Halloween Week at Disney -little princess's magical vacation, food allergy, photos

So our magical trip has ended... It may have not been so "magical" for DH, but he was impressed, and happy with the services at Disney. DD being 4 years old, I think it was the perfect age to fully enjoy the Disney magic. She did much better with the character greetings than last year. Also she is now taller than 41 inches; we could enjoy many rides together. :goodvibes
I was responsible for the entire trip planning. Prior to the trip I constantly checked FP and dining availabilities online, trying to have the best plans laid out for us. I also did the sewing mad dash to get the costumes and all the dresses ready for DD... :faint: I had never had to do so much planning for a vacation before!
DH and I gave up having a relaxing vacation and did so many things...because we were not sure when we will be able to go back. But now that the trip is over, DD and I cannot help thinking about it and what we will do next time...:scratchin

Rides -I would love to ride more coaster rides! We found out DD was not scared of them, so I would plan more coaster rides in the future trip. Also while she enjoyed almost everything, it seemed she preferred exciting thrill rides over the story-telling rides. She should be 44 inches next time we have a chance to go there, and we will be able to try the rides we could not this trip. What she did not like were Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror. I think the ghost factor of Tower of Terror made her scared more. I actually liked Tower of Terror, so hope she will overcome ghost fears...

Character Meet and Greet - This is a big fun part of Disney trip, and we did A LOT. DD wanted to meet ALL the princesses, and she did. princess: While talking characters M&G are fun and all the princesses were amazing, I could tell DD liked to touch and hug fluffy characters more. Maybe since they do not talk, it was less intimidating for her as well. I can see DD and me meeting many characters if we go back, but I hope we can cut down on princess meetings. And we probably do not have to see Mickey and Minnie 3 times in one trip...:lmao:

Character Dining -character dining is a great way to meet the characters without waiting in the line! My favorite was the breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I liked the food selections for us and DD's special needs. And you get to meet the main characters, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto! :thumbsup2
My other favorite was Cinderella's Happily Ever After dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Great food selections and great character interactions. Usually character stops at the table are very quick, but those stepsisters took time to talk to the guests, and they were so much fun! Even after DD grows out of the princess stage, I think we can have fun there.
Tusker House breakfast/lunch was fine. I liked the character attire there, but not having enough space or light made it hard to take photos. I would consider going back again if I am spending a day at AK; especially I read that they are now offering character dinner.
Princess dining -we did both Cinderella’s Royal Table and Akershus lunch. I have read many people preferring Akershus over CRT, and I agree. Dining inside the castle felt so special, and princesses were all lovely. But while our food was good, DD's food was not... Considering the cost, it is not an experience we need to repeat for each WDW trip. If DD is still into princesses, I would choose Akershus again. The food was much better for DD (though I am comparing breakfast at CRT to lunch at Akershus), and princesses were equally lovely there too.princess:

Resort -Value resorts made the trip affordable for us. We all loved Art of Animation and would love to go back there anytime. One thing that bothered me most was the bus service. I have read that AOA has the best bus services, but the wait time was sometimes too long. At park opening/closing time there were always so many people at the bus stop for AOA or POP, the line was longer than any other resorts. I am wondering if the bus service is better at moderate or deluxe...

MNSSHP -loved, LOVED it! :love: A place where adult can wear costumes and have fun, and there is no one dressed inappropriately. ;) I understand some people do not like the cost of the ticket, but it is cheaper than a day ticket and is worth it if you are staying till the park closes. We were not impressed with the special Halloween Party only treats and did not get any, and only stopped for 1 trick-or-treat station. But we got to ride many rides that night, and the parade was fantastic! Only if we could take a weeklong vacation again in October...

Photopass/Memory Maker -Since we did a lot of character M&G and my camera lens broke, it was a purchase well worth it. I do wish we did more magic shots and have fun with it. I heard that now you can buy Memory Maker after the trip? While I think I probably will not buy it again, that will be a great option.

Shopping -we are not a big shopper. I always try to look for one thing that feels special as a souvenir to remember the trip, but with a young kid, you always have to keep eye on her rather than on merchandise. So the only souvenir I got from this trip was Memory Maker. I kind of wanted the giant Stitch:stitch:, but I did not...I might have if we were driving. DD likes to check out the shops too, but she accepts it when mommy tells her 'No." Please don't feel sorry for her...I was giving her one plush every day during the trip. Also I took her to Disney stores after the trip and bought her many plush toys enough to make a suitcase full. I love Disney’s soft toys...they are well made and cute. I want them even if I did not have a kid, but having a daughter gives me a great excuse to get them. ;) Memory Maker is the best souvenir to remember the trip, but I do wish I got something else too. Hope next time DD can help me pick something that is not a toy.

Though DD and I dream about it, we are probably not going back to WDW next year. DH wants more "relaxing" kind of vacation. Waking up early and staying up late till your feet hurt is not his idea of vacation. I do too, and we all enjoy traveling destinations other than Disney. But Disney is not only fun, it also makes dining easier for us with DD’s food allergies. I am hoping I will be able to bring WDW trip to DH once DD reaches 44 inches height, and if she has been a good girl. :littleangel:

Thanks for reading my TR. If you have a trip coming up, hope you got some tips or ideas from this TR. And have a wonderful trip!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter