WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
It's Halloween week at Walt Disney World, and a lot happened, from the Thunderbirds flyover to the golf cart parade at Fort Wilderness. Festival of the Arts dates have been announced, DCL early 2025 itineraries have been released, plus John and Kevin have a review of Topolino's Terrace at Disney's Riviera Resort.

Another great episode. I love how relaxed everyone seems with each other. John & Kevin’s dining reviews are great. I have to agree with them about Topolino’s breakfast. We dined there last year and it was terrible. Worst breakfast in 40+ years of visiting WDW. A terrible waste of money and time.

I feel there is momentum being built with each episode.

The dining review was straightforward and without bias. I couldn't believe the price for scrambled eggs and potatoes. It's gouging like that which makes us happy to cook breakfasts in a DVC villa.

We watched the show.
The commentary that did not involve the food, taints every cast members attempting to overcome the poor quality of food.
The cast of Hamilton could have served you, & you still wouldn’t eat that disgusting looking meal.

I think it is too soon for John and Kevin to do food reviews. That is being kind. Something I think they should try.
Here is something else they should do. We
do outside of WDW, if we have a problem……..let the management know.

It’s up to management to take action, when there is inappropriate behavior.

The shaming of a cast member who isn’t there to defend themselves is cruel.
He knows he waited on you two, and say, he watches this video, all excited, thinking he was being cute. What if he loses his job?
I vote you take those comments out or take it down.

I feel DIS UNLIMITED crew is doing just great with their fresh outlook.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the show and each week I've felt they get a bit more comfortable. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings for the Podcast.

I'm also enjoying the Restaurant Reviews and hope they continue. I'm a bit saddened to hear Topolino's quality has dipped. It was never cheap but with exceptional character interaction and stellar food we never felt cheated.

Another great show. As always, it was great to have a John and Kevin dining review.

One thing was glaringly missing from that review, though. With all of the issues they encountered, there should have been a conversation with the manager. Cold food, not just one item but several, and a server who was being wildly inappropriate are not things that should have been left unaddressed. Seriously, just a server asking a woman where her husband is should have prompted an immediate call for the manager. And it sounds like it didn't stop there. No way would I (or my wife) have sat and endured that.

It seems like several restaurants that start out stellar have slipped . I’m thinking of Be Our Guest and Steakhouse 71. Sad Topolino’s is headed that way.

Thanks for posting the show each week Jackie!
Makes it super easy to find.

Does anyone know how you would find the Thunder birds flyover schedule and how far out it is known?
Would love to schedule a trip around the flyover.

Thanks John and Kevin for the Toppolinos review.
Paying $50 for those breakfast plates would put a damper on my day.
Is the dinner a better value/quality?

It seems like several restaurants that start out stellar have slipped . I’m thinking of Be Our Guest and Steakhouse 71. Sad Topolino’s is headed that way.
Add Tiffins to that list as of a year ago: I noticed it first in 2021, and again in the spring and fall of 2022. I haven't been in 2023. Each time, the person handling expediting wasn't doing their job. An expediter should be verifying the quality of plating, food temp, and accuracy of order. Each time, we either had an incorrect dish, wildly overcooked, or flat out wrong pacing. (One seating we had entree come out when we were 3-4 bites into the appetizer. It was about 7 minutes, then entree drop.)

I loved Tiffins in the first two years of operation. Very high quality food, presentation, service. Based on my recent experiences, I won't book there anymore. I go to Nomad Lounge and enjoy the scenery.

After the entire situation of the last six months – including company leadership posting photos of funny hats and giant pretzels in an extremely tone-deaf manner while the public face of the company was actively being accused of drugging and raping an employee – being outraged over someone else's inappropriate conduct feels ... I don't know.

Bad behavior is bad behavior, but this conversation did not make me feel good.

Last edited:
@WebmasterJackie @Teleclashter - Thanks from bringing back the DIS weekly podcast! Question from a loyal fan here, when will the new show be back in an actual studio? The "virtual roundtable" format feels a bit awkward given the panelists are all in different locations and not speaking to each other in person in an actual studio. The old "DIS Unplugged" shows that took place in the studio felt much more organic and fluid, the audio quality was also significantly better.

@WebmasterJackie @Teleclashter - Thanks from bringing back the DIS weekly podcast! Question from a loyal fan here, when will the new show be back in an actual studio? The "virtual roundtable" format feels a bit awkward given the panelists are all in different locations and not speaking to each other in person in an actual studio. The old "DIS Unplugged" shows that took place in the studio felt much more organic and fluid, the audio quality was also significantly better.
When they find one.

Character breakfasts are not about the food.
That’s been Disney’s cop out for years. You get to shake hands with Mickey so we can give you crappy food for $75. That’s not an acceptable answer. There’s absolutely no reason that they can’t serve decent food at a character meal. We haven’t been there for years because the cost got outrageous but we used to love Crystal Palace. Fun character interaction and great food. They can do both and have in the past.

That’s been Disney’s cop out for years. You get to shake hands with Mickey so we can give you crappy food for $75. That’s not an acceptable answer. There’s absolutely no reason that they can’t serve decent food at a character meal. We haven’t been there for years because the cost got outrageous but we used to love Crystal Palace. Fun character interaction and great food. They can do both and have in the past.
Yeah. This is one of the reasons I’ve never felt pressed to try a character breakfast. (The other being that as a 35-year-old solo visitor, more often than not, I’m not exactly the target demographic.)

But there’s no way in the hell I'm paying $75 to eat a Waffle House breakfast and say hey to Mickey and them.

Character breakfasts are not about the food. I'd rather they have done a dinner review. Does Kevin even pay attention to what is being said during these videos? He's gotta go......
I disagree, I have had several great character dining experiences where the food was great.

I disagree, I have had several great character dining experiences where the food was great.

I never said anything about the quality of the food. Character breakfasts are mostly for people with kids that want to splurge a little and combine the two things, eating and seeing characters. I agree with the fact that Disney has used this to get away with lesser quality meals. We did a few character meals with the kids but now that they are grown I can't see me ever going to another.

Now that Erika is leaving is it possible to get a little diversity on the group? Disney World was intended to be family oriented but they rarely have someone on the show that has a family. To me, a character breakfast review would be better if it were done by someone that has a family.

And yes, I know Disney is for everyone. I am a Disney adult and go quite frequently with other other adults - no kids.

I never said anything about the quality of the food. Character breakfasts are mostly for people with kids that want to splurge a little and combine the two things, eating and seeing characters. I agree with the fact that Disney has used this to get away with lesser quality meals. We did a few character meals with the kids but now that they are grown I can't see me ever going to another.

Now that Erika is leaving is it possible to get a little diversity on the group? Disney World was intended to be family oriented but they rarely have someone on the show that has a family. To me, a character breakfast review would be better if it were done by someone that has a family.

And yes, I know Disney is for everyone. I am a Disney adult and go quite frequently with other other adults - no kids.
Perhaps you need to check out the Dreams Unlimited YouTube channel - they have posted a few episodes talking to their agents with kids. It's not quite the same format, but if you're looking for family tips/tricks, it might be helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter