter